Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your k/d ratio?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Bazer14

My excuse?
    Well, my first ever shooter game was COD 5 which I got last September so I haven't had a lot of experience with them and I like to mess around a lot so yeah :p

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Elite_Etnisa

I feel bad for my kd now. My friend made a new account and prestiged in a day. He managed to get kd 6.5. Obviously he boosted it till lvl 20 because no weapons / no game types but now hes keeping it up .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

I feel bad for my kd now. My friend made a new account and prestiged in a day. He managed to get kd 6.5. Obviously he boosted it till lvl 20 because no weapons / no game types but now hes keeping it up .

Don't follow this bit...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

noshankus wrote: »
    Mines pretty damn low. I couldn't even tell you what it is - I'm too scared to look! This was my first COD game, so it took me ages to get used to it, not to mention I usually only play Dom, Dem or CTF and I like winning the game as opposed to just going for kills. Saying that, over the last few months, I've been always about even and most times I'm in the positives... but the damage has been done so it's going to take me a while to drag my stats up!

I'm the exact same! Played awful at the start and now I'm dragging it back up slowly but surely, I was about 0.45 and I've managed to drag it up to about 0.9 :) Although, that said, I do play a lot of ground war and domination so it annoys me when my friends try claim superiority simply from k/d stats!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,752 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Trilla wrote: »

Checked mine today, up to 0.97....mostly because I've stuck to search and destroy and FFA, and gotten slightly better at the game.

I was such a noob at the start I threw away care packages thinking they were bombs or flares for airstrikes. I know I know :)

• Advertisement

I was such a noob at the start I threw away care packages thinking they were bombs or flares for airstrikes. I know I know :)

LoL :D Thanks Trilla for making me smile on a overcast Thursday morning. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭HyperSkypeWiper

1.2:D

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭coadyd

at the moment it is 1.62 ... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

Back up to 1.0 this evening. Was down around 0.95 a few weeks ago because I was pretty much only going for flags in dominations matches and dying over 30 times a game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Its pretty sh1t tbh, usually .75-.80, thats what I get for being a "team player" on Domination I guess :( although my 30-1 game on FFA last night (nuke!) helped it a bit :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

I was such a noob at the start I threw away care packages thinking they were bombs or flares for airstrikes :)
    Jesus wept!!lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 astronige

about 0.3 lol.. i is MW2`s very own suicide bomber lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Alan_007_

0.7 used to play alot of domination

• Registered Users Posts: 14,464 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

.89,,had my best game in a good while just an hour ago there. 30-3 in Quarry on FFA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭CokaColumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭The Shtig

Pure ****e

I use to care about it and was slowly raising it, think i reached 1.28 when i got fed up and decided to mess about with throwing knifes, riot shields and trying to be a epic quick scoper (I fail :o).

Started playing more objective games aswell and in general just having more of a laugh but i still play a few serious games where i do the best i can.

I think its hovering around the 1.19 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

callaway92 wrote: »
    .89,,had my best game in a good while just an hour ago there. 30-3 in Quarry on FFA

ah quarry got my best game on that too . just after i got my first nuke so i was brimming with adrenaline . plus i ditched the nuke and had attack helicopter pavelow and chopper gunner. one just led to the other and i ended up with a 30-0 match .......cant even get close to that good anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Touché.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭jack888

Mine is 3.2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭MurfyAthea

Mine is now 1.12, slowly going up! But my mates come over and play and wreck it or if im playin domination it goes down often\!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Mine is well over 2 but I've never once camped and never intend to.

Rb wrote: »
    Mine is well over 2 but I've never once camped and never intend to.

Jeez, just as well you cleared that up. I'd have assumed you were a camper otherwise...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Fair play to you lot over 2. Still hovering around 1.15. Bleh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

2.13. hit 2.20 but stopped playing as often.

back on 17th April I posted this. I am now .98 after getting my first nuke ever a couple of days ago :) soon to be 1.00 I hope.
    I am playing to a 1.5 imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Pffftt.

Kill/death ratios are soooo last season.....

Pffftt.

Kill/death ratios are soooo last season.....

you are giving what your name suggests. Everyone is entitled to your opinion but the quickest way to judge how good a player is, is their Kill/Death ratio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

you are giving what your name suggests. Everyone is entitled to your opinion but the quickest way to judge how good a player is, is their Kill/Death ratio

Bull****. Your k/d ratio is also a function of what game mode you play. You can be a great Domination player and have a **** ratio. Equally you can be an effective camper and have a good ratio but you're still a **** player

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

K/D means very little these days.

A good player can mix it up, achieve good scores consistently yet play the objective at the same time. Obviously TDM and FFA are about it kills.

I rather win matches instead of improving my K/D.

I was not always like that. COD4 I was a tad (:p) obsessed with it for the last year of COD4, same applies to the first month or two of MW2.

In MW2, it's really difficult to define what is a good player with the BS involved IMO. Same applies to COD4 to a lesser extent.
    COD2 was a game that clearly proved who was a poor-average-good-excellent player.

• Advertisement

Bull****. Your k/d ratio is also a function of what game mode you play. You can be a great Domination player and have a **** ratio. Equally you can be an effective camper and have a good ratio but you're still a **** player

jesus kid calm down. You are wrong. It IS the quickest way to judge how good a player is. You're WRONNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Advertisement