Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Don't have both, but the EDP is good stuff. Can (used to at least) be able to get it in the splits thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Thanks frag420.

I've only ever tried the EDT (when passing through duty-free in an airport) and I really like it.
    I'll be in an airport on Friday so thinking I might pick it up, but not sure whether to get EDT or parfum.

Head over to bargain alerts thread, there is a fragrance thread there, that’s where I bought mine, the service from Padraig is second to none!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Pat is not currently doing that but he may bring it back next year

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

So.. I picked up a bottle of this, it is very very like Aventus in the basenote. No, it IS Aventus in the basenote. The Top note and dry down might be different, I can't really remember that aspect of the sample of Aventus I got that well, but still nice.

A thumbs up from me.

Nate
    Hi Nate, can you tell me where you picked up a bottle of the Club de nuit i really want to smell it the creed price tag is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

janja wrote: »
    Hi Nate, can you tell me where you picked up a bottle of the Club de nuit i really want to smell it the creed price tag is crazy.

Here ya go.

Nate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

Here ya go.

Nate

Thank you so much,

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bigronnie9

Here ya go.

Nate

Ordered this last night from beautifuleye....just got an email saying they can't deliver to Ireland and the order is cancelled. Disappointed really wanted to try it! Not sure does parcel motel work for fragrances?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

bigronnie9 wrote: »
    Ordered this last night from beautifuleye....just got an email saying they can't deliver to Ireland and the order is cancelled. Disappointed really wanted to try it! Not sure does parcel motel work for fragrances?

Club De Nuit Intense is on ebay as well if you have an account.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I think there's a lot of ridiculously expensive "designer" or "celebrity" stuff out there.

Myself, I like Davidoff Cool Water, Mexx and Paco Rabane.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bigronnie9

Passenger wrote: »
    Club De Nuit Intense is on ebay as well if you have an account.

Good man, just ordered it there! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭jefferson73

looking to get Dior Jules in Ireland or online from Europe, any help appreciated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Any opinion on terre Hermes? Before I buy it as a gift

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Any opinion on terre Hermes? Before I buy it as a gift

Very distinctive and generally well regarded frag.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭yogi37

Burberry Touch is my personal favourite. Received it as a present years ago and have been buying it since. My brothers and Dad all love it too and have started buying their own instead of constantly stealing mine.

I was talking to my colleague this morning, we were discussing colognes/fragrances as I have bought in the Fragrance thread previously and was telling him about it. The discussion moved onto one guy in the office who always smells nice, not over powering, very fresh smell all day everyday!! We were trying to figure out what it is and one of the girls mentioned body mist?

Has anyone tried these? Any recommendations?

We did think that it may just be our noses not picking up our own scents due to being familiar with the smell but open to any recommendations!

Also to note that the smell did not seem like a cologne/aftershave kind of smell, just a fresh out of the shower kind of smell if you get me!? Also the chap is rarely in the office so its difficult to ask him what he is using!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Davidoff Cool Water is my current fave fragrance and has a very fresh, but distinctly masculine, scent.

It’s one I heartily recommend!

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

yogi37 wrote: »
    Burberry Touch is my personal favourite. Received it as a present years ago and have been buying it since. My brothers and Dad all love it too and have started buying their own instead of constantly stealing mine.

Yeah it's very nice all right, very different to any other fragrances I've tried, always have a bottle of it in the rotation. Seems to go under the radar of most, people are always asking me what it is that I am wearing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

frag420 wrote: »
    I was talking to my colleague this morning, we were discussing colognes/fragrances as I have bought in the Fragrance thread previously and was telling him about it. The discussion moved onto one guy in the office who always smells nice, not over powering, very fresh smell all day everyday!! We were trying to figure out what it is and one of the girls mentioned body mist?

Has anyone tried these? Any recommendations?

We did think that it may just be our noses not picking up our own scents due to being familiar with the smell but open to any recommendations!

Also to note that the smell did not seem like a cologne/aftershave kind of smell, just a fresh out of the shower kind of smell if you get me!? Also the chap is rarely in the office so its difficult to ask him what he is using!

There are so many, there's no way to narrow it down unless you ask.

The only one I have experience with that has a fresh, soapy scent would be Thierry Mugler Cologne.

http://www.muglerusa.com/mugler-cologne-spray/M020401003.html?start=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jazzy g

Hi guys
    I'm a small bit of a frag head that's broken the golden rule of never blind buying a fragrance. In Debenhams galway a week ago. Bought 75ml bottle of terre d'hermes eau tres frarches. Have a sample of the edp.with which I love. Tres fraiche.is just OK going to the back of my collection. Is there any where I can trade or swap a fragrance in Ireland. Like to see it go to a good home.
    Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭chancer007

bought the Club de Nuit based on the recommendations in this thread,very impressed with it.
    keep'em coming :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,539 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The Armaf Club House derby gold is really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

chancer007 wrote: »
    bought the Club de Nuit based on the recommendations in this thread,very impressed with it.
    keep'em coming :)

Where did u get it???? Can't get Amazon to send to Ireland

Masala wrote: »

Parcel motel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

banie01 wrote: »
    Parcel motel it.

They have spotted that..... they not selling to NI

They have spotted that..... they not selling to NI

I've had some delivered as recently as last week via Beautifeye seller on Amazon and that was direct to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭chancer007

Hi,

I used parcel motel when I bought Club de nuit from amazon
    BR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

I used address pal

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭turkeyboy1990

Hi guys i was browsing around for the invictus edt original 2016 version and done a research via YouTube. I believe the bottle is foggy compared to a clear bottle 2018 version.

I have purchased it on boots:
    https://www.boots.ie/paco-rabanne-invictus-eau-de-toilette-100ml-10159531

I’m not sure if this is the og version but i would like confirmation without regretting and opening it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Ok we need to start a " What fragrance is similar to Club De Nuit" thread??

• Advertisement

youngblood wrote: »
    Ok we need to start a " What fragrance is similar to Club De Nuit" thread??

Creed Aventus, it’s a little know frag that’s gaining popularity haha

Advertisement