Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Stamping photos is ludicrous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    Stamping photos is ludicrous

It's for security purposes. The guards have to certify that the person that presented themselves at the station is the same person applying for the passport. That's why the back of the photos need the stamp, form number and the garda's signature. Passport fraud is more common than people think.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 sparky32

Hi all, apologies if this has been asked already on this thread. I sent 2 passport applications off on the 19th of April (passport express) just checked online and it shows that the target issue date is May 13th which happens to be the day before we leave. Is that date usually correct? Can I go to collect them in dublin before that date just to make sure I have them? I've been trying to ring the passport office but can't get through. Thanks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 sparky32

Hi all, apologies if this has been asked already on this thread. I sent 2 passport applications off on the 19th of April (passport express) just checked online and it shows that the target issue date is May 13th which happens to be the day before we leave. Is that date usually correct? Can I go to collect them in dublin before that date just to make sure I have them? I've been trying to ring the passport office but can't get through. Thanks ;)

sparky32 wrote: »

Keep trying and tell them you want to collect. Send in your proof of travel and they might move it along for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

I'm hoping they are issued before my target date just yo have them. From reading online renewals are at 10 days. I would contact them on Twitter. They seem to be very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

sparky32 wrote: »

Tweet @passportirl or email your proof of travel to the email address on the back of the application form guidance notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

My application is still at stage 2 since 10 working days.I travel in 3 weeks hope all is fine :(

My application is still at stage 2 since 10 working days.I travel in 3 weeks hope all is fine :(

That's not unusual. Your application goes through the remaining stages pretty quickly once it's approved.

If you're travelling in 3 weeks you should still have plenty of time. When did you apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

It's for security purposes. The guards have to certify that the person that presented themselves at the station is the same person applying for the passport. That's why the back of the photos need the stamp, form number and the garda's signature. Passport fraud is more common than people think.

Yeah I know all that but sometimes the ink stains all the photos. The signature should suffice.

• Advertisement

fxotoole wrote: »
    That's not unusual. Your application goes through the remaining stages pretty quickly once it's approved.

If you're travelling in 3 weeks you should still have plenty of time. When did you apply?

They received my documents on 15th april.Target date is 8th may

Edit 5min ago status changed to stage 3 :D

They received my documents on 15th april.Target date is 8th may

Edit 5min ago status changed to stage 3 :D

It can go from stage 1 to approved in a day. You'll be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Alt J

Still no news on the passport cards online, due out in two months, any reckon they will be delayed etc ?

Alt J wrote: »
    Still no news on the passport cards online, due out in two months, any reckon they will be delayed etc ?

Still on course for a July launch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭etymon

Berberis wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies folks.
    Think I will give it go in a couple of days time if I don't see any better deals around.
    If I do book it, I will fill in my full address and put Ireland in the box for county and then use the BT11AA as the postcode.
    I will try the same when entering my credit card details and hopefull the post code on the end will not effect the payment going through. Also rather than just paying a deposit and then the final payment closer to the departure date, I think I will just pay the full amount in one go and therefore not having to complete payment forms twice and run the chance of something being flagged

Did this work in the end Berberis? Just did the same but only paid deposit. No confirmation email only confirmation screen so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭VisibleGorilla

How reliable are the times given on the passport website? They are saying it is currently 10 working days. I need a passport renewal before 29th May, if I get it in the 15th would that be enough time?

How reliable are the times given on the passport website? They are saying it is currently 10 working days. I need a passport renewal before 29th May, if I get it in the 15th would that be enough time?

May is the worst time of year to apply for a passport so I wouldn't take the chance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That's cutting it close, I submitted mine on 29/04, and have a target date of 20/05.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DalzeaDeann

Hi all, just looking for some advice. I applied for my first passport on the 13th of April, up till today it was saying it was at state 3 processing. Now it says that it cannot be processed and has been rejected. They are sending a letter out with an explanation.

Thing is (you knew it was coming right?) I am due to travel to Denmark on the 9th of May. Everything is book and paid. Honestly thought I had left enough time but seems not.

Could anyone tell me if it is possible to still get my passport issued in the time frame? Unfortunately the passport office was closed when I rang it so I am stuck till Tuesday. I am hearing conflicting information about getting a rush 1st passport so I was hoping someone could help me.

Hi all, just looking for some advice. I applied for my first passport on the 13th of April, up till today it was saying it was at state 3 processing. Now it says that it cannot be processed and has been rejected. They are sending a letter out with an explanation.

Thing is (you knew it was coming right?) I am due to travel to Denmark on the 9th of May. Everything is book and paid. Honestly thought I had left enough time but seems not.

Could anyone tell me if it is possible to still get my passport issued in the time frame? Unfortunately the passport office was closed when I rang it so I am stuck till Tuesday. I am hearing conflicting information about getting a rush 1st passport so I was hoping someone could help me.

You should be getting a letter in the post detailing what is wrong / outstanding.

Send back in whatever they are looking for asap. Preferably, book an appointment on www.passportappointments.ie and lodge the outstanding docs as a return application.

• Advertisement

fxotoole wrote: »
    You should be getting a letter in the post detailing what is wrong / outstanding.

Send back in whatever they are looking for asap. Preferably, book an appointment on www.passportappointments.ie and lodge the outstanding docs as a return application.

Just want to point out that appointments are for people who dont already have applications in the system.

Call the person who sent you the letter and explain the situation, it should be no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

Hiya, this is a bit of a redundant question but hopefully someone can put my mind at ease. I sent in my passport app. via express post on Monday just gone. I'm applying for a renewal as mine expires mid 2016 and I will be moving to Australia this summer for a Working Holiday - what I included in the application was my current passport, birth cert, a payslip, proof of address from a letter from Irish Blood Transfusion and a scanned picture of my Garda Age Card. Should I have sent in the actual card or am I being very silly? And I usually wear glasses & my passport photos as well as my current passport show me wearing my glasses but in my age card I'm not wearing them & look a little different as a result. I'm sorry if this is me being melodramatic and fearing the worst - I just don't want a rejected application as I need to apply for my visa soon! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I renewing my 3 year olds passport. Do my husband and I still have to go to the Garda first?

Hiya, this is a bit of a redundant question but hopefully someone can put my mind at ease. I sent in my passport app. via express post on Monday just gone. I'm applying for a renewal as mine expires mid 2016 and I will be moving to Australia this summer for a Working Holiday - what I included in the application was my current passport, birth cert, a payslip, proof of address from a letter from Irish Blood Transfusion and a scanned picture of my Garda Age Card. Should I have sent in the actual card or am I being very silly? And I usually wear glasses & my passport photos as well as my current passport show me wearing my glasses but in my age card I'm not wearing them & look a little different as a result. I'm sorry if this is me being melodramatic and fearing the worst - I just don't want a rejected application as I need to apply for my visa soon! Thanks :)
    The application and your current passport is all that is needed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

All you needed to send in was your current passport.

Birthcert, payslip, proof of address, scan of your age card were all unnecessary.

I renewing my 3 year olds passport. Do my husband and I still have to go to the Garda first?

Yes, consent is needed from both parents until the age of 18.

It can go from stage 1 to approved in a day. You'll be fine!

You were right.Printed and posted today :D Should be here wednesday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

The application and your current passport is all that is needed.

Ah jaysus amn't I a fool. Well that's that question answered then! Regretting sending that payslip now cause they'll see how little I get paid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Yes, consent is needed from both parents until the age of 18.

Thank You. I know we both sign the form but I had heard from a neighbour that the Garda won't witness the forms or photos any more.

• Advertisement

Thank You. I know we both sign the form but I had heard from a neighbour that the Garda won't witness the forms or photos any more.

Where did they get that information? That's completely off the wall. Don't bother with any of the other witnesses listed for section 7 (consent if under 18). Just go straight to the guards (you'll have to go to them anyway) and they'll do sections 7, 8 and 9 for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement