Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭EI2011

a couple of my visa pages are autographed is this a problem? i still have loads of blank visa pages left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Who defaced them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

EI2011 wrote: »
    a couple of my visa pages are autographed is this a problem? i still have loads of blank visa pages left

In theory, your passport shouldn't have any other writing on it. In reality, I don't see it being a major problem. Just please, in future don't use it as an autograph book.

a couple of famous djs stupid thing to do was drunk at the time :( ..im only heading to spain this year which should be ok but its only a one year old passport and just wondering if i was leaving the eu would it be a major problem

a couple of famous djs stupid thing to do was drunk at the time :( ..im only heading to spain this year which should be ok but its only a one year old passport and just wondering if i was leaving the eu would it be a major problem

I've seen far worse than a couple of autographs on a passport ;) Children getting loose on them with markers etc.

• Advertisement

mmcn90 wrote: »
    I've seen far worse than a couple of autographs on a passport ;) Children getting loose on them with markers etc.

the like of usa and austrailia control would you take the risk?

the like of usa and austrailia control would you take the risk?

To be honest, if it was me, no. No point losing money on a holiday for the sake of €88.50 on a passport.

To be honest, if it was me, no. No point losing money on a holiday for the sake of €88.50 on a passport.

fair point . loads of blank visa pages empty so should be ok :)

for the likes of eu countrys be ok ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

As long as the passport is valid and not damaged, it should be accepted. A few pages of it having scribble on don't affect it's validity. So long as there is enough space for visas / endorsements - it's perfectly fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Dude240502 wrote: »
    Do you think it'd even be worth a try?

If you have a holiday booked then absolutely ask. Just be aware of this:
    Losing your Irish passport in Ireland
    If you are an Irish citizen living in Ireland and you have lost your Irish passport, or it has been stolen, you must report the loss of your passport to the Passport Office immediately. You will be asked to confirm the loss in writing or if you are applying for a new passport to include the details in your application.

To apply for a new passport, you must fill out form APS 1. You must give the circumstances of the loss in Section 6 of the form. You can obtain an APS1 form from your nearest Garda Station or Post Office. This form must be witnessed/countersigned by a member of An Garda Siochana who must also sign and stamp Section 6.

You must resubmit all the supporting documents required with a normal first-time passport application to the Passport Office. These documents include the full long form birth certificate, a marriage certificate (if applicable) and four passport sized photographs. You can read more about how to apply for a passport in our document on applying for an Irish passport.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/travel_abroad/passports/replacing_a_lost_or_stolen_irish_passport.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

going on honeymoon mid september and passport runs out end of august. want to get it renewed now while have the time but do i have to hand back my old passport with the application? or can i hang onto it in case i have to travel in the meantime and its not expired just yet?

As long as the passport is valid and not damaged, it should be accepted. A few pages of it having scribble on don't affect it's validity. So long as there is enough space for visas / endorsements - it's perfectly fine.

this sounds good. thanks man

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Recently renovated the house and I believe I threw out my passport in amongst bags ect.

I have torn the house apart looking for it. So I need to apply for a new one as I am going away on holidays on the 23rd of July 2012 at 6am.

Can anyone advise me if I can apply for a new one by passport express or would I be better served to call into the passport office with the relevant documentation.

Apparently if you lose your passport now you need to supply extra information like proof of address, addition photo ID, a payslip ect to prevent fraud and identity theft.

Can anyone help me please? I have been trying to ring the passport office the last week but it keeps saying due to the large amount of calls I need to try again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Recently renovated the house and I believe I threw out my passport in amongst bags ect.

I have torn the house apart looking for it. So I need to apply for a new one as I am going away on holidays on the 23rd of July 2012 at 6am.

Can anyone advise me if I can apply for a new one by passport express or would I be better served to call into the passport office with the relevant documentation.

Apparently if you lose your passport now you need to supply extra information like proof of address, addition photo ID, a payslip ect to prevent fraud and identity theft.

Can anyone help me please? I have been trying to ring the passport office the last week but it keeps saying due to the large amount of calls I need to try again later.

Is a PPSN absolutely necessary to get a passport?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,847 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

ME: "And on the boat, Irish or British dont need ID at all."
    again, no they dont

"British or Irish citizens travelling on our Irish Sea routes do not need a passport to travel to Britain or Ireland but are advised to take a form of identity."

Not compulsorary, only advisable.

Useful to know for those whose passport has expired and are otherwise ID-less and want to travel to the UK (taking the risk that the UK border police will accept the fact you are irish without any material proof or not bother checking)

EDIT: its very relevant to this thread as the most travel from Ireland abroad is to the UK, so the posters on this thread in a last minute panic in getting a passport might be aided if people know it isn't necessary in all cases. The misconception that you cannot leave Ireland without a passport is false !

Is a PPSN absolutely necessary to get a passport?

For adults living in Ireland, yes. Its an extra form of fraud prevention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

And children..................

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭DEVOTION

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice please.

I miscalculated when sending a Passport Express application off for renewal of a passport. The Issue Date on the website tracker states 05/07/2012 but travel date is 04/07/2012. Is there any way of getting a Passport Express application expedited or is there nothing that can be done once the process is under way? I know it could possibly arrive before then but I'd rather not take the risk.

DEVOTION wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking for some advice please.

I miscalculated when sending a Passport Express application off for renewal of a passport. The Issue Date on the website tracker states 05/07/2012 but travel date is 04/07/2012. Is there any way of getting a Passport Express application expedited or is there nothing that can be done once the process is under way? I know it could possibly arrive before then but I'd rather not take the risk.

I picked mine up the day before it was due to arrive because I was leaving that day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭DEVOTION

I picked mine up the day before it was due to arrive because I was leaving that day.

Thank you. Was there a charge for doing so?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

But yours was issued though. DEVOTION's passport isn't to issue until after his intended date of travel.

DEVOTION - call the passport office who's dealing with your application and ask if you can pay the emergency fee retrospectively, have them intercept your application and upgrade the service accordingly. I don't know if this can be done, but it's worth a try.

And children..................

Not always possible to get one for children so it can be let go. ie.Newborns

I knows quite a few adults who never had PPSNs my mother being one of those.

I knows quite a few adults who never had PPSNs my mother being one of those.

Really, I thought everyone had them.

Nope. Stay at home wives never needed them until recently. They were allowed to use their husbands number instead.

Nope. Stay at home wives never needed them until recently. They were allowed to use their husbands number instead.

I'm pretty sure theres have W on the end, making it a unique number, so it can be used for passports

Those numbers are no longer valid anyways. A new number had to be obtained if the wife wanted to claim SW etc.

I'd heard that, think the PPO are still accepting them though.

• Advertisement

DEVOTION wrote: »
    Thank you. Was there a charge for doing so?

The date on the passport is the date I collected it so I assume so. There was a strike on at the time so I had to get a politician to speed things up. They said it could cause problems at the airport because of the issue date but no one noticed.

There was no extra charge although I may have paid more than the standard fee when I applied can't remember how much I paid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement