Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 HSE Ambulance Service Recruitment

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Pebbles!

babs.jones wrote: »
    Hey
    My husband has Appiled online for this. Can anyone tell us when the first stage starts is it th apitute test is. The info is gone off publicjobs site. Can anyone give me all the dates ?? Thanks b

the aptitude test are running on the 19th, 20th, 21st and 22nd of this month as far as I can remember. Your husband should receive an e-mail this Wednesday about the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dave36

Anyone recieve notification of tests yet or will we have to wait till tomorrow? not giving must time to sort out time off work :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭emtally

dave36 wrote: »
    Anyone recieve notification of tests yet or will we have to wait till tomorrow? not giving must time to sort out time off work :mad:
    no, still waiting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 corky70

still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭HighlyCooL

still waiting, and there was me thinking that it would be sent at the stroke of midnight like the way the recruitment was published

• Advertisement

Has anybody heard anything today?? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Suburbanite

Still waiting !!

:confused: looks like a long day!!! waiting !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Griffindore

Just speaking with the recruitment section in HSE 'cos I'm going nuts watching the phone for a text or the email and nothing happening. So the news is that by close of business today, ie. 5.30pm, we will be notified as to what day next week we are to attend for the 1st round of tests. So sit tight, just 3 hours left. Good luck to everyone!!

Thanks Griffindore!! was just about to ring !! was same as you looking at email, mobile !!
    Best of luck
    so 3 hours and counting :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Griffindore

Thank God!! Text finally came. Message on PublicJobs website with the date and time. No turning back now!! Best of Luck to everyone next week.:D

Wait over :)
    good luck to everyone next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭HighlyCooL

Over the moon so I am! I was starting to do my head in waiting till half 5 but happy days the text came! Best of luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭emtally

yeah me too...happy days...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Louth EMT

got message this afternoon - over the moon. One question though i'm sitting my C1 this Friday. If i pass will i get to sit the test? Anybody in same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

Louth EMT wrote: »
    got message this afternoon - over the moon. One question though i'm sitting my C1 this Friday. If i pass will i get to sit the test? Anybody in same boat?

Hard to give you a definitive answer on this...they can insist that you had the C1 licence by the 7th (closing date)

Then again, they may be happy once you have it on your licence prior to the test date.

PAS I'd imagine are the only people who can give you this answer for definite...try ringing them?

EDIT: QUESTION ANSWERED BELOW!

Thanks Coolmoose i'll do that

The Test Familiarisation Booklet for the aptitude tests is now available on publicjobs.ie.

Click here to download it.

@ Louth EMT, this booklet unfortunately answers your question. You MUST have passed your C1 test prior to or on the closing date for application (Oct 7th 2010). Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

"If a candidate has passed their Class C1 test on or before the 7th October 2010 but does not have it on their licence – they should bring their Certificate of Competency and a copy with them. (This will show that they have passed the required test on or before 7th October 2010 as stated in the eligibility criteria of the campaign) "

My heads in a spin - passed c1 test today but not in time me thinks - fell like trying my luck on the day (wednesday) - any advice out there.

My heads in a spin - passed c1 test today but not in time me thinks - fell like trying my luck on the day (wednesday) - any advice out there.

You won't be left in to the aptitude test Louth EMT, have confirmed this with PAS.

• Advertisement

To be honest I think you would be turned away on the day, but god loves a trier and all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Actual Paramedic

Pebbles! wrote: »
    To be honest I think you would be turned away on the day, but god loves a trier and all that!

Well what have you got to lose? Go and try, at least if your rejected you can never regret not pushing it

Well what have you got to lose? Go and try, at least if your rejected you can never regret not pushing it

that was my point you definately won't get any where if you don't try!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 SAR.

I would do the same i would try anyway worst thing that'll happen is you'll get turned away and you can always say you didnt know you had to have your lience before the closing date. At least you tried and then there's always next year. I know you wont want to hear that but hi neither did i. The way i look at it is you'll be well prepared for it next year (i hope) :cool:

Congrats on passing your test.

Louth EMT, I don't mean to come across as harsh or anything, but it's the equivalent of applying without having the Leaving Certificate. You will be turned away from the aptitude test centre as you did not meet the eligibility criteria when you applied for the job, I have confirmed this with the PAS.

It sucks I know, but I'm just trying to save you a wasted trip to Dublin! By all means go up there on Wed if you wish!

Congrats on passing the C1 test though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Suburbanite

I passed my C test last Monday the 11th.
    I'm still going down to do the aptitude test preparation course on Sunday and I'll be there with you next Wed trying my luck at the door. The way I see it is I have the EMT done the leaving cert and work with one of the voluntary groups so it's worth a shot.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Tech Dave

So does anyone know how many people got invited to sit the aptitude tests?

I think more or less everyone that applies for the test gets to sit it. As long as you have everything your asked there should be no reason not to get invited. Its getting in the top percentage that gets invited to sit an interview is the tricky bit. Obviously the more that apply for the aptitude test the harder it will be to get in the top i think its two hundred they call for the interview well its was last year anyway.The very best of luck to all of you who are sitting the tests this week hope you all do well.

• Advertisement

I dont think your harse moose - i asked for opinions and appreciate all the replys both for and against - I'll still head to the big smoke and try my luck - good luck to one and all

Advertisement