Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

Hi all, I'm flying out for the weekend tomoro morning, and a buddy of mine who booked the flights just emailed me on my boarding pass. Now I just noticed that when he booked the flight he left out my first name, and used my middle name. So my passport reads "John Daniel Murphy" and my boarding pass reads "Daniel Murphy".

Panicking slightly, Is this going to scupper my holiday??

Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭tobottherobot

Not a bother, relax!

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

Thanks a million to both of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭screamer

Applying for passport for baby, can I leave out their middle name from the application even though it's on their birth cert
    for example birthcert has Joe(firstname) Patrick (middlename) Bloggs (Surname)
    can I just ask for the passport to be issued to Joe Bloggs or would it have to be Joe Patrick Bloggs

Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

screamer wrote: »
    Applying for passport for baby, can I leave out their middle name from the application even though it's on their birth cert
    for example birthcert has Joe(firstname) Patrick (middlename) Bloggs (Surname)
    can I just ask for the passport to be issued to Joe Bloggs or would it have to be Joe Patrick Bloggs

Thanks for your help.

Yes you can, but if you want to add it back on at any stage, you will need to provide two years proof of usage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Flying with Ryanair so its unlikely unless I look for inflatable ones. I wonder are they valid.

Just to update - flew to Gatwick with Ryanair and we brought a small fold-up buggy. Service was great. They took the buggy just before we got on the plane out on the runway. buggy was given back on the runway in Gatwick. Same procedure coming back home. Very smooth. Decided against renting a car in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Avis in Stansted is an on foot journey from the terminal, so no need to wait for the shuttle bus.

Going to book a car shortly for another trip on my own this time. Avis look like they get shocking reviews on Google, all 1 star. Terrible customer service. can anyone say anything good about them in Stansted?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Going to book a car shortly for another trip on my own this time. Avis look like they get shocking reviews on Google, all 1 star. Terrible customer service. can anyone say anything good about them in Stansted?

I only ever returned a car to Avis in Stansted, but like all reviews on the internet, you have to take them with a pinch of salt.

if 1000 people rent off them in 1 month, and 10 people had a bad experience, chances are they'll all write a negative review. if 990 people had a normal experience, chances are they won't go online to write a good review! so the stats can be heavily skewed!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭blueballfc

Hi.

I have applied to renew my passport. I am told on the passport tracking that the issue date is the 21feb17, I travel on the 17feb17 last minute work trip. I asked the passport office if I can collect the new passport on the 16feb17 but they told me because it was done through passport express it has to be posted out.

Does anyone know if it will be posted out earlier or any way to move this along perhaps go to office?

• Advertisement

blueballfc wrote: »
    Hi.

I have applied to renew my passport. I am told on the passport tracking that the issue date is the 21feb17, I travel on the 17feb17 last minute work trip. I asked the passport office if I can collect the new passport on the 16feb17 but they told me because it was done through passport express it has to be posted out.

Does anyone know if it will be posted out earlier or any way to move this along perhaps go to office?

Due to the large number of applications currently in the system there is 0% chance of it being issued early. Going to the office won't assist

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭blueballfc

cdsb46 wrote: »
    Due to the large number of applications currently in the system there is 0% chance of it being issued early. Going to the office won't assist

thank you so have I any options here, can I get my current passport back from the systems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Does anyone know are they being issued on time?

Based on the system date I should have it the day before I travel so while I don't need mine early, I do need it to be done when it says.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭Gatica

ash23 wrote: »
    Does anyone know are they being issued on time?

Based on the system date I should have it the day before I travel so while I don't need mine early, I do need it to be done when it says.

Dunno, but we've a passport marked as issued on the 10th but we've still not got it

Gatica wrote: »
    Dunno, but we've a passport marked as issued on the 10th but we've still not got it

:eek::eek:

That's awful service. I was told there was next day delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭firemansam4

This has probably been asked many times before but can anyone tell me if a Marriage certificate would suffice to change the sir name to a married name when applying to renew a passport?

Is it marked as dispatched or just target issue date of the 10th?

Is it marked as dispatched or just target issue date of the 10th?

Think might be target issue date. Not much point having a target in the past though. Messaged them on Twitter and got a reply quick enough, so would recommend that way of contacting them.

I messaged them on Twitter yesterday 3pm, no reply as of yet.

I was waiting on the webchat for over three hours, finally got to number 2 around 1.30pm yesterday, then was waiting at 2 for a half hour, went to #1 and suddenly was #23 again.
    Got to #17 quickly but then it came up that no agent was available and would I like to leave an offline message. So I did but then webchat was up again and I was back to #17. Sat at #17 for another hour before I gave up.

Tried calling but they aren't taking calls. Tried emailing last week but still no response.

It's a bit crazy. I just need to know if they are hitting their target dates. If not, fine, I'll book a flight with Aer Lingus or take the ferry but the longer it takes me to find out, the more it's going to cost me as the flights are increasing by the day. It's a simple question requiring only a yes/no answer but impossible to get an answer. Are you currently meeting target times? Yes or No?
    Tracker is telling me my application is being processed since Monday.

Think might be target issue date. Not much point having a target in the past though. Messaged them on Twitter and got a reply quick enough, so would recommend that way of contacting them.

Got forms back today, the Garda didn't put form number on back of the photos :-( :'( or maybe I was supposed to. I looked but saw stuff scribbled on them and assumed that was all, didn't check. Agh.. now another 3 weeks to waste! So upset.
    Waiting on baby's passport to apply for visas.
    They also didn't return the photos, so gotta get more done now! Good luck with a wriggling baby!

• Advertisement

I messaged them on Twitter yesterday 3pm, no reply as of yet.

I was waiting on the webchat for over three hours, finally got to number 2 around 1.30pm yesterday, then was waiting at 2 for a half hour, went to #1 and suddenly was #23 again.
    Got to #17 quickly but then it came up that no agent was available and would I like to leave an offline message. So I did but then webchat was up again and I was back to #17. Sat at #17 for another hour before I gave up.

Tried calling but they aren't taking calls. Tried emailing last week but still no response.

It's a bit crazy. I just need to know if they are hitting their target dates. If not, fine, I'll book a flight with Aer Lingus or take the ferry but the longer it takes me to find out, the more it's going to cost me as the flights are increasing by the day. It's a simple question requiring only a yes/no answer but impossible to get an answer. Are you currently meeting target times? Yes or No?
    Tracker is telling me my application is being processed since Monday.

That's frustrating! Did you send a private message on Twitter? Maybe I just got lucky.
    I don't really use Twitter so wasn't sure I'd done it right but got a reply same day.

That's frustrating! Did you send a private message on Twitter? Maybe I just got lucky.
    I don't really use Twitter so wasn't sure I'd done it right but got a reply same day.

Yes I did. Hopefully I get some sort of update today - the Aer lingus flights have already increased from 100e to 160e so I don't want to wait much longer before I book. But equally I don't want to pay 160e and then get my passport the morning before the flight I've already booked.

Did the passport tracker tell you the passport was being returned?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,203 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Yes I did. Hopefully I get some sort of update today - the Aer lingus flights have already increased from 100e to 160e so I don't want to wait much longer before I book. But equally I don't want to pay 160e and then get my passport the morning before the flight I've already booked.

Did the passport tracker tell you the passport was being returned?

It's a pity that you cannot get a Passport Card entirely independently of the full passport. I applied online (not on app) last Friday, issued Monday and received in post before 8am Tuesday.

Yes, it would be handy and I did look at getting one but no point when my passport was expiring.
    I suppose it's so quick because they don't have to do the same checks as for a passport. Although nothing happened with my application from when it was rec'd 30 Jan until Monday 13th Feb and there's been no progress since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

So - sent in my passport express renewal on 7th feb.

Today 16th feb I went to track it to see the barcode number (11 digit Application Barcode on receipt) is not in their DB.

Tried ringing "we are unable to accept phone calls"

Went to the PO - PO cannot track them, they just said that if the passport office had not received the passport on the 8th feb they would have called the PO asking about it the next day after scanning the barcode as point of sale.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 flipsky

dolallyoh wrote: »
    So - sent in my passport express renewal on 7th feb.

Today 16th feb I went to track it to see the barcode number (11 digit Application Barcode on receipt) is not in their DB.

Tried ringing "we are unable to accept phone calls"

Went to the PO - PO cannot track them, they just said that if the passport office had not received the passport on the 8th feb they would have called the PO asking about it the next day after scanning the barcode as point of sale.

Not impressed tbh.

Exact same for me so guess the tracking is down for recent applications. Used Passport Express on 7th, checked passport tracking yesterday and response was 'The application number entered does not exist in our database'.

Messaged them on Twitter and they replied a few hours later saying "Hi there. I can confirm that it is on our system, but there appears to be a problem with the tracker which IT is looking into". Still no sign of it showing up on their system today.

There's also an An Post tracking number on the receipt that will tell you if it has been delivered to passport office. Listed as Item No. : PX0x0xxxxxxIE and can be tracked track.anpost.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

Brilliant - thanks for that reassuring info flipsky !! Yes shows as delivered.

Your info should be in post #1 !

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Malee

Here is a link to the current turnaround times. Think this is updated every week.
    https://www.dfa.ie/passporttracking/turnaroundtimes/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Two questions...

Do 65 year olds and over still have to pay for a passport? Haven't had one in 10 years and now fall into that category.

If I send them my old passport for cancellation, will it be returned to me? I'd hate to lose the record of some of the visas. One in particular while trying to get into Senegal through the sh1t hole that is Rosso. The stress shows well on the photo of the biometric visa :)

• Advertisement

Two questions...

Do 65 year olds and over still have to pay for a passport? Haven't had one in 10 years and now fall into that category.

If I send them my old passport for cancellation, will it be returned to me? I'd hate to lose the record of some of the visas. One in particular while trying to get into Senegal through the sh1t hole that is Rosso. The stress shows well on the photo of the biometric visa :)

65 year olds no longer get the free passport, was removed in 2010, they always return your cancelled passport as long as it is not damaged

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement