Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Significant Snow risk - Monday 29th/Tuesday 30th

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

pointless light cold rain here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

I think Met Eireann's warnings are inadequate to what's about to happen
    Met Eireann had a warning for snowfall out on Friday. That's ample warning me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

It appears to be the 'perfect storm' as it winds itself up in a perfect position to drive the cold air South.
    Beginning to look like a Nationwide event to rival anything seen all Winter!!
    I think Met Eireann's warnings are inadequate to what's about to happen

Oh you! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

are all the ones who are getting snow high up? by tomorrow morning will the icy rain have turned to snow!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

owenc wrote: »
    are all the ones who are getting snow high?

Yes Owen, as a kite, now do you want some or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Met Eireann had a warning for snowfall out on Friday. That's ample warning me thinks.

Where's it now?, the beeb forecasting a foot of snow for the North!!

Yes Owen, as a kite, now do you want some or not?

of course!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

are all the ones who are getting snow high up? by tomorrow morning will the icy rain have turned to snow!??

They're even getting it underground Owen - ya missing out Big time! nanahnanahna...:p

Here January

Issued at 29 March 2010 - 19:00
    Rain/snow warning
    Widespread rain Monday night and Tuesday will give additional falls of 30 mm or more in places (mainly over the northern half of the country) with the risk of localised flooding. The rain will turn to sleet or snow in places also. There will be heavy falls of snow on some hills and mountains, with blizzard conditions at times. More widespread snow cover is possible also, especially in East Connacht, Ulster and North Leinster.

I believe this to be spot on in terms of where they ar epredicting snowfall.

By the way, after three hours the snow has turned to sleet and is already leading to some melting snow. Bahhhh. Well it is March 29th i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Tempature is 2c at Enniskillen, and it's all light rain which is falling at the moment. Where'd my blizzard to go earlier!! :confused:

I recon it's them lads further South and West of me seem to have piched it - I want it back!!:D

• Advertisement

snow ghost wrote: »
    They're even getting it underground Owen - ya missing out Big time! nanahnanahna...:p

woteva

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Here January

Issued at 29 March 2010 - 19:00
    Rain/snow warning
    Widespread rain Monday night and Tuesday will give additional falls of 30 mm or more in places (mainly over the northern half of the country) with the risk of localised flooding. The rain will turn to sleet or snow in places also. There will be heavy falls of snow on some hills and mountains, with blizzard conditions at times. More widespread snow cover is possible also, especially in East Connacht, Ulster and North Leinster.

I believe this to be spot on in terms of where they ar epredicting snowfall.

By the way, after three hours the snow has turned to sleet and is already leading to some melting snow. Bahhhh. Well it is March 29th i guess.
    I suppose the time of year will be a factor alright, still the really cold air isn't even due until tomorrow night so I'll stick to my guns that it will be worse then the Met predict

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Wohoo!!!! Its snowing here in Limerick city!!, and it is begining to stick....

Tempature is 2c at Enniskillen, and it's all light rain which is falling at the moment. Where'd my blizzard to go earlier!! :confused:

I recon it's them lads further South and West of me seem to have piched it - I want it back!!:D

dw maxes will be low tomorrow and by then the colder air is bound to cut in... and it wont take long for the snow to settle. sleet here.. 2c!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

Lookin Good- take that SE England!:)

Anything that falls wont last long but we could have blizzards for a while tomorrow evening

snow2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

That blizzard must have heard me WolfeIRE, hopefully it's heading back up North-West to where it belongs!! I saw it first - get your own!!!!!:P:D

That blizzard must have heard me WolfeIRE, hopefully it's heading back up North-West to where it belongs!! I saw it first - get your own!!!!!:P:D

I guess the snow did not like West Clare bogtrotters like me running around and screwing up the nice blanket it had laid out on the ground. Damn touchy that snow is!

just looked at models and the colder 850 temps havnt come in yet so thats why its just sleeting they should be here by 3am at the latest... so should be snowing by morning HOPEFULLY :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

ellieh1 wrote: »
    Wohoo!!!! Its snowing here in Limerick city!!, and it is begining to stick....

Snow at 10m ASL .... good stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Snow in Limerick City.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Sleet/wet snow falling now:) been raining on and off here all day, it's got very cold here the past few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

lashing snow here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

the colder air is finally starting to mix in near the Eastern coast...6c in Casement now...wind now from the west both in Dublin AP and Casement...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭Speak Now

So it's basically snowing everywhere else except for here now!:(

Dont be ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

A total greyout here, lots of fog.

It would be so much better if it was bikini/mankini weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

A new one for what could be some day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement