Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your k/d ratio?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

1.32 or there about.

But i reckon anything over 1.00 is grand. i solely play TDM and HCTDM..

and the closest i get to camping is sniping on a few levels, but even then, its 2-3 kills, and move on to get the guys looking for you at the old spot.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I hope all this... 2 and over K/D = Camper, is tongue and cheek.

I reckon 8 times out of 10, I'm all out for the win first and foremost. When I'm playing with complete random mong players I occasionally focus on kills in objective games. Certainly no camper neither.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

I reckon 8 times out of 10, I'm all out for the win first and foremost. When I'm playing with complete random mong players I occasionally focus on kills in objective games. Certainly no camper neither.

why have you 2 psn:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

3.10 k/d. 20k kills. Play s&d most of the time. Not A camper:cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

all i look @ these days is the +/- number between kills/deaths.
    currently its at +500 with a k/d of about 1.1

as long as i'm staying positive each game i'm happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

1.16 OK I suppose but should be better

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

Its all relative, i only play sabotage and im a sprayer, so my k/d is quite low, less than 1, probably around 0.9 ish, my accuracy is horrendous due to the spraying however my Game wins are in the 500's, total playing time around 4 days.
    Sabotage forces more deaths as its a war of attrition, get the bomb and run it forward till you die so I dont think a low k/d is a reasonable counter of performance. Having said that, i was in good form last nite, finshed a game 66-20, for some reason the planets aligned and was shooting well. Loving the AK lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

Shammy wrote: »
    0.25 up from 0.19 last month :cool:

Ehh? You being modest, or trying to point out how daft a question it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Shammy wrote: »
    0.25 up from 0.19 last month :cool:

Shammy, I think you have the decimal point in the wrong position there. Nice try!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

ha ha , i think the question only applies to people who play tdm and/or ffa , k/d ratio doesnt mean squat when playing objective games.

• Advertisement

If you play just tdm/htdm then it isnt tongue and cheek . I've played in matches with the most pathetic campers you can imagine and after said match, I would send them a message saying what I thought of their camping . They just send a message saying my k/d is 3. something or other ........i don't care . They always make me laugh :D

If you play objective games it is , because I don't play them and have no idea how easy/hard it is to get a killstreak .

If you play objective games it is , because I don't play them and have no idea how easy/hard it is to get a killstreak .

Its difficult to get a decent streak, my highest is 17 on sabotage. Objective games draw you into firefights, camping will only allow the opposition a free run at the target (outside of domination).

To use a football analogy, consider a loose ball in the box and the chaos that ensues...................t'is great fun 'till somebody looses an eye!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,866 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

minotour wrote: »
    Its difficult to get a decent streak, my highest is 17 on sabotage. Objective games draw you into firefights, camping will only allow the opposition a free run at the target (outside of domination).

To use a football analogy, consider a loose ball in the box and the chaos that ensues...................t'is great fun 'till somebody looses an eye!

My highest and best k/d in a domination game was 23-0 on Rundown.

I've gotten over 23 a fair few times but i think keeping the clean sheet to re-use your analogy meant a lot more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭noshankus

Mines pretty damn low. I couldn't even tell you what it is - I'm too scared to look! This was my first COD game, so it took me ages to get used to it, not to mention I usually only play Dom, Dem or CTF and I like winning the game as opposed to just going for kills. Saying that, over the last few months, I've been always about even and most times I'm in the positives... but the damage has been done so it's going to take me a while to drag my stats up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

Quazzie wrote: »
    My highest and best k/d in a domination game was 23-0 on Rundown.

I've gotten over 23 a fair few times but i think keeping the clean sheet to re-use your analogy meant a lot more.

So you don't usually cap flags then?

Saw a vid on domination once, it claimed High Kill and low death is irrelevant on Dom, think of death as inconvenient method of teleportation to the spawn point?

Still cant deny High k/d ratio requires skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,866 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

shawpower wrote: »
    So you don't usually cap flags then?

I did in that game. I captured B twice and defended C only losing it once but immediately recapturing it. Admittedly towards the end I was pretty campish as I tried to keep my clean sheet. I play Ground War which means its a lot busier, When it gets to the TDM part of it I usually concentrate on not dying as much, if not more so than getting kills. a 6-5 ratio in TDM means that I contributed +100 points to my team, and if all my team mates done that we'd win the game. Its very low scoring but I play for the team and I think that its my best way contribute. In TDM not dying is just as important as getting a kill as dying gives your opposition score advantage.

why have you 2 psn:confused:

Because one was my original A/C.

One's a uni A/C.

I have another A/C... HvG_Ade was for my old clan back in COD4.

A lot of people have multiple A/C's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

My K/d has varied alot recently, between 1.04 and 0.9. I used to play TDM solely with an assault rifle, but since then I've tried out sniping and I play mainly Demolition these days. I don't really care that much about K/D anyway, but it is nice to be 1 or above.

Because one was my original A/C.

One's a uni A/C.

I have another A/C... HvG_Ade was for my old clan back in COD4.

A lot of people have multiple A/C's

can you have more than one account on a playstation :confused:

• Advertisement

can you have more than one account on a playstation :confused:

Yes.
    If you play just tdm/htdm then it isnt tongue and cheek . I've played in matches with the most pathetic campers you can imagine and after said match, I would send them a message saying what I thought of their camping . They just send a message saying my k/d is 3. something or other ........i don't care . They always make me laugh :D

Tbh I think they find it funnier you actually bothering to message(probably abusing) them over their style of gameplay. I know if someone was messaging me in similar circumstance to what you do.. I'd have a good laugh at their expense.

Unless someone is glitching/boosting/constantly talking trash I CBA to message them over camping or not. Because tbf their camping won't match my score or any decent player score. If you can't suss them out that is your fault as well.

Majority of COD players aren't very bright lets face it. I could be running around the entire time and stop for literally a few seconds to a minute in say SnD, people would see this and be whining that I'am a camper. Like the fcuk!? :pac:

I'm a tactical player but aggressive all the same. I've had to tone down my style for MW2 but COD4 I'm as aggressive as they come but one thing as remained consistent... I play for the team and for the objective. I don't have the patience to camp but at the same time the running out in a headless chicken approach isn't my thing either.

Oh and yes I really only playing MTDM unless with friends/clan obviously.

I used to play Sabotage and Hardcore SnD mainly on COD4.

Yes.

Tbh I think they find it funnier you actually bothering to message(probably abusing) them over their style of gameplay. I know if someone was messaging me in similar circumstance to what you do.. I'd have a good laugh at their expense.

Unless someone is glitching/boosting/constantly talking trash I CBA to message them over camping or not. Because tbf their camping won't match my score or any decent player score. If you can't suss them out that is your fault as well.

Majority of COD players aren't very bright lets face it. I could be running around the entire time and stop for literally a few seconds to a minute in say SnD, people would see this and be whining that I'am a camper. Like the fcuk!? :pac:

I'm a tactical player but aggressive all the same. I've had to tone down my style for MW2 but COD4 I'm as aggressive as they come but one thing as remained consistent... I play for the team and for the objective. I don't have the patience to camp but at the same time the running out in a headless chicken approach isn't my thing either.

Oh and yes I really only playing MTDM unless with friends/clan obviously.

I used to play Sabotage and Hardcore SnD mainly on COD4.

I'll be honest , anyone that I have sent a message to just replies with an abusive message/taking about how good their k/d is . The truth hurts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

mines 1.02 , had it about 1.45 for a good bit, then after many drunken nights playing domination it slowly went under 1. I try not to play too drunk, but its just too tempting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Mochara627 wrote: »
    0.8 or something like that. I don't hold much regard for my own K/D ratio since I spend most of my time playing demolition.
    +1
    Quazzie wrote: »
    Pretty similar thing here myself. I play a lot of domination so in an average game of Ground war domination I'd get killed 2-4 times solely taking bases. I remember once getting killed 10 times in a row on Afghan by the same group of guys on the opposition just because I was attacking their base which distracted them from taking ours.

Yup me too. Its actually quite a useful tactic in domination - particularly if the teams are well balanaced. Sometimes you have to just keep the pressure on and send lots of cannon fodder in and eventually you'll get the objective/keep thme busy long enough for your teammates to do somethin useful

:eek:? Care to elaborate ?
    minotour wrote: »
    Saw a vid on domination once, it claimed High Kill and low death is irrelevant on Dom, think of death as inconvenient method of teleportation to the spawn point?

Still cant deny High k/d ratio requires skill.
    Its also useful for changing class in a hurry. Often times if the team suddenly bring in lots of air support (in some games teams store up killstreaks and bring them all in at once), I'll blow myself up with a grenade to respawn with my anti-air class.

My killstreak is about 0.8. But I reckon if you looked at it by weapon, my P90 ratio would be much better than my other weapons. I play very aggressive with P90 - cause of the larger clip size you can take on mutliple enemies very effectively I find

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭JamieDev

1.17 and dont know how since i fcuk around so much on this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Mine is 0.37 :) And loving it

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mines 0.45, meh, the learning curve in this is astronomical for new players so I'll get it up in time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

Whats yours?

Who cares about kdr's anyway.

me.

2.26 k/d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

krudler wrote: »
    Mines 0.45, meh, the learning curve in this is astronomical for new players so I'll get it up in time

Eh hard to do. The longer you play the game the less significant each kill is towards shifting your ratio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭blue movie

its around the 0.8 mark steady as she goes :D

Advertisement