Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Rachw444

I emailed them last night and they got back to me this morning saying I will hear a date for Dublin shortly 😊 so they must just have the Limerick ones organised first. Is it Dublin you are waiting on ? Yeah everyone is going to be in the same boat so making friends should be easy enough 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fudgey1994

Where would most people like to be based. I'm thinking Sharjah myself?😀

I applied for English and social studies and put Dubai, khalifa City A and Sharjah down as my preferences 😊 I hope the interview isn't too bad now.

Rachw444 wrote: »
    I applied for English and social studies and put Dubai, khalifa City A and Sharjah down as my preferences 😊 I hope the interview isn't too bad now.

When was your interview meant to be for?:) mine was for the 11th in the raddison blu Dub 8?

They never sent me an original date just the email to say the date had been changed to ignore the first email. There was obviously some sort of miscommunication because they thought they had sent one to me. I've been told I will get a date for Dublin shortly though 😊 let me know when you get your new Dublin date please

• Advertisement

They never sent me an original date just the email to say the date had been changed to ignore the first email. There was obviously some sort of miscommunication because they thought they had sent one to me. I've been told I will get a date for Dublin shortly though 😊 let me know when you get your new Dublin date please
    Will do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Breifne72

Just got an email back there, they haven't done the Dublin dates yet, they must be just sorting the Limerick ones first and then getting back to everybody else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Amal08

I'm currently in the process of sending off my application and video cv. In terms of interviews, are sabis only conducting interviews in Ireland? I live in England and feel that I might somewhat be disadvantaged if this is the case

What's everyone bringing to the interview with them? Do we have to get something done to our degrees first ? It mentions on the website getting documents attested or something has anyone done that? 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 16 lyons_92

What's everyone bringing to the interview with them? Do we have to get something done to our degrees first ? It mentions on the website getting documents attested or something has anyone done that?
    I just scanned mine and sent it in an email and they said that was fine! Same with my passport and criminal record but do need to bring the passport to the interview! I asked before do I need to have anything prepared before attending my interview? They replied with you don t have to have anything prepared for the face to face interview. So I'm guessing once you have gone through the general information sheets I & II and why intertested in teaching that kind of thing! I was gonna maybe bring a copy of my CV with me but I don't know what else? Anyone else have any idea?

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. Yeah I'm sure if they wanted anything else they would have requested it when you asked before. I think once you have prepared the information and have a cv with you that should be enough? I hope so anyway 😅

Thanks for that. Yeah I'm sure if they wanted anything else they would have requested it when you asked before. I think once you have prepared the information and have a cv with you that should be enough? I hope so anyway
    No problem! I hope that's enough too we'll soon see

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭figrolls123

I would love to be based in Dubai but I'm also okay with Abu Dabi, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar or Jordan.

I would love to be based in Dubai but I'm also okay with Abu Dabi, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar or Jordan.
    Dubai is my number one spot but I would be okay with Abu Dhabi, Al Ain or Sharjah haven't really looked into other places don't know anyone that has gone anywhere else other than Dubai, Abu Dhabi or Al Ain!!

I only know one person who went to Dubai but I'll definitely be up for an adventure once I get through the masters!

I only know one person who went to Dubai but I'll definitely be up for an adventure once I get through the masters!
    There is 3 people from home out there at the moment and I know of a few more that have gone and come back and they all love it!! Just gotta get through the interview on Tuesday and hopefully can start planning a new adventure!!!

Just got an email for my interview in Dublin, it's on on Wednesday the 11th of March!

I have mine Thursday the 10th March In Dublin too. Did ye get contracts or anything emailed to ye or just a date ?

I just got a date and time for the face to face interview! No contracts sent to me anyway! Did anyone get a contact sent to them?

Yeah my friend got his and they asked for it to be brought to the interview, I've emailed asking should we have received one aswell just incase we were meant to bring it but I didn't hear back yet.

• Advertisement

Oh I've my interview tomorrow and nothing was sent to me and when I asked the first time I got notification about a face to face interview they said nothing needs to be prepared so I don't know now!!! Bit late for me but hopefully they get back to you!

Ok well it must not be needed immediately so. Good luck tomorrow 🍀

Hopefully not!!! See what happens tomorrow!! Thank you kinda nervous but I'm sure it'll be fine it's just the not knowing what to expect!! Hopefully it goes well!!!

Ah nerves are to be expected! I can't imagine it would be too different to the Skype interview. You will be fine let us know how it goes 😊

Sure will I'll be on at some stage tomorrow and let ye know what's to be expected!

I meant the 9th of March, no nothing just the date. Why did you?
    I have mine Thursday the 10th March In Dublin too. Did ye get contracts or anything emailed to ye or just a date ?

No I didn't get one a friend of mine did though so i wasn't sure if we were supposed to have aswell. I was just checking in with others to make sure I didn't go without anything I needed.

Best of luck tomorrow! Yeah I got the contract sent to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mairead112

Had my face to face there today and from what I saw, people going for primary teaching or whatever with education degrees had contracts with them. He said it is harder to get teaching licenses in UAE for people without a Bachelor's degree so if you're doing the general TEFL programme that's probably why. Interview was more like a chat, they just want to see if you have the right personality. Really grand, sound Australian man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 mairead112

Had my face to face there today and from what I saw, people going for primary teaching or whatever with education degrees had contracts with them. He said it is harder to get teaching licenses in UAE for people without an education degree so if you're doing the general TEFL program that's probably why. Interview was more like a chat, they just want to see if you have the right personality. Really grand, sound Australian man.

Advertisement