Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 HSE Ambulance Service Recruitment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

watch999 wrote: »
    AFAIK you will have to wait at least 6 months from when you pass your theory test before you can apply for the practical driving test so it doesnt look good for having a full C1 licence before closing date, sorry to be the bearer of bad news mate.

Wrong, that only applies to the B licence. You can apply for C test straight away once you have the provisional.

nutini wrote: »
    I've got 2 penalty points on my licence(full c1 & d1) but no written endorsements, does this disqualify me from the recruitment?

No this does not disqualify you from the recruitment, I had the same when I applied. These are not considered to be criminal records either for your Garda Clearance form.

sgthighway wrote: »
    Best of Luck to all candidates. I was thinking about this but managed to get a contract for some other work and am going to stick with it for another while and will give this a miss.(

Why not apply anyway, this panel is going to be added to the end of the current panel, so it may be a while before you would be offered a training place anyway...?

Polo mint wrote: »
    Can anyone advise whats the chances of getting the C1 before the interviews are on 19th October. Need the theory test which are available, the CPC theory test (what is this like) and then the test through your local authority. Is this viable or is the waiting list for the driving test long? Also can't figure out where you take the CPC test. My own fault for leaving it on the long finger. Doh! Cheers folks.

You do not need to take the CPC test, this is only for professional drivers (i.e. truck/bus drivers), and drivers of emergency service vehicles are exempt. Any instructor that tells you otherwise is lying to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 NIFRS

Anyone any idea of what the LC equivilent would be, I'm from the north, I have an NVQ level 3, which is the same level as LC. I also have HNC in engineering, a National certificate in Electronics and am currently in my second year of a FETAC Level 5 Healthcare support.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 dchief

hi every1, im new to all this so bear with me. i received my application form from public jobs .ie yesterday, on the questionnaire wher it says do you strongly agree, agree etc i cannot submit my answer. am i doing something wrong or am i just plain stupid? any help would be much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

dchief wrote: »
    hi every1, im new to all this so bear with me. i received my application form from public jobs .ie yesterday, on the questionnaire wher it says do you strongly agree, agree etc i cannot submit my answer. am i doing something wrong or am i just plain stupid? any help would be much appreciated

I could be wrong here now (my wife is applying and not me) but I thought that was just a self questionnaire and you don;t actually fill it in other than if you print it off.

See i was being stupid, thanks for your help Brianon, it makes sense. Best of luck to your wife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Polo mint

Thanks Funkdunky and coolmoose. Will give it a shot. Gave up my saturday night :( to swat up my theory test on Monday!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 corky70

Hi,
    I was just wondering ,sorry know this is silly question but just to get myself clear is it just the online form to fill out no other details?, just yes have this.. ect , no attaching scanned forms? , just have visions of not sending stuff in and be out on the first hurdle!!! :(
    Best of Luck to everyone :)

• Advertisement

You get the option of attaching a form at the end yeah ? Just up loaded the CV. Not sure if that was required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Patrick11 wrote: »
    Received a text alert today the HSE will be advertising for their new recruitment campaign 2010/2011 EMT Trainee tomorrow on publicjobs.ie. The old panel of 2009 is extended to Aug 2011 and once this panel is exhausted I persuame the new panel will commence.

Heard nothing about this on public jobs?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I assume they are very strict on this having your full C1 licence by the time you're interviewed? No point in me even applying now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

I assume they are very strict on this having your full C1 licence by the time you're interviewed? No point in me even applying now. :(

Not even that, it's by the time you get called for the aptitude tests! That's 3 weeks away. I failed the C test twice, gutted now. I'll just have to give up my dream of being a Paramedic. The next recruitment could be 5 years away, I'll be 30, too old :(:mad:

Good luck to everyone applying.

Elessar wrote: »
    Not even that, it's by the time you get called for the aptitude tests! That's 3 weeks away. I failed the C test twice, gutted now. I'll just have to give up my dream of being a Paramedic. The next recruitment could be 5 years away, I'll be 30, too old :(:mad:

Good luck to everyone applying.

This is going to have to be a kick in the arse for me. I know the Fire Brigade are the same and not having a full licence is just laziness on my part. No bloody way am I missing out on the FB when it finally comes up just because I'm lazy.

I do find it a tad unfair, but, I know it's just another way of segregating applications given they get so many of them. Though, there is plenty of time for me to get a full C1 before training commences :(

brianon wrote: »
    You get the option of attaching a form at the end yeah ? Just up loaded the CV. Not sure if that was required.
    hi brianon, it says on public jobs that no other documentation should be uploaded with application form. Elessar u say u'll be too old at 30? guess im in trouble then, but the way i see it is- life experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Griffindore

With regards to getting the driving license on time, I think some people are selling themselves short. I applied for my tests before I ever sat in a coach or truck. I rang the RSA explaining that I was applying for the EMT and begged for a test date asap. I was lucky and was given my C test date for 7 days later and my D test for 3 days after that. So I had 3 lessons in each and passed both tests. It can be done if you really want it. Have to say I found the people in the RSA really helpful once they knew I was under a time pressure to pass the tests.
    Hope this offers some encouragement to those thinking of throwing in the towel early.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭medic780

I wish it was only my licence I was short. Have my C and D. I have no science subject and I won't be sitting my EMT untill November. Not much point in me applying. Finished my EMT course with a few months but awaiting examination.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,871 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im a bit pissed off that you need a science subject unless agricultural science will do :pac:

My brother didnt need a science subject in his time

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭medic780

Headshot wrote: »
    Im a bit pissed off that you need a science subject unless agricultural science will do :pac:

My brother didnt need a science subject in his time
    You need biology, chemistry or physics as your science subject if you don't have any of these they will accept a valid PHECC EMT licence.

• Advertisement

I wish it was just the actual license I was short, I'm also short of the ability to drive well enough to pass a test.

@ brianon: It specifically said not to attach any documentation to your application on the site.

They can be very strict with the date you acquired your C1 licence (i.e. they can insist you hold it by the closing date for application). Also note that a Certificate of Competency is not good enough, you must have the licence (this happened one or two I know of).

@ Elessar, 30 is average for application to the ambulance service I would say. Most of my class were in their 30s, a few in their 40s. There were not that many 22/23 year olds, most were 29/30/31. So don't think like that, I'd consider it a grand age to apply.

coolmoose wrote: »
    @ brianon: It specifically said not to attach any documentation to your application on the site.

They can be very strict with the date you acquired your C1 licence (i.e. they can insist you hold it by the closing date for application). Also note that a Certificate of Competency is not good enough, you must have the licence (this happened one or two I know of).

@ Elessar, 30 is average for application to the ambulance service I would say. Most of my class were in their 30s, a few in their 40s. There were not that many 22/23 year olds, most were 29/30/31. So don't think like that, I'd consider it a grand age to apply.

Thanks coolmoose, I assumed there was an upper age limit for the NAS. That has cheered me up no end. I may see you on the road one day yet! :)

Thanks. I see it now. So why is there an option to upload a document if you want at the end ?

In terms of providing proof of no penalty points or endorsements can I ask if the letter my wife got shows this ?
    Letter states...
    "...your licence record shows no penaly points are currently endorsed on the entry in the licence record relating to you...".

Is this right ? Does she need to get a letter stating there are no penalty points and no endorsments or am I confused as to what penalty points and endorsements are ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Griffindore

I wish it was just the actual license I was short, I'm also short of the ability to drive well enough to pass a test.
    Maybe it's not your driving but your instruction to date. If you haven't passed the test for the same reason as before, then you should strongly think about changing your instructor or driving school. Best of Luck.

Thanks coolmoose, I assumed there was an upper age limit for the NAS. That has cheered me up no end. I may see you on the road one day yet! :)

Nope no age limit, so try to get your licence sorted in the next 2/3 weeks (it can be done!) and get your application in! It might cost you a couple of hundred euro in lessons etc. but you'll get a career out of it! Where are you based in the country?

Thanks. I see it now. So why is there an option to upload a document if you want at the end ?

Don't know to be honest!
    Is this right ? Does she need to get a letter stating there are no penalty points and no endorsments or am I confused as to what penalty points and endorsements are ?

They are seperate, penalty points are not endorsements. Endoresements will in general mean you do not have a clean licence and cannot apply, penalty points do not exclude you from application.

Nope no age limit, so try to get your licence sorted in the next 2/3 weeks (it can be done!) and get your application in! It might cost you a couple of hundred euro in lessons etc. but you'll get a career out of it! Where are you based in the country?

Dublin. Don't think I'll get a test date before the aptitudes in two weeks!

Dublin. Don't think I'll get a test date before the aptitudes in two weeks!

You can but try! Annoy the RSA every day and you will! :D

• Advertisement

as far as i know you have to bring your full licence to the test or you wont get in

Advertisement