Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 HSE Ambulance Service Recruitment

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Polo mint

why do you say that coolmoose. Kinda makes no difference now as the RSA won't give me a driving test before the 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭danbag1989

Applicants must be in possession of five passes in the Leaving Certificate examination (including one science subject or mathematics) thats from the UCD site

maths OR science...you should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭emtally

danbag1989 wrote: »
    Applicants must be in possession of five passes in the Leaving Certificate examination (including one science subject or mathematics) thats from the UCD site

maths OR science...you should be ok
    ...err no...
    maths AND science...
    it's on the hse/pas recruitment websites...
    you need to read ALL the info available....

actually, to clarify, they (hse/pas) are looking for leaving cert with 5 passes (min grade D) to include maths AND a science subject (biology, chemistry or physics)
    I'm taking this from the "EMT trainee- paramedic training programme" handbook.

emtally wrote: »
    actually, to clarify, they (hse/pas) are looking for leaving cert with 5 passes (min grade D) to include maths AND a science subject (biology, chemistry or physics)
    I'm taking this from the "EMT trainee- paramedic training programme" handbook.

ok cool. if you have the EMT course done do you think that will bypass the science requirement? some say it will some say it wont. a friend of mine ringing around all the appropriate bodies tomorrow to try find out,

• Advertisement

ok cool. if you have the EMT course done do you think that will bypass the science requirement? some say it will some say it wont. a friend of mine ringing around all the appropriate bodies tomorrow to try find out,
    yeah again, same source, the emt with phecc registration cert is acceptable in place of the science subject only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 medicfar

hi all got throw in 09 they sent re extention notice but do i have to do anything to comfirm my space for i,m doing my leaving this year to get in

ohright cool thanks. i have my lc with all the passes anyway so its ok in that respect. just need to get the c1 and d1 and see where i can go from there ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

ohright cool thanks. i have my lc with all the passes anyway so its ok in that respect. just need to get the c1 and d1 and see where i can go from there ha.

Where exactly does one get their lc results if they have lost them over the years ? The actual cert that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

Polo mint wrote: »
    why do you say that coolmoose. Kinda makes no difference now as the RSA won't give me a driving test before the 7th.

Penalty points have no bearing on your licence for application or driving purposes...an endorsement would, but points don't (unless you get 12 and then a ban obviously!)

Why won't they give you a test?

• Advertisement

You only need the C1 to apply. Danbag, you really need to read the candidate information booklet, it would have answered every one of your posts so far.

medicfar wrote: »
    hi all got throw in 09 they sent re extention notice but do i have to do anything to comfirm my space for i,m doing my leaving this year to get in

Confirm what place? You are on a panel for training places that has been extended, and the new panel will be added to the bottom of the panel you are already on.

You do not have to confirm anything.

coolmoose wrote: »
    You only need the C1 to apply. Danbag, you really need to read the candidate information booklet, it would have answered every one of your posts so far.

where do i get that, can i download it or what?

hmmm seems like a should

where do i get that, can i download it or what?

hmmm seems like a should

It's on the job advertisement page on publicjobs.ie.

Click here

Click on Information Booklet near the bottom of the advertisement.

brianon wrote: »
    Where exactly does one get their lc results if they have lost them over the years ? The actual cert that is.

you have to go down to your school and ask them in there. if you have your LC exam number still then you can get it right away i think. if not give them your pps number and they will be posted out to you.

someone mentioned in another post you can check it online but i dunno what the story is there.
    dan

It's on the job advertisement page on publicjobs.ie.

Click here

Click on Information Booklet near the bottom of the advertisement.

excellent, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭medic780

you have to go down to your school and ask them in there. if you have your LC exam number still then you can get it right away i think. if not give them your pps number and they will be posted out to you.

someone mentioned in another post you can check it online but i dunno what the story is there.
    dan

You have to get your leaving certificate from the State Examination Commission if it has been x amount of years since you have sat your exams.
    www.examinations.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Hightower21

I have applied for the Trainee paramedics. Is there anywhere to practice or study for these aptitude tests?

I see that there are a few 1 day courses for this. Is it worth spending the money on theres courses?

Has anywone done anything like this before. Dont have too much to spend so want to get my moneys worth.

Hope that this is in the right place!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33 SAR.

Hi guys sorry just back from holidays no lap top :eek: Sorry i didnt explain my last post very well. The guy that showed up with the certificate of competency was allowed to sit the test but they had to check if it could be accepted if it wasnt acceptable his test would have been cancelled. I only met the guy on the day and havent seen him since so i cant say how he got on. Sorry for any confusion caused.

I have applied for the Trainee paramedics. Is there anywhere to practice or study for these aptitude tests?

I see that there are a few 1 day courses for this. Is it worth spending the money on theres courses?

Has anywone done anything like this before. Dont have too much to spend so want to get my moneys worth.

Hope that this is in the right place!

Thanks

There are books that cover aptitude tests available in Easons and Waterstones, try online too.

The aptitude test courses can be useful alright, I suppose at the end of the day it's only a few quid and could help you get a career, might be money well spent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Hightower21

Thanks Coolmoose,
    I have seen a couple of courses advertised. was just looking for a bit of feedback on them.

Can't mention specific company names, but one of the bigger profile companies based in Cork run a good 1 day preparation course, I sat it with them and found it to be useful. I didn't sit any interview preparation course however, but in hindsight it may have been useful to do so.

For what it's worth, IMO unless you're comfortable with aptitude tests in general, I would go do one of the 1 day courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 SAR.

Can't mention specific company names, but one of the bigger profile companies based in Cork run a good 1 day preparation course, I sat it with them and found it to be useful. I didn't sit any interview preparation course however, but in hindsight it may have been useful to do so.

For what it's worth, IMO unless you're comfortable with aptitude tests in general, I would go do one of the 1 day courses.

I agree, I had trouble passing the apptitude test and sat a one day preparation course with the "same cork" company (dont know if i can say that or not) and scored high enough in the test so i would think it would be a good idea to do one of these courses with any company really. Pitty i wasnt as successful in the interview :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 dchief

is there something im missing here? why cant the companies be mentioned?:confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

dchief wrote: »
    is there something im missing here? why cant the companies be mentioned?:confused:
    Because it's against the forum charter.

dchief wrote: »

PM me if you want details for that company in Cork, it's against the forum charter to post messages advertising companies.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 dchief

thanks coolmoose, think im ok. hopefully im gonna do ok without.:)

me too dcheif,
    i've got me a few books that were mentioned in the last recruitment drive handbook.
    only a few euros online....

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭babs.jones

Hey
    My husband has Appiled online for this. Can anyone tell us when the first stage starts is it th apitute test is. The info is gone off publicjobs site. Can anyone give me all the dates ?? Thanks b

• Advertisement

babs.jones wrote: »
    Hey
    My husband has Appiled online for this. Can anyone tell us when the first stage starts is it th apitute test is. The info is gone off publicjobs site. Can anyone give me all the dates ?? Thanks b

Information booklet is still available to download from Publicjobs.ie under Campaign Updates > In Progress Campaigns

http://publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/en/getDyna.do?name=In_Progress_Campaigns

Download the EMT Familiarisation booklet from the link above, page 36 has all the information re: dates and stages of assessment.

Advertisement