Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 chunkymonkey30

;)funky chicken that must be terrible having to wait, sorry i cant help as i know where im going hope people on here help and let u no!!!!! best of luck hope you find out soon:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 EB1992

I got an email telling me my contract was pushed to the 21st of August too, but I already got told Im going Ruwais!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 steph1990

Hey, I got an email today from sabis stating that my contracted start date had been changed from the 14th of August to the 21st, has anyone else received the same email?
    Also, is anyone still waiting to hear what school they have been placed in??

I got the same email but have already heard what school I'm in. Hope you hear soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 458

Hey, I got an email today from sabis stating that my contracted start date had been changed from the 14th of August to the 21st, has anyone else received the same email?
    Also, is anyone still waiting to hear what school they have been placed in??

Yes I got this e-mail as well. Do they want a hard copy of this? Must ask them. As far as I know the Ramadan finishes on the 19 th of August. I'm not sure if that's why they pushed it back. But anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 anie_bawny

Hi everyone,
    Just wondering if anyone knows if Sabis ever gives rent allowance as opposed to living in their accomodation? I'm not planning on applying until next year, however I would like to know this in advance as I do have cousins in the UAE and would prefer to live with them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Sinead2312

Hey all, anyone heading Dubai this august? I'm a qualified primary teacher, got a job in Dubai - I applied months ago though to be safe through teachanywhere, I think thats why lots of people find it takes so long to get a job, took me 3 months of just waiting. Any tips or anything for me for anyone around there? Are the schools tough going? My friends say it's ok and have a great life there , but I've heard stories from the higher up richer schools about very unruly students and even a student getting their own way because of who his parents were. . .

Hi, just wondering what school are you working with in Dubai?? Have got interview thurs with a school just finding it difficult to know if it's a good school.. You excited about yours??

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LadyLorr20

EB1992 wrote: »
    I dont even have my degree yet! wont be getting it until September when graduation happens :P so they told me to get a statement of results or a letter from UCD saying that I passed all my classes and will be getting a degree soon...then i have to go get it stamped by loads of different places

Hi EB1992,

I noticed you havent got your degree either? I wont even get my results till June, but I will be getting a certified letter from college saying I've done my final exams etc, and I am going to get it stamped by my UNI, Dept Foreign affairs and the embassy, but does it need a solicitor's signature too??? It didnt mention that in the email?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭namurt

Just thought I'd keep people posted on the attestation process. I sent off my documents to the Department of Foreign Affairs and got them back within the week. They came back as registered post so it's worth bearing in mind that you may wish to give an alternative address.

I contacted the Arab Irish Chamber of Commerce and got the price for three documents (my degree in Latin, the official translation, and my teaching council registration), it was ridiculously expensive so I checked with the agency if I had to get all three stamped and they said not to worry about the translation.

So, the other two documents went in the post today with a cheque for €201!!!!!

I'll let you know how quickly I get them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 afordy

Does anyone know if you go into the UAE embassy in Dublin, will they stamp your degree for you there and then and does this cost?

When I phoned the Embassy they gave me the number for the Arab Irish Chamber of Commerce. I asked them could I bring it in and they said no just post it in and then I can either go in and pick it up when it's ready or they'll post it back. I can't figure out how they work out their prices but for two documents it's €201 including return post.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply. Will you please post on this when you get it back. They can put the 2 stamps on it as well can they? As in the one from department of foreign affairs and UAE embassy?

Also, did you get a solicior to sign your degree?

I got it notarised by a public notary before I sent it to the Department of Foreign Affairs.

I sent it to the DFA myself, but I think there was something on the Embassy's website about sending it off to the DFA for you so there's no harm in phoning them to check. It would probably save some time if nothing else.

Great, thanks a mil, hope i get everything sorted by the deadline :/

When's your deadline?

I have to get everything sent off to Sabis 30th May but wont be able to post my degree of until at least Monday and Im just hoping they can put the 2 stamps to save on time! Are u doing all this for sabis as well? i wonder are they strict on the deadline :/

• Registered Users Posts: 29 RWNS

Hey guys,

Right I've jus started the process for getting my degree parchment authenticated, firstly by the university, then the DFA and last but not least the UAE.. I've been reading over past threads about the process and it seems like its a big ordeal?!

In fact I've contacted the DFA, who told me that I just need to pop into the office in Cork (passport office) and they will do it then and there.. Next I was told that the UAE embassy will stamp and post it back to me..

Once getting this all we have to do is scan the stamped copies and forward them on?! Right?! It does not mention sending them by post..

Any thoughts from people finished with the process would be great to hear from ye :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Laurie89

I have to email everything to Sabis by the 30th of May too, and I don't finish my exams until next week and I don't get my results until June and I'll literally be in the middle of Nowhere for the summer working on a kids summer camp that has no internet, so it will be interesting if I can get everything sent off on time :) I'm also leaving for the middle of nowhere on the 25th of May so I have a week to get things sorted.

Is there many people on here going to Kalifa City A in Abu Dhabi?

I know a few people on here got the same message as I got about the start date being pushed back until the 21st of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mcdbd

RWNS wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Right I've jus started the process for getting my degree parchment authenticated, firstly by the university, then the DFA and last but not least the UAE.. I've been reading over past threads about the process and it seems like its a big ordeal?!

In fact I've contacted the DFA, who told me that I just need to pop into the office in Cork (passport office) and they will do it then and there.. Next I was told that the UAE embassy will stamp and post it back to me..

Once getting this all we have to do is scan the stamped copies and forward them on?! Right?! It does not mention sending them by post..

Any thoughts from people finished with the process would be great to hear from ye :)

I think its fairly logical to assume that we have to post it. They used the word courier in the e-mail they sent to me. They want 16 passport photos. Why would you need 16, if you're only sending it electronically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ruth199

Hey I am going to Khalifa City A in August too. Have just started getting my visa requirements now! Got letter from college and got that attested by Dept of Foreign Affairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Katy_B

Hi everyone, I have sent my degree certs to DFO in the UK and included instructions for them to send it to the Embassy in London. I studied in Northern Ireland so I had to send it to the UK to be attested. I had to get it stamped and signed by uni and a solicitor before this.

I am also hoping that I get it back soon enough and then the email I was sent asks that it is couriered to the school.
    I received an email yesterday asking me to scan and email the documents to the school once they are attested to speed up the process.

Has everyone sent back the first page of the contract? I have only just printed it off, I'm guessing that we just scan and email it back?

Ruth199 have you heard anything from the actual school itself yet? Like flights or anything? :)

Katy_B I just scanned and emailed the first page back :)

I am going to khalifa a in august! Where are u coming from?t
    Laurie89 wrote: »
    I have to email everything to Sabis by the 30th of May too, and I don't finish my exams until next week and I don't get my results until June and I'll literally be in the middle of Nowhere for the summer working on a kids summer camp that has no internet, so it will be interesting if I can get everything sent off on time :) I'm also leaving for the middle of nowhere on the 25th of May so I have a week to get things sorted.

I know a few people on here got the same message as I got about the start date being pushed back until the 21st of August.

I contacted school and she said I was flying out on August 18th now have u heard anything?
    Ruth199 have you heard anything from the actual school itself yet? Like flights or anything? :)

Katy_B I just scanned and emailed the first page back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 RWNS

Hey,

I contacted the arab irish commerce and they have informed me that I must pay 136 euros in order for them to attest my qualification??!!

has anyone else heard the same??

Afordy, you should be ok to have it done by then. I posted it to the DFA because I'm not really in a rush but, as someone else mentioned, you can either call into them and they'll do it there and then (just the DFA, not the Embassy) or check with the Arab Irish Chamber of Commerce about getting both done. I'm doing it for ADEC.

RWNS, I had to get 2 documents done and it cost €201, it's insane to charge that much just to put a stamp on a piece of paper!!!

ruth199 wrote: »
    I contacted school and she said I was flying out on August 18th now have u heard anything?

I have been in contact with the guy I interviewed with in January in the Sharja school, and he said I should hear from the school in Kalafia, but I still haven't. No information about flights or anything really. All I know is that my start date is now the 21st of August

I'm from Limerick, but when I got the call to say I was placed they mentioned I'd be flying from Dublin. Is that where you'll be flying from?

God that's unusual that u haven't heard from school yet do u want the email address for woman who has been in contact with me? Yea I was told flying from Dublin now on August 18th! Do you know anyone else going?

I have been in contact with the guy I interviewed with in January in the Sharja school, and he said I should hear from the school in Kalafia, but I still haven't. No information about flights or anything really. All I know is that my start date is now the 21st of August

I'm from Limerick, but when I got the call to say I was placed they mentioned I'd be flying from Dublin. Is that where you'll be flying from?

God that's unusual that u haven't heard from school yet do u want the email address for woman who has been in contact with me? Yea I was told flying from Dublin now on August 18th! Do you know anyone else going?

I have also been in contact with a Claire, but she usually only emails me if I uploaded the wrong document, so I don't know if she's in our school or the one in Sharja. Who have you been in contact with? When did they get in contact with you about flights?
    I also only got placed maybe 3-4 weeks ago... When were you placed??
    Nope you're the first I've heard of going :D How about you? Know anyone going?

Sorry about all the questions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LadyLorr20

I am literally in the exact same position as you, however I am not going to be going away in summer! :)

But I wont be able to get certified letter from college either till next week when i finish exams, i was going to get the letter though on tuesday, and head to dublin to get stamped by DFA first and then just give it to the arab chamber, because i think they are suppose to keep it for 5 working days and then send it back?

Advertisement