Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Cabaal wrote: »

Yeah, nothing says good PR like people thinking the crowd that run the place are incompetent as feck :pac:

It's a pure disaster but comedy gold

Nypd wrote: »

It's a pure disaster but comedy gold
    Saw this on FB earlier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Spadzy

looksee wrote: »
    If that statement was made maliciously then Masons would be justified in going to his superior, whoever that is. However it is also possible - and I don't know, I am just offering the argument - that if Masons had been on to him arguing the necessity to do the job, rather than just getting on with it the FO would be justified in saying, 'look, stop ringing me, just get the job done'.

Yes it would be nice to deal with someone smiling and pleasant, but a lot of people would take that to mean soft and pliable, he has a difficult job to do and is responsible for lives. How many people on here remember the Stardust tragedy? If fire regulations had been adhered to that would not have been so serious, in fact would probably not have happened at all.

I would say that you would have trouble trying to prove that the conversation was malicious.
    I do take your point about Masons maybe arguing alright and they were in the wrong to start with by doing these renovations without a Fire cert drawing and certs for the supplies used on the new building.
    They told the fire officer they would have them in 2 days and that’s when he said not to call him.
    I have never had to deal with this man myself but there is a serious case of bad attitude here that I have heard of from various sources.
    As for a difficult job yes that may be true but a lot has changed since Stardust (thankfully) , changes in building products being the main one. All supplies that are used in the building now have to have a fire cert rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

free masons open tonight apparently ...
    big changes upstairs

511614931_ca642b8a2a_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,491 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Anyone been to Masons since the reopening yet? How is it? Similar goings on? (Band downstairs/DJ upstairs etc.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Went there Wednesday night, had a band until around 12 I think and then a DJ came on downstairs. Upstairs was closed off.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Anyone been to Masons since the reopening yet? How is it? Similar goings on? (Band downstairs/DJ upstairs etc.)

Went in there Friday night, some questionable looking characters in there (those that travel around).
    Seemed to be a fair bit of trouble outside the place later

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

Nypd wrote: »
    Went in there Friday night, some questionable looking characters in there (those that travel around).
    Seemed to be a fair bit of trouble outside the place later

Sounds like some things never change. I'll be giving that place a wide berth.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 zebra123

this thread gone very quiet !!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,491 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

zebra123 wrote: »
    this thread gone very quiet !!

Come September it won't be :pac:

• Advertisement

Not much to say :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

The nightlife in waterford compared to 10 years ago aint the same- nowadays its just the one end of town where nearly everyone goes on a saturday night-same bands on nearly every weekend with the exact line up of songs- when the temple bar was open/ the stand bar/ the city arms/ egans and axis monday etc at least you could wonder from one end of town to the other for a late night bar- when I was out in waterford a good while ago- most of bars shorts/ the kazbar leave in far too many people for the small capacity of their venue floors- take shortts upstairs on a saturday night for example for the small space that is there; being way overcrowded-trying to stand a watch a live band only to have drunks knocking into each other and everyone else when they try to to past you to get to the smoking area and thats another story-when people are trying to get out to that smoking area and come in from the smoking area everyone being squashed in together trying to move- the forum when they have the smash hits events on although its a draw in a crowd one thing I always liked about the forum was they always put a limit on the numbers they allow into the venue for events-although crowded not overcrowded like a lot of other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 zebra123

Am Chile wrote: »
    The nightlife in waterford compared to 10 years ago aint the same- nowadays its just the one end of town where nearly everyone goes on a saturday night-same bands on nearly every weekend with the exact line up of songs- when the temple bar was open/ the stand bar/ the city arms/ egans and axis monday etc at least you could wonder from one end of town to the other for a late night bar- when I was out in waterford a good while ago- most of bars shorts/ the kazbar leave in far too many people for the small capacity of their venue floors- take shortts upstairs on a saturday night for example for the small space that is there; being way overcrowded-trying to stand a watch a live band only to have drunks knocking into each other and everyone else when they try to to past you to get to the smoking area and thats another story-when people are trying to get out to that smoking area and come in from the smoking area everyone being squashed in together trying to move- the forum when they have the smash hits events on although its a draw in a crowd one thing I always liked about the forum was they always put a limit on the numbers they allow into the venue for events-although crowded not overcrowded like a lot of other places.

was in shortts friday night and i felt it was too over crowded people digging into me while people were dancing ended up in the smoking area packed aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

What's the story with Murphy's on The Quay? It's been closed when I passed by the last two Saturday nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

I was out in Waterford last week ill never go out in Waterford again the amount of scum hanging around was unreal. Id hazard a guess and reckon some of the lads hanging around after the clubs closed werent out drinking they looked like they were mad to start a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gardner

I really don’t get the whole front lounge thing……… it’s a terrible venue, no character about the place. The layout is poor and its always over crowded.

We need a decent venue in town and quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

Does anyone have any recommendations for halloween events? :) Obviously the forum would be the main one, but are there any others worth while/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

CuriousG wrote: »
    Does anyone have any recommendations for halloween events? :) Obviously the forum would be the main one, but are there any others worth while/

On halloween night there will be an AC/DC tribute in the front lounge and fancy dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

On halloween night there will be an AC/DC tribute in the front lounge and fancy dress.

That sounds pretty cool, I am considering going to that as it sounds like fun but it being during the week we will see.

Does anyone know of anything this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 FestyOSemtex

S28382 wrote: »
    I was out in Waterford last week ill never go out in Waterford again the amount of scum hanging around was unreal. Id hazard a guess and reckon some of the lads hanging around after the clubs closed werent out drinking they looked like they were mad to start a row.

Thats one of the reasons I dont go in around town too often anymore. That and the fact that the place is a souless kip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

too many tramps around

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

Seen sign above Harveys today saying sold.Wonder who is after buying it and if they will change much?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Weird, I was only walking past yesterday looking at the sign and thinking it would be ages before someone bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

I have been told it has been bought by proxy for a former player in the local club scene.Could not get a name

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kg703

I'm a bit worried reading all this! Heading to Waterford soon for a weekend away with a friend... 2 females -26 anyone recommend anywhere good?? If ya know dublin somewhere like Mcgowans or something? Pub type but late night with music.... Even a rock bar?

Just want a hint where to avoid, (masons by the sounds of it) don't want to be stuck with a load of 18 year olds or end up getting bet around!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Spadzy

Haha.... Ahh don't worry ... It's not As bad as it is made out to be! Just keep around johns street pubs and you will enjoy urself.... Try Revolution and Shortts ..... My faves anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Spadzy wrote: »
    Haha.... Ahh don't worry ... It's not As bad as it is made out to be! Just keep around johns street pubs and you will enjoy urself.... Try Revolution and Shortts ..... My faves anyway!!

Shorts will have a band inside and a DJ in the smoking area out back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Spadzy wrote: »

Shorts will have a band inside and a DJ in the smoking area out back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

It's johns st after the clubs close is the problem. That's when all the scum seem to hang around. It's hard to avoid john st when that's where the pub/club scene is primarily based.

• Advertisement

The Reg is open next week, should add a bit of variety back into the city.
    Will be nice to get off johns street for a night out.

Advertisement