Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

@ Paully D

Cheers for the heads up with Basenotes.Made my first order.looking at the site if this one works out well I will be using again.Great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Anyone fancy doing a local split on an Aventus 500ml?

Soleil D'Or do 500ml for €388. Five boardsies get together and get 100ml for less than €100?

bajer101 wrote: »

Soleil D'Or do 500ml for €388. Five boardsies get together and get 100ml for less than €100?

I would be interested if it was happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭moby2101

I would also be interested, it doesn't seem to be available at present tho'

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

bajer101 wrote: »

Id be interested too if can get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Count me in as well

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Ionutt

I see on boutique du parfum.fr if you register Creed Aventus (500ml) 323.33 euros plus 12.96 euros delivery charge. If anyone can confirm if is a legit site...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Ionutt wrote: »
    I see on boutique du parfum.fr if you register Creed Aventus (500ml) 323.33 euros plus 12.96 euros delivery charge. If anyone can confirm if is a legit site...

Is that without VAT? €388 seems to be the standard cheapest available for the 500ml Flacon. A quick search on basenotes show that a few people have asked about them this year, but no real positive responses.

Soleil D'Or would be my preferred option, as they are tried and trusted. But as has been pointed out, they are OOS at the moment. Apparently, that is not unusual for them as they hold low stock, and should have new stock soon. Another alternative is nose.fr, who have the same price and are legit and would also have free shipping.

If we were to do this, I'd have to leave it till after Christmas at this stage. I've never organised a split before and would have to arrange decent 100ml bottles for the decant. I'm not really interested in organising shipping either. Ideally, I'd like to arrange it with four other Dublin based boardsies. I'd actually even prefer if we met up and did the split in person to avoid any suspicion of dilution etc.

It's just an idea I had, as €388 is a great price for 500ml and is worth doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Ionutt

Looks like inc. VAT. Registered on it but on checkout it's paypal only thats why i'm confused if is legit or not...

I'm in Dunleer unfortunatelly to far from Dublin.
    Good offer on basenotes aswell I mite go with it for a 50ml creed aventus and a 50ml tom ford tobacco vanille. Hopefully not gonna wait over a month for them:))

This is the way to go to buy in 500ml and doing splits...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Recently got Sauvage and Spicebomb based on recommendations in this thread, both pretty nice smells, thanks to all who post!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Any recommendations for my dad for Christmas present? He's mid fifties but...he's been wearing joop for going on 12 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Did everyone who purchased a split of Aventus via Postumo on Basenotes get on okay with their order?

Paully D wrote: »
    Did everyone who purchased a split of Aventus via Postumo on Basenotes get on okay with their order?
    Not Aventus but I paid for a split of GIT on 3/12/15 and still haven't received the package.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,953 ✭✭✭OldRio

Got mine Paully and thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately the wife has hid it. Christmas present from herself to me.
    Hopefully I will be doing an order for GIT in the New Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Aye. Although I was expecting slightly more from all the raving reviews of packaging etc - in the end it was just wrapped in bubble wrap and put in a small box. Mine had also leaked slightly so the package rather smelt! Cap also doesn't fit the bottle quite right. These are just small minuses though and more reflective of my expectations than anything else. And the price just simply won't be beaten. He also put in a couple of small samples I asked for, of fragrances even more expensive than the Aventus. Re delivery: I noted some people in my 'batch' got theirs a good week before me so wouldn't worry if it's 'late'. Note of course that for most splits - AFAIK - he only orders the bottle after everyone has paid, so you're easily talking a couple of weeks lag there.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 smarty_mcfly

Jean Paul Gualtier - Le Male!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Yes paully I have gotten one awhile back as I would be on base notes s but never had a problem with delivery or quality
    Was in Harvey nicks today stocked up on aventus shower gel
    Won't restock the aftershave baslm as although it smell nice it's not the greatest quality compared to Clarins for men which is like silk

Can someone who has bought from Postumo on Basenotes check one of their tracking numbers and see how long it took to arrive once he dispatched it .

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

yabadabado wrote: »
    Can someone who has bought from Postumo on Basenotes check one of their tracking numbers and see how long it took to arrive once he dispatched it .

Cheers

That git never filled. He's still waiting on orders. Looks like he jumped the gun looking for payment.

That git never filled. He's still waiting on orders. Looks like he jumped the gun looking for payment.
    Mine was dispatched on 16th ,I was more wondering how long it took to arrive.Was hoping to have it for an xmas present but that's not looking likely now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anyone recommend a Tom Ford please? The likes of Tuscan Leather and Oud Wood seem to crop up a lot. Any fans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Oud wood & tobacco vanille are imo the ones to try first

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Anyone recommend a Tom Ford please? The likes of Tuscan Leather and Oud Wood seem to crop up a lot. Any fans?

I've tried Noir a few times and I like it. I'll probably purchase it when I've used up some of my current fragrances. I haven't experienced any other Tom Ford fragrances though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I've tried Noir a few times and I like it. I'll probably purchase it when I've used up some of my current fragrances. I haven't experienced any other Tom Ford fragrances though.

Try the neroli portofino or Costa azzuro
    They'll set you back a lot of money but they're great scents

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I'm out of my Chanel Allure Homme so in the market for a Fragrance. I love Chanel but might try something different this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Jean Paul Gualtier - Le Male!

Ugh no!

Got the Oh kilian love don't be shy for Xmas and it's without a doubt the closest thing to a nose orgasm ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Got a bottle of GIT for Xmas. It really is the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Any opinions on dolce & gabanna intenso? Tempted to buy a bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 33,218 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Anyone else think that the latest mens smells have got very generic?

I have had a few over recent months, and got a couple more for Xmas, and to be honest I don't notice a wil' difference in a lot of them. They must all share a lot of ingredients. For me it woul dbe hard to smell one and be able to pick it out straight away and say "ah, thats xxxxxx".

I think older smells were more standout-ish. I mean everyone knew they were smelling Cool Water when they smelt it. Or Joop. Or the standard Boss (Bottled? Grey?). Or Lacoste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,953 ✭✭✭OldRio

Well Santa spoilt me this Christmas. Tom Ford 'Pour Homme' and Creed 'Aventus' found under the tree.
    I wore the Aventus at two separate functions over the festive season. I was complimented at both on a number of times. Happy days.

Advertisement