Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Have my birth certificate here. Also I could use my medical card.

Is it OK to simply write lost when moving home November 2014?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

A solicitor is OK up here in the North thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

damianmcr wrote: »
    Hi applying for a passport soon as I lost mine in a recent home move. Is it as simple as writing this in section 6 or would they expect more?

I will send of my drivers licence for photo identification, bank statement for address confirmation but you also need something which uses your name which cant be the above two. My wage slips on show my initial and surname. Would this suffice or would they refuse on this basis?

Thanks

Should be OK once it shows your full name, not initials. The more bank statements, official correspondence, utility bills, etc, you can provide, the less likely they are to request more proof.

Make sure you get the Gardaí to sign and stamp section 6 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Hi all, apologies in advance if anything I'm about to ask has been answered numerous times I looked through some posts and didn't see anything that was close to what I wanted to know (Also bad dose of the flu so can barely think straight)

My passport expired in 2011, need one for trip in September and was wondering if because I have the expired one does that remove the need for documentation such as birth cert etc?

Now for the more convoluted part, I live in Derry (From Dublin though) and want to get the passport posted out to my folks house as of the last five things posted to me from Dublin, two never reached me.

If I do need documentation the only address proof I could provide would be a bank statement, haven't lived there for years so would have nothing else what could I do?

Thanks in advance folks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Malee

GAAman wrote: »
    Hi all, apologies in advance if anything I'm about to ask has been answered numerous times I looked through some posts and didn't see anything that was close to what I wanted to know (Also bad dose of the flu so can barely think straight)

My passport expired in 2011, need one for trip in September and was wondering if because I have the expired one does that remove the need for documentation such as birth cert etc?

Now for the more convoluted part, I live in Derry (From Dublin though) and want to get the passport posted out to my folks house as of the last five things posted to me from Dublin, two never reached me.

If I do need documentation the only address proof I could provide would be a bank statement, haven't lived there for years so would have nothing else what could I do?

Thanks in advance folks!

When you submit your most recent passport this will simply be renewed.
    Also you don't need any documents proving your address as it is a renewal application. Only check that if you use a NI address that you use an application form APS2, have it signed by a witness in the North and post it from a Post Office from the North using NIPX.
    If you use a Southern address theb complete the APS1 form, have it signe by a garda and post it from a Southern Post Office using Passport Express. Can't go wrong then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Very grateful Malee, thanks :)

Hi going to the Post Office today to use the Passport Express service. I will be leaving in both my own form along with my girlfriend's. Im just double checking first. Both forms are completed with photos also stamped. Both include long birth certificate and driving licence. Supporting evidence with mine is a bank statement and medical card and with hers is car insurance and a letter from a finance company who she took a car loan out on.

I'm worried these may possibly not satisfy the requirements. The notes state proof of residency like a utility bill. Will one of them suffice? We don't get any bills at all anymore.

Do all our documents seem OK? I don't travel for 5 weeks for I can panic a little in these situations.

One more thing my girlfriend has a middle name which is she had asked to be on the passport. Its on her birth certificate and drivers licence but on one of the letters it only has an initial in place of the middle name and the other only had forename and surname. Is a letter needed that shows full christian name?

See if you knew me you wouldn't think I'd be worried. Its the thought of missing a holiday lol. I'll drop them in over lunch. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 jonaldinho

Hi, im not sure if this has been answered on previous posts but i havent seen it and need somewhat of an answer urgently enough. Im booked to travel on May 10th (a suprise trip after exams) however i have lost my passport on a night out recently. Now i need the passport in such a short time im wondering is there any way i can get it in a few days down in Cork? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reply. what paperwork is exactly needed?

Thanks very much Fred Swanson. Appreciate the replies.

By the way does this cost the same or is there an extra cost involved due to getting it quicker?

Forms sent off. Fingers crossed.

Will likely be checking online from tomorrow!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'm just back from the gardai station and I just noticed the person I was dealing with got ink on the pictures she signed/stamped. Am I ****ed now? Do I have to repeat this **** over again?

The pictures that I've signed, which presumably are the ones to be used on the passport, are fine.

Please tell me I'm good to go???

edit: Okay, I got creative and used some cotton buds and mouthwash and got rid of marks pretty much completely. Fingers crossed!!

Why did you sign pictures? Pleas dont tell me I had to do that!?

• Advertisement

damianmcr wrote: »
    Why did you sign pictures? Pleas dont tell me I had to do that!?
    Actually, looks like they don't need to be signed. Only 2 have to be signed/stamped by Gardai.

Not sure what made me think I had to sign the other two? Almost certain I read it somewhere. Hopefully they don't reject mine because of that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Actually, looks like they don't need to be signed. Only 2 have to be signed/stamped by Gardai.

Not sure what made me think I had to sign the other two? Almost certain I read it somewhere. Hopefully they don't reject mine because of that!!

No need to sign photos. Is there ink all over your photos or is the one usable photo?

No need to sign photos. Is there ink all over your photos or is the one usable photo?
    There was ink on only 2 of them, but I've managed to clean it off. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

There was ink on only 2 of them, but I've managed to clean it off. :)

You'll be grand with 2 :) sometimes the ink wipes off, other times it doesn't. They ask for 4 in case stuff like this happens. The gardaí are always destroying photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,172 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Definitely worthwhile, would love to see bargains posted. Looking for a cheap package deal for a family of four for any time this summer and not seeing much on-line. Find most of the "last minute deals" you get when you google the term to be anything but good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 maithancailin

My kids were on my passport as babies. My passport has expired so I'm now applying for 3 passports, do I just need the long form birth certs for the kids, also do i submit my own birth cert to renew my own passport, I cant see the answer to these queries on the forms I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

My kids were on my passport as babies. My passport has expired so I'm now applying for 3 passports, do I just need the long form birth certs for the kids, also do i submit my own birth cert to renew my own passport, I cant see the answer to these queries on the forms I have.

If they were born before 1st Jan 2005, just their birth certs are required. If they were born after 1st Jan 2005, things are a bit more complicated and it will depend on how and when you became an Irish citizen and/or whether or not you had permanent residence in the island of Ireland at the time of their births.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 maithancailin

fxotoole wrote: »
    If they were born before 1st Jan 2005, just their birth certs are required. If they were born after 1st Jan 2005, things are a bit more complicated and it will depend on how and when you became an Irish citizen and/or whether or not you had permanent residence in the island of Ireland at the time of their births.

thanks for that they are both pre 2005 !

Forms received in Dublin today. The target date is the 19/05/15. Fingers crossed. Any of you boys working there bump them up the queue lol?

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement