Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

This post has been deleted.

The application form states what you need to do, a washed passport is considered a damaged passport. If will only be restricted if you have a bad passport history

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

And does applying for a new passport void any passport card that I have?

Your passport card will still be valid, till it's expiry date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Checked in this evening for a flight tomorrow morning. Noticed my passport page has cracked quite bad on the top right. Haven't a clue what happened it. Anybody ever have a similar problem, and what is the likelihood of it being accepted / rejected? I'm flying within Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Wasn't a problem.....

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭d4b

Hey guys,
    We fly to Dubai on 17 Jan. Hubby just realised his passport is out 4 June and it states on our booking that passports must be valid for six months from date of entry, if we do the passport express now do you think we will have it back before that?
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭Gatica

Where and how do I get photo done for baby's first passport?
    I'm also wondering if they've changed the law and if baby born in Ireland automatically gets Irish citizenship or do we need to provide parents passport for proof of entitlement to citizenship?

Gatica wrote: »
    I'm also wondering if they've changed the law and if baby born in Ireland automatically gets Irish citizenship or do we need to provide parents passport for proof of entitlement to citizenship?

Most pharmacies will do the photos for you. Law was changed in 2005, yes you will need to provide proof of entitlement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Babies born on the island of Ireland (Northern Ireland AND Republic of Ireland) on or after 1st Jan 2005 are no longer automatically entitled to Irish citizenship, so you must present proof of your child's entitlement to Irish citizenship.

If either parent was an Irish citizen at the time of the child's birth, than they would have to provide proof of that citizenship on that date (e.g. Irish passport, Naturalisation cert, etc)

This wizard will break down what documents you need to supply based on your circumstances:

https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/how-to-apply-for-a-passport/

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Marko10

Hey guys,
    I applied for a new passport from abroad a few days ago.My current one is valid for another few months.Can anyone tell me when exactly my current one would be cancelled?I may have to travel before I receive my new one.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

First time applications for minors required documents:

- Civil birth certificate (version that includes parent(s) name(s))
    - Appropriate witnessed consent of no fewer than two guardians

What is the consent form and where do I get it witnessed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

soirish wrote: »
    First time applications for minors required documents:

- Civil birth certificate (version that includes parent(s) name(s))
    - Appropriate witnessed consent of no fewer than two guardians

What is the consent form and where do I get it witnessed?

Consent form is part of the application form (section 7, I think)

There's a list of witnesses on the application form in the black box above Section 7 listing whom can witness that section.

I think there's a wider list of witnesses if you are based in the UK and/or Northern Ireland.

The following wizard should give you all the info you need:

https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/how-to-apply-for-a-passport/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Hey guys,

Target issue date for a renewed passport is 24/01/17.
    If I've a flight for 21/01/17 (not UK), is there any workaround known?
    Supposedly once an application has been received there's no way to fast track it.

On hold waiting to get in touch with the DFA...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Hey guys,

Target issue date for a renewed passport is 24/01/17.
    If I've a flight for 21/01/17 (not UK), is there any workaround known?
    Supposedly once an application has been received there's no way to fast track it.

On hold waiting to get in touch with the DFA...

If you can provide proof of travel they will usually try to expedite.

you could have made an appointment but not sure if you have applied in other process already

If flight is in EU, you could apply for Passport card, got mine in a week.
    However, if your existing Passport is expired you can't get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Riskymove wrote: »
    If you can provide proof of travel they will usually try to expedite.

you could have made an appointment but not sure if you have applied in other process already

If flight is in EU, you could apply for Passport card, got mine in a week.
    However, if your existing Passport is expired you can't get one.

Cheers.

Yeah, think I snookered myself for an appointment by already applying.

And the existing one expires just before my travel date, so not too much luck there.

They've "added a note" to my application. One can hope.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Cheers.

Yeah, think I snookered myself for an appointment by already applying.

And the existing one expires just before my travel date, so not too much luck there.

They've "added a note" to my application. One can hope.

They are usually pretty good, in fairness, and it's a renewal, not a first application. I'd say they'll get it to you in time, or at a minimum have it ready for you to pick up in time for your trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭tandcapply

Hi,
    Renewing a Dublin born Irish child's Passport (First passport issued after 2005), do I need to send my own passport and/or birth cert with the AFPS1 application?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Technique

Easyjet terms and conditions state that for UK domestic flights acceptable Photo ID includes passports which have expired within the last 5 years.

Has anyone tried travelling like this with an expired Irish passport? The website doesn't specify a UK passport.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Technique

Is it a UK domestic flight?

Yes, from Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Technique wrote: »
    Yes, from Belfast.

Easyjet only need ID to ensure you are who you say you are so are happy that you are recognisable as you up to 5 years ago in a photo ID

As its an internal UK flight, immigration isn't an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 37 happinessfr

spurious wrote: »
    They are usually pretty good, in fairness, and it's a renewal, not a first application. I'd say they'll get it to you in time, or at a minimum have it ready for you to pick up in time for your trip.

Same situation here. Need to fly out this weekend and they said they added a note to my application...the expect target date is next Wednesday..

They said you can't pick it up and only by postal service?? otherwise i can save 2 days on the posting day and still can make it by Friday.

Anyone have the same issue recently?

For an infant passport, do I need to give proof of address for myself?
    And can I send in my passport card instead of full passport?

tandcapply wrote: »
    Hi,
    Renewing a Dublin born Irish child's Passport (First passport issued after 2005), do I need to send my own passport and/or birth cert with the AFPS1 application?

Sorry, can someone please help with the above?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

tandcapply wrote: »
    Sorry, can someone please help with the above?

Two things amaze me about these type of queries.

One is why parents think they have to submit their passports.

And secondly these queries are answered on the relevant website:

https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/top-passport-questions/documentary-requirements-passport-applications/

SHOVELLER wrote: »

https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/top-passport-questions/documentary-requirements-passport-applications/

Thanking you.
    "Full civil birth cert should be included in all minor renewals to verify and compare the registered details of the child’s parent/guardians with the consent section of the application form."

SHOVELLER wrote: »

For first time applications this is not very clear. The form instructions don't list everything..
    I'd to check their site to see that needed proof one of the parents had citizenship for child born after 2005 to get passport.

• Advertisement

For first time applications this is not very clear. The form instructions don't list everything..
    I'd to check their site to see that needed proof one of the parents had citizenship for child born after 2005 to get passport.

There is a good list of doc's required here https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/top-passport-questions/documentary-requirements-passport-applications/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement