Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jamilaabdi1

May i ask you did you get to choose when your interview was, I have my application completed but not sent back yet

They emailed me 2 days after sending my application to confirm if I'm available at a certain date and time.
    If ur not, I guess u can ask them to reschedule

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MightyMc92

I recently received my tefl cert and registered a profile with the Sabis Careers website and I am looking at teaching and academic jobs primarily in Dubai or Abu Dhabi. I got four results in this job search category(full-time contracts) two with Lebannon (Adma)and(Chouefait) and one in Amman in Jordan.The last one was in Al Ain but it was for people with 3 to 5 years experience so this rules me out as iv never worked with tefl before. Has anyone an insight into these places, what are the living conditions like or does anyone know any job vacancies going in Dubai or Abu Dhabi. Any help would be much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 needinghelp22

Hi there can someone please tell me how I can get garda vetted for sabis. I don't work for an organisation that does it for their employees. Went to a Garda station and just gave me a no. For the garda vetting unit but when I try to call them they won't answer. I'm in really need of help here.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Serafina_jah

Can somebody answer me this-

I received an email with instructions to fill in the application form and upload the CV video. Grand. The email says to reply to it with:

1. Completed application form.
    2. Your Skype username/ID
    3. Recent electronic passport photograph.
    4. Most recent resume.
    5. A simple 2 minute video CV (you can upload your cv to the link mentioned above)
    6. Best Time to contact you by phone (+ or - GMT Time) & full contact numbers with all dialling codes.

No. 3......... Do they want a photograph of you or your passport? The application form looks for your photo which I've uploaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Serafina_jah

I just had a Skype interview this morning with a really lovely lady from HR Sharjah but that doesn't mean that's where u will be allocated.
    She asked where I want to go and I said Dubai is my first preference but it can't be guaranteed.

Did you get the job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 mairead112

Hi guys, just wondering does anyone know how binding the contract is? I fully intend to go for the job and follow through, but say if I was offered an amazing job after I had already signed the contract, is it possible to get out of it?

Hi there can someone please tell me how I can get garda vetted for sabis. I don't work for an organisation that does it for their employees. Went to a Garda station and just gave me a no. For the garda vetting unit but when I try to call them they won't answer. I'm in really need of help here.

You can get another thing which is a garda clearance document. If you look it up you'll see how to do it, but basically you writing to your superintendent saying why you need garda clearance and all the places you've lived in Ireland. It takes two or three weeks to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

mairead112 wrote: »
    Hi guys, just wondering does anyone know how binding the contract is? I fully intend to go for the job and follow through, but say if I was offered an amazing job after I had already signed the contract, is it possible to get out of it?
    Definitely yes, I knew plenty of people who did that. You just might be blacklisted is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Amal08

Hi everyone, I applied for a job with Sabis via their Sabis Careers website about a month ago, and haven't heard back since. Do you know how long it takes for them to get back to people?

It can take weeks or months at least, punctuality is not their strong suit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Amal08

It can take weeks or months at least, punctuality is not their strong suit.

It'll be just a waiting game I guess, until I hear from the.

Do they tend to reply if you were not successful, or would I just have to assume that if I'm not contacted after a period of time then I'm unsuccessful in my application?

Amal08 wrote: »
    It'll be just a waiting game I guess, until I hear from the.

Do they tend to reply if you were not successful, or would I just have to assume that if I'm not contacted after a period of time then I'm unsuccessful in my application?

No they will almost certainly contact you at some stage. You must realise that they're looking for people to start in September, not next week, so they're in no hurry.

When I was there my room mate only showed up one week before lessons and was only told he got the job 10 days prior.

I got around 3 weeks notice because like you I applied around now. Although they did my interview in summer. I can't remember when they replied to me, but I believe it was sometime around May?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭figrolls123

Anyone else have an interview in Limerick in February/March

Anyone else have an interview in Limerick in February/March

I do, got the email yesterday, very excited. I wonder will they be holding them at UL?

mairead112 wrote: »
    I do, got the email yesterday, very excited. I wonder will they be holding them at UL?

I hope so! Could be in a hotel either? Have you heard anything about a date yet? Also how are you going about getting garda clearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 KillianMc89

Just wondering did anyone get a date for their interview yet?

No not yet! A friend of mine applied and hasn't heard back either. I asked for Limerick interviews and she asked for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fudgey1944

No not yet! A friend of mine applied and hasn't heard back either. I asked for Limerick interviews and she asked for Dublin.

I got an interview for 11th March in the raddison blu dub 8. Anyone else on the same day?

I'm the 1st of March in the Strand Hotel in Limerick!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Rachw444

Hi, have any of you been told you got the second interview but still haven't received a date yet ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Breifne72

Hi guys,

I've been shortlisted for a face to face interview. I had been told the interview was 7th March, but got an email there earlier to say due to change of location they were rescheduling and would let me know when they knew more..
    I've read lots on this thread about how awful sabis is, is it worth it at all? I'd mainly be doing it for the experience, and the money. I'm in my final year of my B.A, so I wanna get out and experience new things before coming back for my PME. :eek:

I'd be going out on my own also. Anyone else in a similar situation? Super nervous, especially if the school system is so awful.. but it's better than staying here for a year and earning feck all.
    Any and all support/advice would be much appreciated, thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 KillianMc89

Im in the same boat as yourself, had my interview originally set for the 10th of March in Dublin but I got the same email earlier, hope were not left waiting around too long for it to be rescheduled

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Rachw444

They just emailed me saying the same thing that the details have been changed even though they never sent me a first email to begin with. I know they are always a bit unorganised but I know a few people working over there with them and they love it so hopefully it will all work out 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 6 needinghelp22

Hey,
    I received an email yesterday to confirm my attendance for an interview on the 3rd March in the Stand hotel in Limerick, but today I received the same email about a change in location and they would get back to me. I really hope its soon cause I'm cutting time short with booking a day off work. Also does anyone know the success rate when you get this far to a face to face interview? I'm really hoping to go after all the work and want to get out of this counrty.
    P.s. I'm also on the same boat of travelling alone. I had friends that applied but decided to pull out.

Yea they seem to be all over the place! Haven't a clue about the success rate, but they seem to be crying out for teachers? Hope they get back to us soon, I just want to know my fate!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fudgey1944

I got the same email today, mine was originally for the 11th. Hope they contact me back soon, they seem to be very unorganised. I applied last year sent away a video CV, application form and got 3 references but never got chosen for a face to face interview.( which I was pissed about). Decided to try again this year and applied with last years application form and got asked to a face to face interview(strange).
    I have a friend out in Sharjah, who says he's never heard of anyone not getting the job when doing face to face, you just have to know your stuff (points method that kind of thing).
    I'm in the same boat as you guys travelling out on my own, and looking to get out of Ireland for awile and see new things.
    Everyone I know working for Sabis over there really seems to like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 lyons_92

Hi I got an email the other day as well saying 'Due to change of locations the details of your face to face interview have changed. Please ignore previous email. We will be sending new details shortly.' It was originally scheduled for March 3rd in the Strand Hotel. I received and email today saying that my interview will be on March 1st at the Strand Hotel in Limerick does anyone else have their interview on this date?

Within 10 mins of them sending the e-mail I had a call from them asking me to confirm my attendance next week I hadn't realised they had e-mailed me at this stage so they were pretty quick today!!

Also is anyone able to login to applicants.sabis.net/UAE to get the General Information Sheets I & II that we need to know about before the interview. I am unable to login and I want to download the information sheets so I can somewhat prepare for the interview next week.

P.S. I am also on the same boat as travelling alone. I do know a few people out there and they all seem to love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fudgey1994

What's your email and I'll send them onto you?
    lyons_92 wrote: »
    Hi I got an email the other day as well saying 'Due to change of locations the details of your face to face interview have changed. Please ignore previous email. We will be sending new details shortly.' It was originally scheduled for March 3rd in the Strand Hotel. I received and email today saying that my interview will be on March 1st at the Strand Hotel in Limerick does anyone else have their interview on this date?

Within 10 mins of them sending the e-mail I had a call from them asking me to confirm my attendance next week I hadn't realised they had e-mailed me at this stage so they were pretty quick today!!

Also is anyone able to login to applicants.sabis.net/UAE to get the General Information Sheets I & II that we need to know about before the interview. I am unable to login and I want to download the information sheets so I can somewhat prepare for the interview next week.

P.S. I am also on the same boat as travelling alone. I do know a few people out there and they all seem to love it.

I haven't gotten any contact from them since the email on Tuesday? Might contact them today. If we're all going on our own we'll make friends quickly sure :P

• Advertisement

Breifne72 wrote: »
    I haven't gotten any contact from them since the email on Tuesday? Might contact them today. If we're all going on our own we'll make friends quickly sure :P

I got a call from them yesterday. My interview was changed to the 2nd of March. Yeah it mightn't be any harm contacting them. They'll know you're keen anyways!

Advertisement