Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 helena_coz

Yeah, thought as much. Thanks for the info!!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Alia89

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone's still waiting to hear for their second telephone interview results?

I'm still waiting, and I really do hope that its not bad news, I've been in the interview process since December and was re-assured after the second telephone interview that I will hear back from them between 7-10 days. I've sent a few follow up emails reiterating my keen interest and flexibility in terms of location and teaching any age group...to which I've got no reply. Can't help but wonder what's going on as I'm very much looking forward to work within the SABIS network. Was just wondering if anyone else is in the same position?

Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Katy_B

Managed to get all the relevant documents stamped and had them couriered last week. Just hoping they get there in time. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about flights, etc since?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 becksyl89

Hi all,
    I'm just wondering who else is going to Dubai? I got an email a few weeks ago that I got teaching with sabis in Dubai and now im freaking out thinking what am I doing?! I'm in the middle of getting my degree translated and that!! I'm sure there is some others in the same boat as me!! ha

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Funkychicken12

Katy_B wrote: »
    Managed to get all the relevant documents stamped and had them couriered last week. Just hoping they get there in time. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about flights, etc since?

Hi katyB just wondering how you went about getting your degree couriered? Who did you use? Did it cost much? I've never had anything couriered before so am a bit confused :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 873

Funkychicken, I sent mine with DHL through the post office. It was €26. I sent it on Wednesday and the school rang me on Saturday to tell me it had arrived!

873 wrote: »
    Funkychicken, I sent mine with DHL through the post office. It was €26. I sent it on Wednesday and the school rang me on Saturday to tell me it had arrived!

That's great, thanks for the reply :)

Hi katyB just wondering how you went about getting your degree couriered? Who did you use? Did it cost much? I've never had anything couriered before so am a bit confused :confused:

I got it couriered throught the post office also for around 28 euro. I haven't had any calls to say that it's been received though but I'm assuming it would be there by now.:)

Hi all,

Is anyone still in the interviewing process or waiting to hear back from the second interview? Or is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ShinNicE

Hey all, anyone heading Dubai this august? I'm a qualified primary teacher, got a job in Dubai - I applied months ago though to be safe through teachanywhere, I think thats why lots of people find it takes so long to get a job, took me 3 months of just waiting. Any tips or anything for me for anyone around there? Are the schools tough going? My friends say it's ok and have a great life there , but I've heard stories from the higher up richer schools about very unruly students and even a student getting their own way because of who his parents were. . .

I used teachanywhere.com and although they did get me the job over here... they're unreliable and not very honest when telling you about the schools. Also... the really good schools DONT advertise with teachanywhere.... try searchassociates.com (I think) or tes.co.uk. There won't be many jobs being advertised now and its VERY competitive trying to get work here.

The lifestyle is great over here, it really is fantastic. (there's a dark side... racism against other asians, complete disrespect for poor people etc ... us expats really live in a bubble)
    Best of luck in your search though. Keep looking but if you continue to use teachanywhere do your own research on the schools first. Don't trust everything they say and ALWAYS argue the salary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 ShinNicE

Hey I just confirmation that im being placed in ISC Dubai Green Community. Is anybody else going here? From what I've read it's only a new school, anyone else know anything about it?

I'll be teaching in that area but in a different school. Area is just outside city of Dubai but easily accessible by taxi. It is just a new school so no news about it. To be honest from what I've experienced, these SABIS schools are 90% Irish teaching staff (75% Cork/Kerry/Limerick :D). All the gaelic football teams (especially woments) and hurling teams are made up of choifeaters.

There's a huge Irish community over here so I wouldn't worry about the school. Sabis is all the same... they give you lessons (plans and resources) you have to teach exactly what you're told, theres a lot of marking.... (teaching in the UAE isnt great) BUT the weekends and spare time you have makes up for it times a million.

ShinNicE wrote: »
    I'll be teaching in that area but in a different school. Area is just outside city of Dubai but easily accessible by taxi. It is just a new school so no news about it. To be honest from what I've experienced, these SABIS schools are 90% Irish teaching staff (75% Cork/Kerry/Limerick :D). All the gaelic football teams (especially woments) and hurling teams are made up of choifeaters.

There's a huge Irish community over here so I wouldn't worry about the school. Sabis is all the same... they give you lessons (plans and resources) you have to teach exactly what you're told, theres a lot of marking.... (teaching in the UAE isnt great) BUT the weekends and spare time you have makes up for it times a million.

That's great to hear! V excited, thanks for the info :D

ShinNicE wrote: »

Hi ShinNice,

That's great info..so basically by the looks of it they're only recruiting Irish people...great. Looks like I'm out of the question for recruitment then as I'm not Irish. Still haven't heard anything from the recruiters after several follow up emails and even a phone call to their SABIS office. Still keeping optimistic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mcdbd

Alia89 wrote: »
    Hi ShinNice,

That's great info..so basically by the looks of it they're only recruiting Irish people...great. Looks like I'm out of the question for recruitment then as I'm not Irish. Still haven't heard anything from the recruiters after several follow up emails and even a phone call to their SABIS office. Still keeping optimistic though.

Hi Alia89

The guy who was interviewing me said they do recruitment in the US/ UK as well. I'm sure they would have a position for you in mind if you've had a couple of interviews. Don't lose heart.

All the best

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Truthful24

Hi all,

Is anyone still in the interviewing process or waiting to hear back from the second interview? Or is it just me?

Hi Alia, hope your well. Have you recieved your interview outcome????? Ive been reading your posts and Im also eager to know.. Ive got my interview in a few days.....:eek:

I had my 2nd telephone interview on the 29th April and haven't heard anything back, i've emailed my contact at Sabis but I've haven't heard anything, was wondering if any other UK candidates were in the same position?

Hi Aqib, hope your well. Ive been reading your posts. I was wondering whether you have heard back from Sabis? Ive got my phone interview in a few days and I was just wondering what they would ask in the phone interview and if a few others could also give a few ideas, (really appreciate it:))....... I applied in May for a September 2012 start. hmmm lets see how it goes.....

Hey guys, i was reading in a few posts that if you didnt have a PGCE you would have to do kindergarten teaching? is this correct? I wouldnt mind doing a PGCE in the Middle East, if it increases the pay!!! hmmm need to pass these interviews first to get to the M.E!!!!

I'm just wondering if people are getting vaccinations before going to the UAE? I'm not too sure if they are needed or not.

Truthful24 wrote: »
    Hi Alia, hope your well. Have you recieved your interview outcome????? Ive been reading your posts and Im also eager to know.. Ive got my interview in a few days.....:eek:

Hi Truthful 24,

Nope, still haven't heard anything back from SABIS. Just a bit worried as my recruiter did say that things will move a lot quicker this time and I shall know the outcome between 7-10 days but still nothing.

Contemplating whether to give their office another ring?

And good luck on your interview, its really nothing to worry about, just a few questions similar to those on the application sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mcdbd

Katy_B wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if people are getting vaccinations before going to the UAE? I'm not too sure if they are needed or not.

I'm getting them before I go. Waiting for plane tickets before I do anything though.

• Advertisement

Hi Truthful 24,

Nope, still haven't heard anything back from SABIS. Just a bit worried as my recruiter did say that things will move a lot quicker this time and I shall know the outcome between 7-10 days but still nothing.

Contemplating whether to give their office another ring?

And good luck on your interview, its really nothing to worry about, just a few questions similar to those on the application sheet.

Awww hopefully they will get back to you and definetly do post to let me know how you get on. Hey give them a call, just to be on the safe side, atleast that way you can relax abit as you know whats going on. Aww thanks yep, al see how the telephone interview goes on Sunday.
    I was just reading the notes over and it said teachers can save up to 15,000 dollars. i converted it to pounds and its only like 9k. Do you know anything about salary and how much we get paid????? Lol bit of a greedy question but just being slightly curious...:):p

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sophia1234

Hey i just got offered a job teaching English in a secondary school there too! no idea about anything else though! like you i just got the clothes memo! have you heard much about ruwais? its really difficult to get much substantial info on it!

sophia1234 wrote: »
    Hey i just got offered a job teaching English in a secondary school there too! no idea about anything else though! like you i just got the clothes memo! have you heard much about ruwais? its really difficult to get much substantial info on it!

Hey Congratulations!!!!!!! yay well done.

Hi Aqib, hope your well. Ive been reading your posts. I was wondering whether you have heard back from Sabis? Ive got my phone interview in a few days and I was just wondering what they would ask in the phone interview and if a few others could also give a few ideas, (really appreciate it:))....... I applied in May for a September 2012 start. hmmm lets see how it goes.....
    hey i had my first phone interview yesterday and second one today and they offered me the jobthis evening. The interview is really easy if you havent had it yet don't stress. Just read their general info sheet and the rest is common sense honestly. Good luck with it Thanks hopefully see you guys out there!

hey i had my first phone interview yesterday and second one today and they offered me the jobthis evening. The interview is really easy if you havent had it yet don't stress. Just read their general info sheet and the rest is common sense honestly. Good luck with it Thanks hopefully see you guys out there!

oky dats fine! Aww thanks!!! yep hope to see you there, keep us updated how it goes!!!!! Good Luck

oky dats fine! Aww thanks!!! yep hope to see you there, keep us updated how it goes!!!!! Good Luck

hey Sophia, is the general info sheet the 1 that is like 20 pages longs and it tells us everything about sabis- like school, policy, not meeting parents, accomadation etc?

hey Sophia, is the general info sheet the 1 that is like 20 pages longs and it tells us everything about sabis- like school, policy, not meeting parents, accomadation etc?
    yeah its the general info 1 question. I made a few bullet points on it nothing major and just threw in bits of infor about the school when i was answering and they seemed to appreciate it. Also when they ring you try to have a copy of your cv and your application form open so you can pretty much retell them what you told them in the application form as the questions are mainly just repeated in interview! good luck with it let us know how you get on!

thanks a tonne Sophia, yes sure, defo i will keep ya posted!!! :) thats smashing for your help, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JezZCaa...X

Hey,

Anyone heading to Muscat get their flight details yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Melli

Hey,

Anyone heading to Muscat get their flight details yet?

Hey @JezZCaa,
    Nope not yet, did u get the email saying we're flying out either the 11th or 12th?

Advertisement