Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

I'm liking spice bomb at the moment, got the deodorant to try out and now gonna buy the fragrance

If you didn't have the wedge, get the shower gel. It gives off a nice bit of a whiff, but not too strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

My old man is over in my apartment and we're going on the piss, he asks me for some cologne, I offer him a few and he always says 'which one is the pussy magnet?'

So lads

I ask

What's your pussy magnet?

Boss Orange In Motion always did it for me

Creed Aventus by a country mile. I'm struggling to think of a time when I've had that on and not got some sort of compliment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Paully D wrote: »
    Creed Aventus by a country mile. I'm struggling to think of a time when I've had that on and not got some sort of compliment.

The same here never fails to get asked what is it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Just wondering how the Creed fragrances compare to more usual ones? I find a lot of designer fragrances to have a very 'artificial' kind of headachy scent to them. From what I've read, Creed use only natural ingredients.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Tom Ford - Neroli Portofino
    Just savage and I didn't have to pay for it cos ms brinty works in cosmetics and gets a certain amount every month to spend on stuff and cost prices
    hahahahahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

I had a sniff of the Dior Sauvage in Boots over the weekend. I liked it ( didnt buy it). It was a nice subtle scent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I had a sniff of the Dior Sauvage in Boots over the weekend. I liked it ( didnt buy it). It was a nice subtle scent.

All I can say is its taken over from Chanel Allure as my new favourite. Never thought that was possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Are fragrances cheaper online? I had a sniff of Sauvage this morning in Debenhams, would it be cheaper online somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Are fragrances cheaper online? I had a sniff of Sauvage this morning in Debenhams, would it be cheaper online somewhere?

Aye, you'd get them cheaper for sure but most reputable online sellers are based abroad and will have relative shipping costs so you're not particularly saving that much. To ensure you're getting quality juice you're best buying from a store, plus the likes of Debanhams will have seasonal deals (10% plus off) now with the festive season on the horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Just purchased a creed aventus deodorant stick today the quality of the can worth the money alone and smells great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Does anyone else find fragraces are hit and miss on them?
    For example I'd throw one on but the fragrance never seems to linger, thankfully it's only happened once or twice with presents but since then I try sample bottles until I know it suits my skin.

Tom Ford Noir, Tom Ford Gold, CK Shock, Blue Chanel seem to be the best ones, which luckily are what I rotate through at the moment.
    Blue Chanel gets by far the most compliments.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

razorblunt wrote: »
    Does anyone else find fragraces are hit and miss on them?
    For example I'd throw one on but the fragrance never seems to linger, thankfully it's only happened once or twice with presents but since then I try sample bottles until I know it suits my skin.

You could be experiencing olfactory fatigue with some fragrances. As in you're not smelling them but the people around you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Any recommendations from the Loop in Dublin gents? Will be passing through soon thank Jebus :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Got the oh kilian smoke for the soul and it's amazing, the nicest scent I've smelled since forever

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Passenger wrote: »
    You could be experiencing olfactory fatigue with some fragrances. As in you're not smelling them but the people around you are.

Possibly, but I've asked the wife to sniff test a few of them and she agrees they were weak.
    It would be great if that were the case though, that way it would open up the cupboard to more scents!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Got the oh kilian smoke for the soul and it's amazing, the nicest scent I've smelled since forever

+1
    Love all his stuff, have got myself 4 bottles since the turn of the year. Love the uniqueness of them.

Just putting this out there in case anyone is interested especially coming up to Christmas, but I chanced getting a split of Creed Aventus on the Basenotes forum on the recommendation of someone else.

I ordered 50ml which cost €60 all in for the product and shipping about 3 and a half weeks ago and it arrived at the beginning of the week. It was excellently packaged and in a lovely glass bottle with a great atomizer which sprays a cracking mist. They're generally the newer batches of Aventus but to be honest I've found no noticeable difference between the batches and I've had a few different ones ranging from new to old over the years.

Sure, it takes a bit of time between ordering and delivery (he waits until the full bottle has been split/accounted for and everyone has paid up before ordering the bottle, then it takes time to split and then obviously to be delivered) but to put into perspective the price - the cheapest you'll get 30ml of Creed Aventus these days for is about €110. So you're getting 20ml extra for almost half the price!

This is the guys thread. I'd highly recommend him and he has fantastic feedback from a large number of people who have bought from him:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370252-INTL-Postumo-s-Splits-Creeds-SHL-777-Bond-Xerjoff-Amouage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Clinique Happy for me. Quite an uncommon fragrance IMO, I like it and do get complimented but most women seem to love Paco Rabanne One Million... I'd prefer Invictus myself but it's not me I'm trying to impress. Bleu de Chanel is another people rave about but I can't stand it. Still used it all up though lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

Seems to be a lot of good feedback for Creed Aventus.

Paully D, can I ask what the story is with the price quoted on your link to Bassnotes? It says 500ml €48 for Aventus? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Seems to be a lot of good feedback for Creed Aventus.

Paully D, can I ask what the story is with the price quoted on your link to Bassnotes? It says 500ml €48 for Aventus? :confused:

Original bottle 500
    50 ml 48

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

Original bottle 500
    50 ml 48

That's grand thanks I figured it was a typo :D Might look into getting a bottle for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

armaghlad wrote: »
    Clinique Happy for me. Quite an uncommon fragrance IMO, I like it and do get complimented but most women seem to love Paco Rabanne One Million... I'd prefer Invictus myself but it's not me I'm trying to impress. Bleu de Chanel is another people rave about but I can't stand it. Still used it all up though lol.

I got a sampler of Clinique Happy free when I bought some skincare stuff and I haven't used it.
    I have the Deoderant spray of Bleu de Chanel and I love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Gael23 wrote: »
    I got a sampler of Clinique Happy free when I bought some skincare stuff and I haven't used it.
    I have the Deoderant spray of Bleu de Chanel and I love it!
    I think it's because my ex bought me it. Her oul boy also wore it. I found that a bit weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I'm in the market for a new fragrance. I'm running very low at the moment and I've a bit of cash to spend.

I'm a primary teacher in my mid-twenties, so I'd like one that I could wear in school. I don't want to knock anyone out - a nice subtle smell that isn't overpowering.

I've been looking around and I saw Terre d'Hermes mentioned. €50-60 would be my limit for a bottle. I'll be flying through Birmingham and Dublin over the next two weeks so I might be able to pick something up there (if its any cheaper).

I finally got it. A year of mentioning it to my girlfriend and she finally took the hint :p

It's a fantastic smell. I now need to start going to more special events just so I can wear it ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Just putting this out there in case anyone is interested especially coming up to Christmas, but I chanced getting a split of Creed Aventus on the Basenotes forum on the recommendation of someone else.

I ordered 50ml which cost €60 all in for the product and shipping about 3 and a half weeks ago and it arrived at the beginning of the week. It was excellently packaged and in a lovely glass bottle with a great atomizer which sprays a cracking mist. They're generally the newer batches of Aventus but to be honest I've found no noticeable difference between the batches and I've had a few different ones ranging from new to old over the years.

Sure, it takes a bit of time between ordering and delivery (he waits until the full bottle has been split/accounted for and everyone has paid up before ordering the bottle, then it takes time to split and then obviously to be delivered) but to put into perspective the price - the cheapest you'll get 30ml of Creed Aventus these days for is about €110. So you're getting 20ml extra for almost half the price!

This is the guys thread. I'd highly recommend him and he has fantastic feedback from a large number of people who have bought from him:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370252-INTL-Postumo-s-Splits-Creeds-SHL-777-Bond-Xerjoff-Amouage

Any of the listed fragrances you would particularly recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

I finally got it. A year of mentioning it to my girlfriend and she finally took the hint :p

It's a fantastic smell. I now need to start going to more special events just so I can wear it ha.

For me I find that less is more with TdH - if I put too much on it becomes overpowering and offensive. I find the Original spray bottle dispenses too much for my liking. But I have some decanted into a smaller bottle for travelling, and it sprays about half the amount. I find that much better, but I suppose it is personal taste.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

For me I find that less is more with TdH - if I put too much on it becomes overpowering and offensive. I find the Original spray bottle dispenses too much for my liking. But I have some decanted into a smaller bottle for travelling, and it sprays about half the amount. I find that much better, but I suppose it is personal taste.

Nate

I get what you're saying. I think I have the same bottle and I was shocked at how much came out when I sprayed. Nearly sprayed it into my eye.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Any of the listed fragrances you would particularly recommend?

I've tried most of the Creed's on his list but Aventus and Green Irish Tweed are by far and away the best IMO (Aventus over Green Irish Tweed all day long but others will disagree I'm sure). None of the other Creed's did a whole lot for me but I did only have small samples of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

I just tried to register on basenotes and got sent around in circles with no confirmation email sent. Am I missing something here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

It was just a glitch with their site. I got registered and ordered a 50ml split of Aventus from the link that Paully_D posted. Great price - thanks for the heads up.

Advertisement