Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 RWNS

Hey guys, just got word that I got a school in Abu Dabi! Anyone else receive any contact from the school regarding flight dates etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 RWNS

458 wrote: »
    LadyLorr20 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

did anyone get offers today from schools? I was emailed today from the school in Khalifa, but still unsure of what students I'll be teaching, just wondering if anyone heard the same or similar? :)

When did you do your interview. Did you ask for Khalifa? I haven't heard anything yet.

I got khalifa city A too! Have you heard from their representative yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 458

LadyLorr20 wrote: »
    I did my interview in March and I had asked for abu dhabi or dubai (I heard they were most popular) and they said they would try their best. Have you had your interview yet?

I interviewed in March also. Bout 4/5 weeks ago. Hmmm. Lets see how it goes. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LadyLorr20

Khalifa City A.. yep thats where I got too. No nothing from the representative yet, but I say she'll get in touch in a few days. Exciting! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lfarrell91

Hey just wondering if anybody got Ruwais or has anybody worked there before??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 redman87

Hi lfarrell91,

I too have been assigned to Ruwais. Don't know a whole lot about it. Have any guys been assigned to locations other than Ruwais? Or any anyone else been assigned to Ruwais? It seems like they have loads of places for women in Dubai/Abu Dhabi but unfortunately not a lot for lads. Maybe its just my experience.

Can't say they've been the most helpful to deal with either!!! I gave 5 locations in the UAE and Ruwais was definitely not one of them! :rolleyes:

redman87 wrote: »
    Hi lfarrell91,

I too have been assigned to Ruwais. Don't know a whole lot about it. Have any guys been assigned to locations other than Ruwais? Or any anyone else been assigned to Ruwais? It seems like they have loads of places for women in Dubai/Abu Dhabi but unfortunately not a lot for lads. Maybe its just my experience.

Can't say they've been the most helpful to deal with either!!! I gave 5 locations in the UAE and Ruwais was definitely not one of them! :rolleyes:

I'm very confused at the moment. I've got an e-mail sitting in my inbox asking me for my degree to be authenticated. My degree is from a British University. But I'm from Ireland. Do I have to go to the British or Irish Department of Foreign Affairs to get it authenticated? Anyone in this situation?

I have to send my documents to Abu Dhabi city, so I presume that's where I'll be working. I'm a man. I wanted Dubai or Sharjah for personal reasons, but I'm not sure yet if they mean to ship me off to Ruwais when they get all my documents. Ooof. Confused :confused:

I'd say that definitely means your based in Abu Dhabi, good for you, seems to be a great place!!! Ya they asked me for the same thing i'm not entirely sure what it means, are our degree certificates not already authenticated from the stamp etc here's what mine said

"A copy of your university certificate, first stamped by the university, then by the ministry of higher education followed by the ministry of foreign affairs and finally the copy should be stamped by the UAE embassy in Dublin."

All thats missing there is for me to get it stamped in Hogwarts by the ministry of magic or something!!! :pac: Quick question 458, is your degree teaching based? They said to me they had a lot of teachers applying more so this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Katy_B

I'm very confused at the moment. I've got an e-mail sitting in my inbox asking me for my degree to be authenticated. My degree is from a British University. But I'm from Ireland. Do I have to go to the British or Irish Department of Foreign Affairs to get it authenticated? Anyone in this situation?

I have to send my documents to Abu Dhabi city, so I presume that's where I'll be working. I'm a man. I wanted Dubai or Sharjah for personal reasons, but I'm not sure yet if they mean to ship me off to Ruwais when they get all my documents. Ooof. Confused :confused:

Hi I got the same email from school in Abu Dhabi. I'm hoping that is where I'll be based, I'm assuming it is as they said the next contact we would have would be from assigned school.
    I studied in a uni in Northern Ireland so I was also wondering where I should my degree attested.
    They have asked for a copy of the degree to be attested and also for a transcript for the degree to be stamped by the uni? I'm just wondering if anyone knows what they mean by this?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JezZCaa...X

Hi all,

I got placed in Muscat, Oman after asking specifically for Dubai, Abu Dhabi or anywhere in the UAE!

Anybody else get placed in Muscat?

• Advertisement

@Redman87: No I don't have a teaching qualification. I have a degree in science.

@Katy_B: It would be no harm to ring up the Irish DFA. :cool: Yes I'm sending a photocopy of my degree cert to my university and they'll stamp it to show that its a true copy. Sending the transcript as well. Then off to the solicitor, then off to the DFA, then off to the UAE embassy. Clockwork! Not fancying the courier cost to the UAE though. Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Katy_B

@Redman87: No I don't have a teaching qualification. I have a degree in science.

@Katy_B: It would be no harm to ring up the Irish DFA. :cool: Yes I'm sending a photocopy of my degree cert to my university and they'll stamp it to show that its a true copy. Sending the transcript as well. Then off to the solicitor, then off to the DFA, then off to the UAE embassy. Clockwork! Not fancying the courier cost to the UAE though. Ouch.

do you know if you have to get a solicitor to sign it? I thought at first that you did but the email that they have sent only asks that its stamped 3 times, by the uni, DFA and UAE embassy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 2206

I also got ruwais.. And I asked for any of the others.. I to have science! It's 240km from Abu dhabi.. 245mins!!!

Sorry 2nd 45mins

Katy_B wrote: »
    do you know if you have to get a solicitor to sign it? I thought at first that you did but the email that they have sent only asks that its stamped 3 times, by the uni, DFA and UAE embassy.

Yes that's correct, but on the DFA website it says about taking your degree cert to a solicitor or public notary to verify the degree certificate is legally valid. There's more information on the DFA website. I rang them today and they said I'd have to take the photocopy of my degree certificate to a solicitor to get it signed. Maybe the solicitor doesn't actually have to sign the certificate itself. I don't know. Should have asked that.

I was reading another thread on this website about a guy who had approached the UAE embassy and they had recommended the Irish - Arab chamber of commerce. Seems they do the whole thing for you for a fee. You could look into that.

@JezZCaa...X That seems very strange, they seem to pick locations very randomly!!! Any idea what you are going to do?
    @2206 Seem to be a fair few heading to Ruwais so, you def gonna accept it?

Any other years i've seen people go for this they nearly always get their preference or something close to it anyway, telling you your going to be in the UAE and then trying to send you to Muscat is a bit rich!! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 1910

@JezZCaa...X I know people who are in Muscat this year and love it so I wouldn't be too worried about that!

I'm still waiting to hear where I'll be going!

I wud of loved to have spoken to someone who is there., js seems sooo far.. Not what I'm used to.. V small city.. Jus worried now.. I know people in dubai n Abu dhabi

Ya I know loads of people in Abu Dhabi and Dubai too so its disappointing, I suppose if there's a good crowd of us there it'll be a bit of craic maybe!! It is very far out, don't know anyone who's there at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lfarrell91

Hey 2206, I got ruwais aswell and I accepted it... I know its small but sure you can go visit abu dhabi and the bigger cities at the weekends, they're only a bus journey away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭M442

Just got the e-mail from Sharjah!!!! I'm in my final year in University so I have to send them a letter from the University stating that I will be finished in May. Is that right? I feel bad for all of you getting degrees stamped, sounds like a major hassel and expense!!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭namurt

I've gotten a job in Abu Dhabi with ADEC. Went to a notary yesterday to start the paperwork process. For anyone interested it was €50 for 3 documents. The next step is to send them to the Department of Foreign Affairs. Not sure whether it's better to post them or go in so will give them a call tomorrow to see what they say. According to their website it's €20 per document. I know it probably sounds like an expensive process but to be honest I spent a hell of a lot more posting off all the ridiculous requirements for job applications last year. At least I know I have a job at the end of all this. :)

Wats ADEC? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 aidey123

I was just wondering if anyone has been offered Umm Al Quwain? Trying to find anything about it and not getting very far. Has anyone even heard of the place? I was told we'd be living in Sharjah and it's a short distance to school every day?

I wudn say ur far if they have u living somewhere else cos as far as I know dey supply ur transport to school.. n Sharjah is only 20mins from Dubai! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Please do not use text speak. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DeeDee90

Hey, saw your posts and just thought I'd let you know that I'm living in Ruwais now and not much to do but we head out to Abu Dhabi or Dubai most weekends cause its cheap to get there.

Its good craic, its not a city but we make it our own, at the moment there are about 20/30 Irish graduates. Everyone is friendly and the school provide free buses to Abu Dhabi at the weekends because of the rural locality. There is a hotel (and BRUNCH, which is good craic) where you can go to the pool, beach etc

Think you guys maybe out on the 14th of August but we'll be back out on the 23rd/24th? give or take a day.

About 20 of us are returning for second and third years. Hope this helps, any more questions just get in contact. How many of you's are coming out? quite a few from Munster and a few from Leinster here. Where you guys from?

namurt wrote: »
    I've gotten a job in Abu Dhabi with ADEC. Went to a notary yesterday to start the paperwork process. For anyone interested it was €50 for 3 documents. The next step is to send them to the Department of Foreign Affairs. Not sure whether it's better to post them or go in so will give them a call tomorrow to see what they say. According to their website it's €20 per document. I know it probably sounds like an expensive process but to be honest I spent a hell of a lot more posting off all the ridiculous requirements for job applications last year. At least I know I have a job at the end of all this. :)

Did your notary sign your degree certificate? Did you have to bring in the original. How does the process work?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 afordy

Hi Namurt...What ADEC? And also just wondering what are the 3 documents? I thought it was just our degree certificate that we needed to get stamped?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Melli

Hey @JezZCaa

I got placed in Muscat too, I've a friend out there and she loves it so I'm happy to accept and hope for the best :) Fingers crossed we'll like it!

Advertisement