Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

OldRio wrote: »
    Well Santa spoilt me this Christmas. Tom Ford 'Pour Homme' and Creed 'Aventus' found under the tree.
    I wore the Aventus at two separate functions over the festive season. I was complimented at both on a number of times. Happy days.

Never tried either of those but the Tom Ford skincare range is supposed to be great, but pricey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Santa brought me a bottle of Boss Intense. I was never a big fan of any of the Hugo range but this is gorgeous imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

So spent my first day looking at proper colognes was very enjoyable :)

I picked up

Hugo Boss - The Scent, a nice woody strong one
    Armani - Code, lovely however I don't think the scent will last long seems to be untraceable after an hour, a friend mentioned the same with another Armani scent.

However, on the way out I asked for a sample of Calvin Klien Obsession, LOVE it, easily my fav gonna pick it up for sure would be favourite so far.

Have sample of the Creed Green Irish Tweed and Aventus to pick up to see what all the fuss is about.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd like to hear and pick up a couple samples when I order the Creed samples, I'd like a strong scent that lasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Got a gift of a bottle of Cerruti Pour Homme over Christmas and it's not too bad. I went out to get another bottle of Spice Bomb but they were out of stock so I picked up some Prada Luna Rossa. It's not cheap but I love it.

I bought the D&G intenso. It's a very nice smell but it's quite weak so I'm not loving it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Got a bottle of Vera Wang aftershave & Gucci Guilty eau de toilette for work, happy out with them but will be on the lookout for another scent as soon as my Armani Code runs out probably look into trying out Creed or some Tom Ford

jag con wrote: »

Do these lads post to Ireland or did you use parcel motel?

I have an order with a "postage being calculated" after been given the option but yet they don't do "International Shipping" As with a lot of UK sites they might not consider the Republic international
    though.

Wondering if I should wait on an email or just reorder with PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

I have an order with a "postage being calculated" since September so......

Nate

I have an order with a "postage being calculated" since September so......

Nate

Oh ffs!

Thanks Nate "Mainland UK" is what's down so parcel motel is probably out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Riprock

Some fragrances I use and pretty good I think:

Baldessarini - Ultimate
    Ermenegildo Zegna - Aqua de Bergamotto & Uomo
    Givenchy - Neo
    D&G - Light Blue

And, wait for it, David Beckham - Instinct, not bad! And very long lasting.

Reading some posts here, I'll have to try a Creed, never even heard of it until now.

• Advertisement

Riprock wrote: »
    Some fragrances I use and pretty good I think:

Baldessarini - Ultimate
    Ermenegildo Zegna - Aqua de Bergamotto & Uomo
    Givenchy - Neo
    D&G - Light Blue

And, wait for it, David Beckham - Instinct, not bad! And very long lasting.

Reading some posts here, I'll have to try a Creed, never even heard of it until now.

Yeah my friend has one of Becks ones and it's nice and strong alright, was pleasantly surprised!

Oh an update on www.scentsamples.uk.com. Facebook messaged them, seems to be the only way to get some companies to respond. The long and short of it is they don't post outside UK "but are working on it" despite offering it clearly on their site. Parcel motel may work but can't be assed.

Ordered a ball of samples from http://myperfumesamples.com/ cheaper per sample and only $10 postage to Ireland standard.

Actually I think I might have used them before. Thanks for the reminder.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Riprock

I went in to BTs today, all the posts here whetted my appetite for a new smell. It was a Creed I was most interested in, couldn't see it immediately but seen Clinique for Men so headed that direction for a sample. I asked the guy at the Clinique desk where the Creeds were and he pointed the section out. However he said on the way over I should try 'Atkinsons' (or 24 Old Bond Street), they are on sale at half price, he'd bought one himself and said it was savage.

In particular he said try 'Triple Extract' which is the one he'd purchased. I did and thought it was great and I bought it. 50mls reduced from 90eur to 45eur. There are 3 or 4 other fragrances also available, all really distinctive, but thought triple extract was the best.

This sale in Atkinsons is going on until next week if anyone is interested in this particular bargain. The Creed will have to wait for another day!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Techno Snob

I've ordered from Scent Samples numerous times using Parcel Motel. When ordering just use their Belfast depot delivery address instead of their Dublin one. They don't charge you any extra to bring your parcel down to Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male

I've ordered from Scent Samples numerous times using Parcel Motel. When ordering just use their Belfast depot delivery address instead of their Dublin one. They don't charge you any extra to bring your parcel down to Dublin.

Ah nice thanks. I wondered cause mainland UK is what they said, so I assumed it was a way to avoid NI.

Lucky it didn't work tho the American site had all the samples I wanted whereas scent samples were missing a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I tried all sorts over the years for aftershave never really use eau de toilette or parfum, I'm a man after all. Anyways, current favourite is Givenchy Play but got Bleu de Chanel for Christmas from herself and I must say its the classiest I've ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Anyone any opinions on the Penhaligon scents, lads? Have Endymion, love it but not sure how well it projects. Thinking of getting another, between Sartorial, Opus and Blenheim.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Cyclepath

Comme des Garcons - Bleu Encens

• Advertisement

Anybody here picked up Creed in Lanzarote? parents are heading over butdont want to send them on a wild goose chase on their hols

130 for 30ml on BT :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

D'Agger wrote: »
    Anybody here picked up Creed in Lanzarote? parents are heading over butdont want to send them on a wild goose chase on their hols

130 for 30ml on BT :eek:

I thought most of those do be knock-offs no? :confused:

I thought most of those do be knock-offs no? :confused:

Nah it's tax free / duty free so aftershave works put cheaper over there, fairly well stocked on my usuals so the only thing I'd like is Green Irish Tweed but fairly certain they won't find it over there so said I'd check if anybody here has seen it over there...a hail Mary if you will :D

I'm very tempted to get myself Bleu de Chanel EDP. I have two bottles already so I don't really need it but I like it a lot. Never used EDP before either.

Gael23 wrote: »
    I'm very tempted to get myself Bleu de Chanel EDP. I have two bottles already so I don't really need it but I like it a lot. Never used EDP before either.

I'd be interested to know the difference myself.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

many many moons ago my old man had imperial leather aftershave and the smell was gorgeous

but you can't seem to get it anywhere nowadays:(

Spanish Leather from Geo F Trumper is what you are after.

https://www.trumpers.com/product_listing.cfm?subcategory=122

Nate

I'd be interested to know the difference myself.

Nate

I think EDP is stronger and longer lasting than EDT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭PMBC

fryup wrote: »
    many many moons ago my old man had imperial leather aftershave and the smell was gorgeous

but you can't seem to get it anywhere nowadays:(

And what about Old Spice?
    My favourite used be Eau Sauvage by Givenchy; Got it in Jeddah thirty years ago for next to nothing. KSA prices, at least up to last year, have jumped in leaps and bounds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭kingshankly

D'Agger wrote: »
    Nah it's tax free / duty free so aftershave works put cheaper over there, fairly well stocked on my usuals so the only thing I'd like is Green Irish Tweed but fairly certain they won't find it over there so said I'd check if anybody here has seen it over there...a hail Mary if you will :D

Have been using creed for years now and have never ever found it in Tenerife or lanzarote most shops have never heard of it even

Advertisement