Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Drake66

Hi I was wondering if anybody knows about the requirements for someone to collect your passport for you? I can't make it in to collect it. What would the person collecting it need to bring in with them? Would photo ID and the passport receipt suffice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Drake66 wrote: »
    Hi I was wondering if anybody knows about the requirements for someone to collect your passport for you? I can't make it in to collect it. What would the person collecting it need to bring in with them? Would photo ID and the passport receipt suffice?

Written permission ( signature can be checked from the form ) and ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Written permission ( signature can be checked from the form ) and ID.

+1 on this. You also need to name the person on the written permission. There's no need for them to be related.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DARKO74

Hello, I have flights booked early on tuesday to fly to berlin for two nights for a pearl jam concert. I only realised tonight that my passports out of date since april. Is there any hope of getting one in time to fly? Tomorrows saturday, so I dont know what to do. Thanks in advance for any info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

DARKO74 wrote: »
    Hello, I have flights booked early on tuesday to fly to berlin for two nights for a pearl jam concert. I only realised tonight that my passports out of date since april. Is there any hope of getting one in time to fly? Tomorrows saturday, so I dont know what to do. Thanks in advance for any info

Quite simply, no.

• Advertisement

Improbable wrote: »

Quite simply, no.
    Ok thanks :(

Quite simply, no.
    Not so simply but yes. I got an emergency passport today. im now 190 euros less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Just to clarify on this. The duty officer service is for out of hours only. They also only process Adult renewals. No childrens passports or lost/stolen passports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I has a question for those in the know.

Mum and Dad want new passports and their old ones were destroyed in a fire some 5 or 6 years ago and they have not bothered about getting replacements until now. Both passports are now long expired. I have read on the form that they need additional ID etc. This is not a problem for Dad as everything is in his name, he has a driving licence etc. But Mum has nothing, she doesn't drive, none of the bills are in her name, she doesn't get social welfare. All she has is her birth and marriage certs.

Will it be OK as they will send off both applications together?

Thanks for your advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭another native

If your father contacts the utility bill company (ESB etc) it's possible to have your mother's name included too. Very handy for ID requirements!

• Advertisement

If your father contacts the utility bill company (ESB etc) it's possible to have your mother's name included too. Very handy for ID requirements!
    Dad won't do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

Not so simply but yes. I got an emergency passport today. im now 190 euros less.

Huh, how'd you manage that? I've had a similiar situation in the past and was told there was no way to get it done...

Huh, how'd you manage that? I've had a similiar situation in the past and was told there was no way to get it done...

There is a duty officer that works out of hours in Iveagh House, Dublin 2. They issue Temporary Passports to Adults Only and do not issue to people with lost passports. Expired passports only.

The contact number is +353 1 478 0822

I has a question for those in the know.

Mum and Dad want new passports and their old ones were destroyed in a fire some 5 or 6 years ago and they have not bothered about getting replacements until now. Both passports are now long expired. I have read on the form that they need additional ID etc. This is not a problem for Dad as everything is in his name, he has a driving licence etc. But Mum has nothing, she doesn't drive, none of the bills are in her name, she doesn't get social welfare. All she has is her birth and marriage certs.

Will it be OK as they will send off both applications together?

Thanks for your advice.

In place of photo ID, your mother could get an ML10 from the garda station. They basically attach a photo to the form and say that this person is who they say they are. I'm not sure about the proofs of address though. Does she have a bank account? A statement from them would suffice as proof of address.

Does she have a bank account?
    Nope. She literally has nothing. She is the typical "bean isteach".

I was wondering would the PO accept as it is a married couple applying that it would be accepted?

Nope. She literally has nothing. She is the typical "bean isteach".

I was wondering would the PO accept as it is a married couple applying that it would be accepted?

I really don't know to be honest, this has me a bit stumped. Sorry I can't be of more help. Your best bet is customer care, they'll be best to advise.

Simply rang them up and told them I was traveling on tuesday and my
    passport was out if date. Lady told me what I needed to bring in. Went into town, paid 190 e and in half hour I had a temporary passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Emerald1

I've tried numerous times to get in contact with the Passport Office and I can't get through to an operator. I keep getting a message telling me there are numerous callers in the line and that I need to try again later.

I lost my passport Friday and need to report the loss immediately. I don't live in Dublin so I can't go directly to the passport office and report the loss in person. I'm getting worried because I know it's a valuable document and it needs to be cancelled straight away.

I don't know what to do, can anyone offer any advice? I'm afraid that someone could have picked up the passport and may try to alter it or steal my identity. I know that's a worst case scenario but you never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Report it to the Garda first and then email the passport office.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

There is an office in Cork as well as Dublin, have you tried that one? You can also email them.

http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=401

Report it to the Guards. You'll have to go in there anyway to the the new application form and photos signed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Emerald1

I sent them an email and got a prompt reply, they said they'd record it as lost on Interpol. I also went to the Garda station.

Thanks for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 reenak

I am married woman, I do not have marriage certificate, what I do to get passport?

reenak wrote: »
    I am married woman, I do not have marriage certificate, what I do to get passport?

If you want to use your married name you need your marriage cert, if youre sticking with your maiden name you dont need it. If you were married in Ireland, you can get a copy of your marriage cert at Joyce House on Lombard Street, Dublin 2 or online on the HSE website.

mmcn90 wrote: »
    If you want to use your married name you need your marriage cert, if youre sticking with your maiden name you dont need it. If you were married in Ireland, you can get a copy of your marriage cert at Joyce House on Lombard Street, Dublin 2 or online on the HSE website.

You shouldn't use your maiden name after is has changed. We bought flight tickets in my mother in law's maiden name after a divorce. We were told that she could not fly on a document in her old surname. Quite a serious offence.

I should have clarified, I meant if you are married but never changed your name.

mmcn90 wrote: »
    I should have clarified, I meant if you are married but never changed your name.

Ah spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭MarkK

I sent my passport application to the Embassy in London on 19 of June (as I live in Manchester)

It appeared on the passport tracker web page on 21 June with
    "Received on 21/06/2012 and has been registered.
    Issue Date: 03/07/2012
    "
    It's 04/07/2012 today and the status is still the same so I presume there is a backlog.

Anyone got any idea how long the backlog is at the moment?

Thanks

MarkK wrote: »
    I sent my passport application to the Embassy in London on 19 of June (as I live in Manchester)

"
    It's 04/07/2012 today and the status is still the same so I presume there is a backlog.

Thanks

Embassy passport applications are different to applications submitted in Ireland. For more info you're best to contact the embassy in London, they'll be best to advise you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 davey75

MarkK wrote: »

"

Thanks

I am in a similar position. Rang passport dept at embassy today and they said that they are moving up those applicants who are contacting them because they are travelling soon.

Get in touch with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

Ok need some help,

Heading to Ibiza in the morn 6th July and back 13th, checked my passport there now and it is outta date on the 18th.

However im heading to Budapest on the 19th so I obviously have to get an in date passport for that trip.

My plan is to get my sister to drop in everything into the passport office tomorrow morning for me, just wondering should I have it in time and will my return trip from Ibiza be affected while the new passport is processing next week ?

Also what will they need in the passport office ? Application form and Photos and a copy of my current passport ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement