Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 HSE Ambulance Service Recruitment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭emtally

amen to that brother...got it too!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 jasonm

Results are out, I'm through to the next stage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭HighlyCooL

Im in there like swim wear! over the moon! roll on december!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Griffindore

YES YES YES YES YES. Finally got results and will go onto the next stage. Placed well in the merit ranking too, so really pleased with that. Anyone else got news?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Griffindore

Well done to everyone. As you all say, roll on December and set ourselves up for the biggest wait for results yet. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Was it just the top 200 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dave36

Well suprised with my order of merit result. Next step application form which from what I hear is not the easiest, kinda like garda one involving written passages showing you display skills needed to be paramedic. Interview based on these passages.

roll on interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭HighlyCooL

No there was more then 200, a friend of mine got 205 or there abouts

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Sparkey84

Hey guys, delighted to be getting to the interview stage. Does anyone know what relivence the ranking number will make for further on?

Sparkey84 wrote: »
    Hey guys, delighted to be getting to the interview stage. Does anyone know what relivence the ranking number will make for further on?
    yeah, this is the order to which we will get called to interview...
    presumably the lower the number, the sooner you get called...
    maybe coolmoose knows more...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 redpoppy

Got through too, delighted !!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

Well done all! Yep, as emtally says, the lower the number the quicker you will be called for interview. Everyone who sat the aptitude test will get an order of merit score, so there may well be 300, 700 or 5000 scores allocated, I don't know. However, they will normally call the first 200 for interview. You will then be interviewed and then based on your score in the interview, you will then be given a training place panel number.

The lower your number (or higher depending on how you look at it!) on this panel that is formed, the sooner you will be offered a training place in NASC (i.e. number 12 will be offered a place before number 20). Obviously this panel that is being formed is being added to the end of the current panel that's in place, so that panel will get offered places first.

As dave36 rightly stated, the next stage is application form whereby you must write passages outlining how you meet the requirements for the position of Trainee EMT/Student Paramedic. These include areas such as Initiative, Teamwork, Decision Making, Leadership, Problem Solving, Coping with Stress, Professionalism etc. The answers that you provide on this application form will form the basis of your structured interview in December.

The HSE/NAS will give more detail in the application pack posted to successful candidates outlining the areas which they want you to expand on. If any of you have any questions regarding filling out this form ask away, I'll do my best to answer it. However, please note that it is against the forum charter for me to discuss specific interview questions etc. All of what I have said above is in the public domain.

Well done again to you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Flaker

Got it too. Am in a serious shock as well as got really close to the top! I thought the analytical reasoning was so hard but was obviously better at it than I thought! Did anyone else get the email from the HSE?

Yes, Took a look at the form, its going to take a bit of time and effort to fill this in. Especially as it has to be in the post in plenty of time to arrive for 12:00 on the 19th November:confused:

Hey Coolmoose

Maybe you can help me

For the Print out of the drivers license stating penalty points/endorsements that is required do you just go to the local Licensing office (ie Laois Motor Tax office) and request it over the counter?

Is there a charge?

Is there a time issue, or is it printed on the spot for you?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Pebbles!

yeah I got through aswel, absolutely delighted! got placed extremely high up and I was full sure I hadn't done well enough!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 corky70

:D well done all roll on interviews

jasonm wrote: »
    Hey Coolmoose

Maybe you can help me

For the Print out of the drivers license stating penalty points/endorsements that is required do you just go to the local Licensing office (ie Laois Motor Tax office) and request it over the counter?

Is there a charge?

Is there a time issue, or is it printed on the spot for you?

Thanks
    i'm not coolmoose but i can help you with this...
    go in to your local licensing office,yes it is the place where you get your car tax, just request the printout, it costs E6 and takes around 5-10 working days.
    I got mine within a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Hightower21

Thanks EMTally,

Was in my tax office this morning to get this letter.
    I got a print out of my licence details (dates when I got my full B, Full C & C1) As I have no endorsments it is not mentioned on the letter.
    Will this letter do?

I had to get a seperate letter to show my 2 penality points.

Thanks

Emtally,

Thanks for that infromation. This thread has been a great resource for me (and for others I'm sure) and I just want to say to all who have given advice and information, thank you very much. It's daunting deciding to try and start on a new career path, so any info is a great help! Just keep it coming...!

Jasonm,

With regards to the application form, it is fairly long and intense, but the good thing about it is that in a structured interview (and I know this cos I've done a couple - am in the Civil Service) they can only ask you questions that refer to stuff you wrote on the form. So don't write anything they can catch you out on (in other words - a lie!) and learn the contents of your form and the background to your answers and examples off by heart and you hopefully to far wrong! I got this advice from a my old supervisor at work and it must have worked as I got the job I had applied for!

Hope this answer wasn't too long winded...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

Hi jasonm,

as emtally said, there's nothing more I can add to this! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 redpoppy

I've read the instuctions but can anyone tell me if the application has to be filled in by hand and then scanned along with the rest of the documents or can it be typed and emailed in.

I can't seem to see anything that says it has to be hand written but I could be wrong !

Hey Thanks Everyone,

I went into the local tax office today and they printed out my License details and handed it over for free.

Just mentions when I got my Licenses and where my registered address has been.

I've no points or endorsements so there is no mention of them.

Not sure if its the right document that they require?

Interview preparation course.

Hi, does anyone think these are of any use? I just called a company <mod snip> and it seems to be mostly about filling in the application form.

Also, as I am from the north of the country, it is a bit far away for me. I would have to take time off work, pay for 2 nights accomodation and pay for the course. And it's this weekend and they only have 2 spaces left! It just seems like too much to organise in a short space of time!

I would seriously consider it if anyone here had done and thought it worthwhile. Or does anyone know of one running in other places?

I've done a couple of structured interviews before and did ok in them but I am just afraid that there is something specific to the EMT interview that I would miss knowing about if I didn't do a course.

Advice please?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Hightower21

Flaker,
    I did the aptiputede test course with a company from <mod snip>
    They are doing a interview course in <mod snip>. The aptitude test course was good (it got me this far)
    Its cheaper than the one in galway.

Hope this helps.

Hightower,

Cheers for that. Much appreciated.

jasonm wrote: »
    Hey Thanks Everyone,

I went into the local tax office today and they printed out my License details and handed it over for free.

Just mentions when I got my Licenses and where my registered address has been.

I've no points or endorsements so there is no mention of them.

Not sure if its the right document that they require?
    i dont think this is the right document as mine clearly states at the bottom that there are NO penalty points or endorsements on the licence or pending.
    think you might need to go back to them...

Hi Emtally,

Thanks

Can you tell me what you asked for at your tax office as I showed them the HSE application form showing exactly what was requested and that is what they gave me.

Everyone else what sort of documents have you got from your licensing departments?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Pebbles!

hi I went in today and got mine. The first letter says that I have no penalty points or endorsements, the next two pages state my current and previous licenses and addresses.

• Advertisement

I seem to have got the second part of this, will have to go back in tomorrow to get the first part.

Have sent off for my leaving cert too hope it arrives in time.

Thanks for the help everyone

Advertisement