Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 HSE Ambulance Service Recruitment

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Polo mint

I did my theory test today and then rang RSA to see if I could get a test. They weren't very accomodating but I just thought I would ring again tomorrow. They said the MTO take 10 days to put the details for the provisonal on the system and that is why it takes so long but sure I will talk nice to the MTO tomorrow and see what they say and then ring RSA and beg. As you say one can but try. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 SAR.

Does anyone know if you have to have your leaving cert results with you when you go to sit the apptitude test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 dchief

no idea, dont even know where i could find mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭medic780

From reading the candidate info it looks as if you just need your C1 licence with you but if you get called for an interview you need to post up your orginal certs. So if you don't have your leaving cert I reckon you would want to get on to the dep of education for your cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

SAR. wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you have to have your leaving cert results with you when you go to sit the apptitude test?

No, just photo ID and driving licence with full C1 category on it.

Leaving Cert etc. will need to be posted up if successful in stage 1 (aptitude test).

A lot of these questions are answered in the Candidate Information book which is contained in a link on the advertisement page on publicjobs.ie - you need to read this book thoroughly as they expect you to know this information!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

coolmoose wrote: »
    No, just photo ID and driving licence with full C1 category on it.

Leaving Cert etc. will need to be posted up if successful in stage 1 (aptitude test).

A lot of these questions are answered in the Candidate Information book which is contained in a link on the advertisement page on publicjobs.ie - you need to read this book thoroughly as they expect you to know this information!

...and the proof of no penalty points or endorsements.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

A silly question maybe?

I have read the information booklet and it says about filling in the self assesment questioner does this have to be sent along with my application or does it happen automaticly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Funkducky

I'm trying to get a cancellation for my 'C' licence and even if I manage to get the licence I'm still snookered with the Leaving cert and I'm currently doing the EMT privately but don't have exams till Febuary 2011. I think I'll see how far I can get as this line-up for this new panel won't see employment till 2012 at the earliest so I should have the EMT before they hire. What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Einstein

brianon wrote: »
    It's endorsements you need to worry about, not penalty points if I'm not mistaken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Griffindore

Elessar wrote: »
    Dublin. Don't think I'll get a test date before the aptitudes in two weeks!
    You do realise that you can choose another county besides Dublin even if you do not live there. :rolleyes: It will give you much more options. If you are a little flexible then the RSA will help. Better to travel a little distance than to miss out on the opportunity to try for the EMT course. Good Luck

• Advertisement

moose112 wrote: »
    A silly question maybe?

I have read the information booklet and it says about filling in the self assesment questioner does this have to be sent along with my application or does it happen automaticly.

Nope, that's a self assessment questionnaire that you fill in for your own information...this does not get submitted with your application, it's just to help you decide if this is a career that suits you.

Funkducky wrote: »
    I'm trying to get a cancellation for my 'C' licence and even if I manage to get the licence I'm still snookered with the Leaving cert and I'm currently doing the EMT privately but don't have exams till Febuary 2011. I think I'll see how far I can get as this line-up for this new panel won't see employment till 2012 at the earliest so I should have the EMT before they hire. What do you think?

No point to be honest, you won't get aywhere near an interview, never mind a panel without Leaving Cert. If successful in aptitude test they will ask for LC results prior to interview and you will then be ruled out because you do not meet the requirements.

brianon wrote: »

You do not need to prove anything about penalty points! (At a later stage you will have to tell them prior to being placed on the HSE driver panel, but that's an internal HSE matter with local Ambulance Officer)

They will not look for endorsement information on the day of the aptitude test either (it's PAS staff that run the aptitude tests, not the HSE), that will all be checked at a later date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Patrick11

Tones69 wrote: »
    Heard nothing about this on public jobs?

Those on the current existing panel were notified of the new recruitment campain via email from the HSE stating that they would be holding a recruitment capaign to supplement the existing panel. Only those on the current panel got this email it was not posted up on public jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lome29389

Hey guys.. just wondering do you need to have your full C1 licence by da 7th of oct or can you get away with not having it until the day of the aptitude test?

it does say c1 licence by closing date, dont know if you turn up to test with a full licence a couple of weeks later will they turn you away? But on the licence its self it shows the date you got the licence. Sorry. You might be better off ringing HSE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lome29389

dchief wrote: »
    it does say c1 licence by closing date, dont know if you turn up to test with a full licence a couple of weeks later will they turn you away? But on the licence its self it shows the date you got the licence. Sorry. You might be better off ringing HSE

Tanx, was just checking if ud get away with it....may give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 33 SAR.

lome29389 wrote: »
    Hey guys.. just wondering do you need to have your full C1 licence by da 7th of oct or can you get away with not having it until the day of the aptitude test?

Unless things have changed you need your licence for the day of the apptitude test and if your lucky enough to get an interview you'll have to bring it along that day as well. Thats what i had to do in '09 anyway maybe the rules have changed since. The day i sat my apptitude test there was one guy there who had just passed his c1 the day before the apptitude test! He didnt even have it on his licence he had to bring along the cert that the examiner gave him after the driving test which says you were successful,talk about cutting it fine :cool: fair play to him he got to sit the test anyway. If they are unsure about your licence for whatever reason they'll let you sit the test while the check it out but make it clear that if it turns out that your licence cant be accepted your results wont count. Also seen this happen but dont know how he got on afterwards. If your not sure about something maybe you would be better ringing manorhamilton recruitment who might be able to give you a sure answer.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

lome29389 wrote: »
    Tanx, was just checking if ud get away with it....may give it a go

No text speak. Please read the charter before you post again.

Thanks.

SAR. wrote: »
    He didnt even have it on his licence he had to bring along the cert that the examiner gave him after the driving test which says you were successful,talk about cutting it fine :cool: fair play to him he got to sit the test anyway.

The complete opposite happened at mine in 2007, 2 lads were turned away with certificate of competency for driving tests, as they did not have the category on their actual licence. In 2009 I know of at least 1 person who was turned away because they had obtained their D1 licence after the closing date for application.

• Advertisement

coolmoose wrote: »
    The complete opposite happened at mine in 2007, 2 lads were turned away with certificate of competency for driving tests, as they did not have the category on their actual licence. In 2009 I know of at least 1 person who was turned away because they had obtained their D1 licence after the closing date for application.
    coolmoose it says on the info that d1 is not needed until you are nearly finnished your training, that is if any of us get picked. here's hoping:)

coolmoose it says on the info that d1 is not needed until you are nearly finnished your training, that is if any of us get picked. here's hoping:)

Yes I'm fully aware of the change to the licence requirements, that's why I was referring to the 2007 and 2009 competitions. I was responding to SARs post regarding certificates of competency being accepted at the aptitude test centre. The point I was making was that person was turned away because they had passed their D1 test after the closing date for applications.

Therefore it could be assumed for this competition that you must hold a full C1 licence by the 7th October, as getting the category on your licence after that date could result in you getting turned away from the aptitude test as you did not meet the requirements to apply when you did.

ok coolmoose, understood. just another way of making a cull on the applicants.

and also coolmoose what were you doin up at 5am? u a vampire or something?:D

and also coolmoose what were you doin up at 5am? u a vampire or something?:D

Not quite, but close...the joys of a night shift... :)

And yep, it's basically another way of culling applicants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Polo mint

Man - I am peeved. All that postitive 'I will get a driving test before the 7th' marlarky and I got a speeding fine in the post yesterday. 10 years driving and not a dicky bird and now when I least need it, I get one. Best of luck to the rest of you trying. Morale of the story - don't drive 60km in a 50km zone. :mad:

i will be devils advocate here: it says if you dont have leaving cert with a science subject dont apply if u dont have a c1 licence dont apply. come on nobody needs 2 blow smoke up any 1s hole. closin date is closin date sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Actual Paramedic

Not sure you will get shafted for having a speeding offence giving you penalty points. Declare it if asked. Also once thats the only issue about your driving your ok

omg

• Advertisement

Polo mint wrote: »
    Man - I am peeved. All that postitive 'I will get a driving test before the 7th' marlarky and I got a speeding fine in the post yesterday. 10 years driving and not a dicky bird and now when I least need it, I get one. Best of luck to the rest of you trying. Morale of the story - don't drive 60km in a 50km zone. :mad:

This will make absolutely no difference whatsoever to your application!

Advertisement