Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 HSE Ambulance Service Recruitment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭supermedic

The HSE recruitment will be taking place next week, it will be advertised on the HSE and public jobs websites and will up for the normal 2 weeks. Info from UCD yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

supermedic wrote: »
    The HSE recruitment will be taking place next week, it will be advertised on the HSE and public jobs websites and will up for the normal 2 weeks. Info from UCD yesterday.

Damn, still don't have my truck license.

Does anyone know how long it is between applying and the start of the aptitude tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

@Elessar, it's normally around the 2 month mark, advertised for a month, then apps in, then aptitude tests.

coolmoose wrote: »
    @Elessar, it's normally around the 2 month mark, advertised for a month, then apps in, then aptitude tests.

Thanks, so I might still have a chance assuming I can get the C1 before the aptitude?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 sanchez34

Does anybody know wha type of sections are in the aptitude test?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

sanchez34 wrote: »
    Does anybody know wha type of sections are in the aptitude test?

There is already a lot of information in this forum about this. For example, if you go to this thread, click the drop-down menu to the right that says "Search this Thread", type in the word "aptitude" and click "Go", you'll find a lot of posts that will answer your questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Patrick11

Hi just a quick update. The 2009/10 hse panel has been extended to August 2011 received notification yesterday from HSE

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dave36

Hi,

Any idea if the extending of the existing panel will have any effect on the proposed recruitment campaign for this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭medic780

As far as I am aware it's says on the letter that the recruitment is on hold for the next 2 years

• Advertisement

Just to clarify that no letters were issued but a general email sent to those remaining on the existant 2009/10 panel wether they be deemed 'dormant' or those who were too far down the panel to make it into this years classes. There was absoutely no mention whatsoever of recruitment or recruitment been on hold the email was basically to inform those on the panel that the panel would be extended to August 2011. That was literally all the information we were given. Have absoutely no idea what happens next regarding recruitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Actual Paramedic

Its basically the HSe handling the last panel carefully and to avoid any legal action. They changed the criteria and extended the panel., people whom did not fulfill the new criteria nw have the next year to attain the necessary qualifications needed. That means people need to enroll and complete the Leaving Cert. Wise move by the HSE and giving ever opportunity to the people on the panel.

I would say if a new panel is started the HSE will give preference to the current panel but its if the person fits the requested criteria.

Yeah was pretty much hoping that was what it was all about as I know a few lads who are dormant on the panel and who are starting back to education next week to obtain a leaving certificate. Just as well we took the chance and enrolled 3 weeks ago as the enrollment dates for many of the schools and colleges are now closed. Glad we took the chance and enrolled when we did.

Received a text alert today the HSE will be advertising for their new recruitment campaign 2010/2011 EMT Trainee tomorrow on publicjobs.ie. The old panel of 2009 is extended to Aug 2011 and once this panel is exhausted I persuame the new panel will commence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Funkducky

Anybody any idea how many unemployed EMT's out there in the republic?

Do you need to already have the C & D licence before you can apply for the EMT/ Paramedic posts?. I'm currently doing my C licence and hope to sit a test soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Pebbles!

Funkducky wrote: »
    Do you need to already have the C & D licence before you can apply for the EMT/ Paramedic posts?. I'm currently doing my C licence and hope to sit a test soon.

you must have your full C1 license before applying for the paramedic recruitment. You will be required to get you D1 once trained! As regards to EMT training you do not require any license but to obtain a job you may need your C1.

Hope it helped!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Sisu200

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Funkducky wrote: »

From publicjobs...
    "Be the holder of a full unendorsed Class C1 Driving Licience by the closing date"

Closing date is 7/10. Make sure you have your test before that date I guess. Tell them you'll take cancellations?

Cheers Pebbles & Brianon, better get my bum in gear then. Can only imagine how much competion there will be to get onto this panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Competition will be fierce I can assure you that. But a word to the wise to anyone thinking of chancing there arm with no licence before the test dont bother going up to the aptitude if you havent got the c1 as they WONT let you sit it. I've seen a good few people turned away over the last two campaigns..

I wasnt going to bother this time round but Ive applied just in case the college thing doesnt work out for me. Best of luck to all applying.

Oh and a word of advice to anyone who gets to the interview, Know that candidate information book inside out as they can ask you questions for it and expect you to know it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dave36

hi all,

Was on night duty last night and applied for campaign via public jobs website. Just double checking is it just the single online page with some personal details and drop down menus confirming you meet entry requiments you need submit.

many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Best of Luck to all candidates. I was thinking about this but managed to get a contract for some other work and am going to stick with it for another while and will give this a miss. It will probably be the last recruitment drive :(

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭touge_drift

sgthighway wrote: »
    It will probably be the last recruitment drive :(

how so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Polo mint

Can anyone advise whats the chances of getting the C1 before the interviews are on 19th October. Need the theory test which are available, the CPC theory test (what is this like) and then the test through your local authority. Is this viable or is the waiting list for the driving test long? Also can't figure out where you take the CPC test. My own fault for leaving it on the long finger. Doh! Cheers folks.

:eek:Polo Mint, don't think you need a CPC for public service vehicles. Inform the test centre that you need a cancellation as you are applying for a HSE post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nutini

I've got 2 penalty points on my licence(full c1 & d1) but no written endorsements, does this disqualify me from the recruitment?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 watch999

Polo mint wrote: »
    Can anyone advise whats the chances of getting the C1 before the interviews are on 19th October. Need the theory test which are available, the CPC theory test (what is this like) and then the test through your local authority. Is this viable or is the waiting list for the driving test long? Also can't figure out where you take the CPC test. My own fault for leaving it on the long finger. Doh! Cheers folks.

AFAIK you will have to wait at least 6 months from when you pass your theory test before you can apply for the practical driving test so it doesnt look good for having a full C1 licence before closing date, sorry to be the bearer of bad news mate.

Don't think thats true Watch999. Only applies to your provisional B licence. In order to do 'C' you must first obviously have a full 'B' and having a full 'B' that proves at least that you can drive and have a knowledge of ROTR.

• Advertisement

nutini wrote: »
    I've got 2 penalty points on my licence(full c1 & d1) but no written endorsements, does this disqualify me from the recruitment?

Think you'll be alright with that.

Advertisement