Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Was in the Canaries recently and they didn't have Creed anywhere so hoping to pick up some Green Irish Tweed for Christmas

I did happen upon a bottle of Versace Eros which I'm very happy with and have gotten a few comments on - keeps in line with what I already like - heavy but slightly sweet tones such as Armani Code, Jimmy Choo Man, Blue de Channel. Would recommend fo'sho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Heading to NYC soon - there's hardly anywhere there that does your Creeds and Tom Fords etc at a bit cheaper than BT et al do?!

I'm heading to the US soon too.
    If you are there for black Friday, I suppose there will be sales
    I don't know if the sales are on after that day though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Was coming through duty free yesterday and happened upon Oud Wood by Tom Ford.

My god it is divine.

I hemmed and hawed over buying it (100ml was US$305) but ultimately decided I couldn't justify spending that amount on an aftershave.

I've been fevently looking for it online for more sensible prices but its hard got for anything less than the price I saw it at.

I've never smelled anything like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭ofcork

Smelled that in bt cork before didn't do much for me certainly not as nice as aventus creed .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Surprised this thread has been so quiet
    Bleu De Chanel EDP is quite possibly the nicest and longest lasting fragrance I've used so far. Also liking Dior Homme EDT which I got a gift of recently.

On the other end of the scale is Tom Ford Anthracite, I don't know what it's supposed to smell like but I really don't like it. It's the only aftershave I have had on me that I felt the need to actually have a shower and wash off. Glad I only got a sample.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Likewise I actually bought Aventus Creed and anytime I wore it it smelt like piss. Must be related to body chemistry. I hated it but wore it anyway thinking maybe the girls liked it but never got a compliment wearing it. Never again. However clear mountain I thought was brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Obvious Otter

Polo Red and Bleu de Chanel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Has anyone tried Givenchy, "gentleman". I bought some in the states last week, it's divine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Has anyone tried Givenchy, "gentleman". I bought some in the states last week, it's divine.

I've used and have it and found it bland. Maybe I'm the exception. In relation to my post above, I ordered a 30ml bottle of Aventus Creed and when it hadn't shown up after 3 weeks I complained and they apologized and sent another. Both arrived the same week!! I now use DIOR HOMME which I love.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

The nicest fragrance I’ve ever bought has been Jaipur Homme eau de parfum by Boucheron.

First bought it a few years ago on a skiing trip in Andorra and have actively seeked it out since. Hard to find in stores, I usually buy it online.

The amount of times when I’ve worn it and it’s been commented on when greeted female friends or my wife’s friends with a kiss is like no other scent I’ve worn before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Was coming through duty free yesterday and happened upon Oud Wood by Tom Ford.

My god it is divine.

I hemmed and hawed over buying it (100ml was US$305) but ultimately decided I couldn't justify spending that amount on an aftershave.

I've been fevently looking for it online for more sensible prices but its hard got for anything less than the price I saw it at.

I've never smelled anything like it.

Have you not seen this thread?

Fragrance Splits

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Soarer wrote: »
    Have you not seen this thread?

Fragrance Splits

SShhhhhhhhh!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Iwouldinmesack

Has anyone tried club de nuit intense men by armaf, the cheaper alternative to aventus?

So.. I picked up a bottle of this, it is very very like Aventus in the basenote. No, it IS Aventus in the basenote. The Top note and dry down might be different, I can't really remember that aspect of the sample of Aventus I got that well, but still nice.

A thumbs up from me.

Nate

Did you get it from amazon, be interested in link, many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Did you get it from amazon, be interested in link, many thanks

I got it from this seller...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00M3IFUMK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Fierce by Abercrombie and Fitch. Yummiest smell on earth!

I got a bottle of this once for xmas. Loved the smell but it reacted very badly on my skin and felt like my neck is as burning

Needless to say my 16yr old son is as more than happy to have it

I have bought that before and I'll be honest, it smells exactly like Aventus and I found it actually lasts longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

bought and will report back!

Ok so my problem is I've no idea what Aventus is supposed to smell like but the above aftershave is the most complex smelling, ever lasting fragrance I've ever worn. Like I even go for a swim and can smell it off me after. The scent is v layered which I didn't know was possible, initially smells a bit strong but not over powering then becomes the sexiest scent I've ever smelled, smooth, smoky with a little citrusy spice, I've never recommended anything before but I think there's something in this fragrance for all after shave wearers

youngblood wrote: »
    Ok so my problem is I've no idea what Aventus is supposed to smell like but the above aftershave is the most complex smelling, ever lasting fragrance I've ever worn. Like I even go for a swim and can smell it off me after. The scent is v layered which I didn't know was possible, initially smells a bit strong but not over powering then becomes the sexiest scent I've ever smelled, smooth, smoky with a little citrusy spice, I've never recommended anything before but I think there's something in this fragrance for all after shave wearers

If you can, pop into a BT and get a smell or Aventus. I couldn't notice a difference at all and i own both. As I said, this one actually lasts longer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

this one actually lasts longer too.

How much longer because Aventus is beastmode juice. Like, 12 hours plus. :eek:

• Advertisement

Passenger wrote: »
    How much longer because Aventus is beastmode juice. Like, 12 hours plus. :eek:

Maybe my nose is just accustomed to it but I find that 2/3 hours later I can't really smell Aventus.

Im def gonna say lasts longer than 12 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Maybe my nose is just accustomed to it but I find that 2/3 hours later I can't really smell Aventus.

Some Creeds, and Aventus in particular, are notorious for the wearer no longer being able to smell it themselves, while others around certainly do!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Which seller did you get it off? The seller seems to change each time i click the link, and all say its the french version which is apparently much better?

I ordered anyway from beautifuleye, thanks for the heads up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Armani Eau de Cedre certainly is nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Hadn't used Lynx in years but I'm actually really liking their Tobacco and Amber fragrance and their Oud Wood and Dark Vanilla one!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I’m liking the new Armani Code Colonia. It’s a bit light as Armani tends to be but a nice fragrance

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Has anyone tried both the parfum & EDT versions of Terre d’Hermes? And if so, which would you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I am wearing the parfum today as it happens, never wore the EDT so cant comment on that but with the parfum...

I really like it, its long lasting, not too over powering, seems about right for the office too!!

Has anyone tried both the parfum & EDT versions of Terre d’Hermes? And if so, which would you recommend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

frag420 wrote: »
    I am wearing the parfum today as it happens, never wore the EDT so cant comment on that but with the parfum...

I really like it, its long lasting, not too over powering, seems about right for the office too!!

Thanks frag420.

I've only ever tried the EDT (when passing through duty-free in an airport) and I really like it.
    I'll be in an airport on Friday so thinking I might pick it up, but not sure whether to get EDT or parfum.

Advertisement