Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Significant Snow risk - Monday 29th/Tuesday 30th

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Give it a chance before you throw the toys out of the pram fella !

I was thinking from tonight onwards was when its supposed to start to get interesting ;)

yes but now on xcweather it says rain! Thats what it said on weatheronline but they upgraded its very confusing!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

If only : :D

109030.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭Speak Now

owenc wrote: »
    This so sh1t and depressing... one of the stations near me is saying friggen 7c!!! like what the hell!! this is obiously happening because of me... its 5c.. here but it wont be long before we reach that if this sh1t rain dosnt hurry up... and now its going to be raining tomorrow and 4c.. more like 7c..and no snow tonight either anymore.. what a stinker.:(

What did you do, leave the heating on all night :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

yes but now on xcweather it says rain! Thats what it said on weatheronline but they upgraded its very confusing!

The one thing I have learned here is to never take them automated sites seriously .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭pauldry

Snow risk not completely gone yet. Tonight late on there may be some in places esp in N and E

• Advertisement

The one thing I have learned here is to never take them automated sites seriously .

yes but netweather charts show us getting no snow at all... but now weatheronline do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

:eek: :eek:

I don't know why but that made me laugh and tea came out my nose... bravo !!! :D

What did you do, leave the heating on all night :pac:

Nope because my dad would have a fit with all his energy saving crap... oh god dont get me started... him and his rules!:rolleyes::mad: we have to fricken shut all the doors turn out all the lights.. oh god.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,825 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Nasty looking hook on the rainfall radar over Kerry & some areas of very heavy rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

why can't it just be warm and dry for once???

Yeah we had our cold here in Kilkenny, the lowest official lows with a -16.3C

Now we want some heat....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Nope because my dad would have a fit with all his energy saving crap... oh god dont get me started... him and his rules!:rolleyes::mad: we have to fricken shut all the doors turn out all the lights.. oh god.

Earth hour must have been exciting for your Dad so.

Min wrote: »
    Earth hour must have been exciting for your Dad so.

naw he watched a film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Rain becoming quite heavy here over the last half hour (3.3mm/ph mean) with a stiff 18 mph mean wind speed, although gusts not exceeding 31 mph.

6.1mm so far. Dacent! :pac:

warning issued hurray!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

yep tuam road in galway is filling up quite nicely...

yep tuam road in galway is filling up quite nicely...

Galway.net have a new frame timelapse for the Docks cam. Great for watching that grey sky in motion!

http://cms.galway.net:8080/RealTime/jsp/webcam/webcam-view.jsp?id=cam06

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

warning issued hurray!

Derry Eglington Forecast to 10pm

EGAE 291106Z 2912/2921 07014KT 9999 -RA BKN015
    BECMG 2912/2914 7000 RA BKN012
    BECMG 2912/2915 05020G30KT
    TEMPO 2913/2921 4000 +RA

Heavy RAIN from 2pm. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

has cleared down here in north cork for the time being. is there more rain forecast for later or has the clearance come earlier than expected?

don't expect to see any snow down here - maybe a bit of sleet.

has cleared down here in north cork for the time being. is there more rain forecast for later or has the clearance come earlier than expected?

don't expect to see any snow down here - maybe a bit of sleet.

Sort of. The main frontal zone is pushing NNW at the moment and you are just on the southern side. The main low will be pushing ENE soon which will swing the frontal zone back over you again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The current weather alert page for Northern Ireland on the UKMO site has a warning out for heavy snow and blizzards throughout Tuesday. http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ni/ni_forecast_warnings.html

The 06z output from the NAE model of the met office is a bit more realistic than previous outputs but it's only a minor downgrade so the models seem set on this event bringing some significant snow to parts of inland Ulster and the northern half of Leinster as far as Tuesday night is concerned. But the second LP system that dies off near France must die quickly otherwise the LP in the Irish Sea will not travel as far north as expected. It wouldn't do to have the LP even 100 miles south of what's programmed now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

There is not suppose to be any snow at lower levels yet. This evening inland parts of the Midlands and Southwest will see some.

18_30.gif

By tomorrow morning the North Midlands and Ulster should have some snow.

24_30.gif

The rain/snow clearing the far South for a time.

Then by tomorrow evening the fun begins with heavy snow in many areas but particularly the North and East. There looks like being alot of snow in a short period of time (9 - 12hrs) so some good accumulations should occur.

36_30.gif

42_30.gif

But isn't that looking at +36hrs or so and saying snow when doing the same thing 36hrs ago would have brought it for tonight?

Hardly reliable :)

But isn't that looking at +36hrs or so and saying snow when doing the same thing 36hrs ago would have brought it for tonight?

Baxtardia?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Extremely reliable. Snow tonight is most likely in the North Midlands, Ulster, West Midlands and the Southwest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

been waiting for a chart like this for years! it HAS to come off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

This must be April Fools week... :pac:

Edit : trying to provoke the weather Gods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

Somebody is going to get an absolute dumping out of this. Remarkable set up for March/April.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

darkman2 wrote: »
    Extremely reliable. Snow tonight is most likely in the North Midlands, Ulster, West Midlands and the Southwest.

i'll believe it when i see it! doesn't even feel that cold yet - when is the colder air feeding down? met eireann have just rain for munster in their 1pm update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

24hr Rainfall accumulations up to 1pm today.

Valentia 27mm
    Sherkin Island 24mm
    Cork Airport 23mm
    Johnstown Castle 14mm
    Oak Park 13mm

• Advertisement

i'll believe it when i see it! doesn't even feel that cold yet - when is the colder air feeding down? met eireann have just rain for munster in their 1pm update.

Its baltic here in Newbridge , working from home today and heat has been on since this morning , went to the shops for lunch there and its the first time in weeks I doubled back to the house to get the winter coat , also there is a very slight breeze but it would cut through you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement