Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petrol €132.9 Diesel €123.9

Options
123457»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Scottie99 wrote: »
    Just to let you guys in the Drogheda area know, that new Tesco petrol station has opened. Diesel 111.9 and I THINK petrol is 120.9

Thats 7-10c cheaper than any of their other garages for both! Cool! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

Here's today's breakdown of price as per refinery prices.

Unleaded $2.28 per US Gallon (3.8litres)
    € cost per litre = 44.8c (exchange rate 1.34, US gallon to metric divide by 3.8)

Government Duty, National Oil Reserves levy & carbon tax = 56.8c

Net ex vat cost at port = 101.6c
    Average distributor & retailer mark up combined = approx. 9c

Total average cost net of vat 110.6

Vat @ 21% means retail price for petrol over the next 2 weeks will remain at €1.34

The above figures are factual and taken from commodity pricing websites (refinery prices) and revenue commissioners websites regarding duty & carbontax.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Applegreen, and Tesco out near Malahide are both 127.9 for petrol and 117.9 for diesel!!

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Veg oil in @ 69 cent a litre :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

129.9 for unleaded in all stations in Maynooth.

E85 is 97.9c in Maxol tho. Knocked a fiver off the cost of my fill today. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Flyer1 wrote: »
    Veg oil in @ 69 cent a litre :P

I really have to get this biodiesel home plant up and running......
    The major by-product is glycerine- which I checked up and apparently once you go over very small quantities (100 ltrs/92kg) is a controlled substance......

Next step is to figure the legalities of using biodiesel- I imagine you have to pay duty etc on it? It might not work out as good a deal as I imagine......

Advertisement