Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

ziedth wrote: »
    Just goes to show. I saw it on a couple of peoples Facebook that they were locked up tight. Perfect example of why we can't discuss these kind of things.
    Harveys was definitely open last night and will definitely open tonight.kind of bad of another venue to have a sign on their door saying" due to the closure of Harveys" bit premature I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Just goes to show. I saw it on a couple of peoples Facebook that they were locked up tight. Perfect example of why we can't discuss these kind of things.

They were locked up tight but they opened at half twelve and there was something going on. Wether they are going to close or not is just a matter of wait and see

deisedave wrote: »

They were locked up tight but they opened at half twelve and there was something going on. Wether they are going to close or not is just a matter of wait and see
    That's strange because I served people in there around half 11

Mooley22 wrote: »
    That's strange because I served people in there around half 11

I saw workers head in but saw the bouncers turn the public away?

Could have been turned away for other reasons.There was customers in from around half 11 and doors stayed open.I was doing promo for harveys on the street up to quarter to 1 so it was open up until half two as normal.Also open as usual tonight with 3.50 drinks

• Advertisement

Could have been turned away for other reasons.There was customers in from around half 11 and doors stayed open.I was doing promo for harveys on the street up to quarter to 1 so it was open up until half two as normal.Also open as usual tonight with 3.50 drinks

You have any idea what the Zion van was doing outside? the bouncers were turning away everyone until past twelve from what I saw.

What do zion do?There was customers in harveys from half 11 so anyone being turned away after that was for reasons that only the security would know

What do zion do?There was customers in harveys from half 11 so anyone being turned away after that was for reasons that only the security would know

The locksmiths were going in the backdoor, just wondered what they were doing.

Fixing a lock maybe?:D

Fixing a lock maybe?:D

Ah ok just seemed weird opening late and not opening on thursday, then the locksmiths after all the closing speculation. So is business going good in there then?

• Advertisement

Has been quiet but should pick up with the prices being dropped.Thursday havent been busy at all the past few weeks so no point in opening on a thursday anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Why were they not open until so late then?

Opened half an hour late because of staff meeting.

Opened half an hour late because of staff meeting.

ok, and how come the Gary Power musical party had to move venues at the last minute?

No business would decide to cancel a booking at the last minute for a staff meeting tbf

Dont know about the booking thing but we were open as normal and will be tonight

Dont know about the booking thing but we were open as normal and will be tonight

Ok, either you dont know the answer, or you arent prepared to give an honest answer.

Either way, fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JokerNemesis

Harveys was definitely open last night and will definitely open tonight.kind of bad of another venue to have a sign on their door saying" due to the closure of Harveys" bit premature I think.
    Other Venue were only indicating that for the people attending Gary Power production night, where it was on. Don't think they meant as a ''dig'' at ye:)

kryogen wrote: »
    Ok, either you dont know the answer, or you arent prepared to give an honest answer.

Either way, fair enough.

I live right next to Harveys and something weird was going on last night, They were turning people away at 11 O'clock and there was lock smiths going around. Since when does a company get a locksmith to fix a lock at half 11 on a Friday night.

They also did not open Thursday night as usual, there is definitely something up with Harveys they just wont admit it because it would be bad for business.

I said i dont know because i actually dont know.It was closed Thursday because the last 3 Thursdays before we closed early because it was so quiet so not much point opening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

I live right next to Harveys and something weird was going on last night, They were turning people away at 11 O'clock and there was lock smiths going around. Since when does a company get a locksmith to fix a lock at half 11 on a Friday night.

They also did not open Thursday night as usual, there is definitely something up with Harveys they just wont admit it because it would be bad for business.

Exactly the reason why I was saying that it shouldnt be discussed until valid proof from either side - Facebook ust doesnt cut it as valid proof as most statements on it are based on rumours (Even though as was shown it was stated as business as normal).
    As regards lock smiths at that time of night I have seen it happen on numerous occasions. If a safe is inaccessable due to loss of keys etc it has to be opened somehow, If a lock is broken and its not fixed that night it then means someone has to stay behind after closing so no-one can just walk in the door so why waste someones time by keeping someone there??

At the time of the Tweedy Group fiasco I was in the unfortunate position of being an employee at the time and let me tell ye it wasnt nice logging on to boards each day seeing a discussion from people who hadn't a clue/from rival bars about whether my job was safe or not.....

I think it would be wise so as to avoid the same scenario as last time to lock the thread until valid information and proof of what is happening is pm'd to the moderators but thats just my opinion.......

• Advertisement

Other Venue were only indicating that for the people attending Gary Power production night, where it was on. Don't think they meant as a ''dig'' at ye:)

In fairness if that was the case then why not use the words "Due to unforseen circumstances" instead of "Due to the recent closure" - Makes sense in my opinion

Elbows22 wrote: »
    In fairness if that was the case then why not use the words "Due to unforseen circumstances" instead of "Due to the recent closure" - Makes sense in my opinion
    I have a feeling Jokernemesis might work for the company that had the sign up.Just sayin lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Do you actually have nothing better to be doing than spying out your window at the goings-on in Harvey's?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Jape is on in the Forum tonight, fuck the Harveys and the other dive, five blips in and you have a decent club with live music. Sort yourselves out girls

Adyx wrote: »
    Do you actually have nothing better to be doing than spying out your window at the goings-on in Harvey's?

I can see harveys while sitting on my sofa so not as if I an going out of my way to spy as you call it. It's the street I live on I am obviously going to notice some goings on.

Adyx wrote: »

Haha yeah it sounds like some creepy behaviour alright :)
    Deisedave get your trenchcoat ready for Rag Week buddy :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Just heard on WLR FM that a receiver has being appointed to Harvey's and Mantra.

Thought they were in receivership already???

Elbows22 wrote: »
    Haha yeah it sounds like some creepy behaviour alright :)
    Deisedave get your trenchcoat ready for Rag Week buddy :cool:

During rag week I will have my car damaged it has happened past three years.
    If harveys is not open my car might just not be damaged this year, their is a seventy year old woman living a few doors down and she has had to buy eighteen new wing mirrors in the last few years.

It was in examnership now its in receivership.But its business as usual for the time being

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

It was in examnership now its in receivership.But its business as usual for the time being
    so i would take it any talk of renovations would be rubbish

Advertisement