Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 steph1990

steph1990 wrote: »
    Oh that's okay then :). Hopefully we hear this week. I just said the UAE but am hoping for Dubai. It seems everyone wants there so probably won't get it, I don't mind really. Where was your preference?

I said the UAE too, definately seems the most popular! really hope so anyway the waiting is hard:confused:

I know I'm going crazy waiting. If I don't hear soon I may email them cos they did say someone would be in contact by the end of April like

Okay so I just got my email, I got Doha, anyone else get there? Was not my choice at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 NiamhH1988

Hi Steph 1990
    I just got offered Doha yesterday too, i was really freaked at the start because I was hoping for the UAE but im starting to think it'll be great. Did you reply??:)

NiamhH1988 wrote: »
    Hi Steph 1990
    I just got offered Doha yesterday too, i was really freaked at the start because I was hoping for the UAE but im starting to think it'll be great. Did you reply??:)

Oh thank god someone else did too ha I wasn't happy when I got it but I looked it up and seems great! I emailed them saying that my contract was for the uae and could I change but they said no so I'm just gonna take it, you taking it yeah? If a good few of us go we'll be fine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 NiamhH1988

Ye i was going to do the same but seeing as they said no to you im sure its the same for me. Exactly i'd say there will be quite a few going, a friend of mine is in the UAE and he said he knows of a few people over in Doha who love it. Im sure it'll be great:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JezZCaa...X

Melli wrote: »
    UAE was my second choice because I don't know anyone out there. Muscat was number one, purely because my friend is staying a second year. Otherwise I would have opted for UAE. I can't wait, kinda nervous though, prob won't hit me til I'm in the airport that I'm actually off :)

I'm the same! I'll say we'll all get some shock in the airport over there! :D

• Advertisement

oh thats great :), was talking to my friend there too and her dad is from there and he said its a great place, excited now :). I wonder if we'll all fly out together..hopefully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Funkychicken12

Hey!! Im still waiting to hear :confused:
    Anyone else in the same boat?

Hey!! Im still waiting to hear :confused:
    Anyone else in the same boat?

I'm sure you'll hear by the end of the week, I was going mad waiting but they'll get in touch. Email them next week if they don't

• Registered Users Posts: 9 EB1992

hey! I got Ruwais too, but I'm teaching English! Was anyone who is going there given any information about dates your leaving? or any info at all really other than what clothes its suitable to wear!

I'm sure you'll hear by the end of the week, I was going mad waiting but they'll get in touch. Email them next week if they don't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Melli

I'm the same! I'll say we'll all get some shock in the airport over there! :D

Haha Few scoops in the departures lounge will sort us out...start as we mean to go on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JezZCaa...X

Melli wrote: »
    Haha Few scoops in the departures lounge will sort us out...start as we mean to go on :D

Oh, fact! :D
    Did you get any info on dates we're leaving or accomodation or anything like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Melli

Oh, fact! :D
    Did you get any info on dates we're leaving or accomodation or anything like that?

the contract I signed said we'd be starting on the 14 aug so I presume we'll be heading out the 12th or 13th but that was a UAE contract so it might be different now that we have Oman. Think accom is 2 and 3 bedroom apts, they pick ur roomies & supposedly we're only 5 mins drive frm school, bus collects us every morning! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Camog88

EB1992 wrote: »
    hey! I got Ruwais too, but I'm teaching English! Was anyone who is going there given any information about dates your leaving? or any info at all really other than what clothes its suitable to wear!

The only other info I got was a handbook from the school. In the contract we signed it says we start the 14th so maybe we leave a few days before that? Has anybody started getting their degree stamped yet? It would be great to hear from anyone from previous years of the easiest way of getting it done!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 458

Camog88 wrote: »
    The only other info I got was a handbook from the school. In the contract we signed it says we start the 14th so maybe we leave a few days before that? Has anybody started getting their degree stamped yet? It would be great to hear from anyone from previous years of the easiest way of getting it done!:)

Easiest way is to give it to a legalisation/ authentication company and they'll do it all for you for a charge. If your degree is from an Irish university, I wouldn't bother. You could get it all done yourself in a few days. My degree is from a British university, so I'm using a UK service to get it all done for me ( I don't think I can get it done on time by myself). The cost is about 200 GBP and I'll get it back in about 4 to 6 working days. That includes UK solicitor, FCO and Brit UAE embassy stamp. Excludes my university's stamp.

Get your university to stamp your degree photocopy. Then go to a solicitor or public notary. Call into the Department of Foreign affairs after that and then you're off to the UAE embassy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ally_ally

biddy boop wrote: »
    Hey Alia89, Ally_ally and Redstripes any news from your interviews??

Hey Biddy Boop,

Sorry I only saw your comment now. Yeah, I had the telephone interview, then the face to face interview in March. Was told there and then that I got the job!

Very annoyed though, I asked if I could be placed with a friend, they said It wouldnt be a problem. My friend got an email a few weeks ago saying she was placed in Khalifa. I only got my email yesterday saying I'll be in Doha. It wasnt even in my top three.

I've emailed sean cooney, and 2 others, none of them have replied yet. Does anyone have any experience transferring schools? Or whats Doha like? Anyone else going there in 2012??

Cheers!

Ally_ally wrote: »
    biddy boop wrote: »
    Hey Alia89, Ally_ally and Redstripes any news from your interviews??

Hey Biddy Boop,

Sorry I only saw your comment now. Yeah, I had the telephone interview, then the face to face interview in March. Was told there and then that I got the job!

Very annoyed though, I asked if I could be placed with a friend, they said It wouldnt be a problem. My friend got an email a few weeks ago saying she was placed in Khalifa. I only got my email yesterday saying I'll be in Doha. It wasnt even in my top three.

I've emailed sean cooney, and 2 others, none of them have replied yet. Does anyone have any experience transferring schools? Or whats Doha like? Anyone else going there in 2012??

Cheers!

Hey I'm goin Doha too, found out yesterday. Asked for uae and that's where I signed my contract for so I emailed Sean cooney and hrsharjah. Sean cooney never replied and the other said that I could stay in Doha or cancel my contract as they couldn't place me anywhere else. Seems to be a nice place, big city kinda. I'd say it will be fine once there's a few of us :).

Camog88 wrote: »
    I dont even have my degree yet! wont be getting it until September when graduation happens :P so they told me to get a statement of results or a letter from UCD saying that I passed all my classes and will be getting a degree soon...then i have to go get it stamped by loads of different places

• Registered Users Posts: 8 siobhan21

Hey i'm in Ruwais at the moment teaching :) as far as i know first years are either coming 16 or 22 of August not too sure :) you looking forward to it ??

Hey I am in Ruwais at the moment... you will first need to photocopy your degree. .. then get in signed by your college .. and also by a witness ... (guard or someone ) just to say they have seen the original ... then what i did was go to Dublin and went first to ministry of Education .. then to foreign affairs .. then embassy ... as embassy send it away to be stamped ... the whole process was like 245 euro or something ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 lfarrell91

siobhan21 wrote: »
    Hey I am in Ruwais at the moment... you will first need to photocopy your degree. .. then get in signed by your college .. and also by a witness ... (guard or someone ) just to say they have seen the original ... then what i did was go to Dublin and went first to ministry of Education .. then to foreign affairs .. then embassy ... as embassy send it away to be stamped ... the whole process was like 245 euro or something ..
    hey siobhan, I'm heading to Ruwais in august, what's its like? Is it as quiet as everyone says? what is the accommodation like?

siobhan21 wrote: »

Hi siobhan do you know if it's the same for if you don't have your degree yet and are just using your college results? I think they said just to get it stamped by the college then get a letter from them? I'm so confused on it all

lfarrell91 wrote: »
    hey siobhan, I'm heading to Ruwais in august, what's its like? Is it as quiet as everyone says? what is the accommodation like?

Hey !!! It is not as bad as everyone makes it out at all.. OK it is quiet .. but there is a good Irish community here and there is always something going on .. and we always plan trips away to Abu Dhabi and Dubai ... also there is a 5 star Hotel only 20 mins away The Danat it is like Paradise in the middle of the Desert!! So it's not all bad at all!!!
    We just brand new apartments in the last few weeks which are amazing!!! where are you from?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lfarrell91

sounds good to me!!.. From westmeath... you?? Are they two bedroom apartments or what? Are you going back out in august?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Camog88

Thanks Siobhan!! Thats great to hear about the degree that I can just to to these places and get them to stamp it. Do we send it tdirectly to the school then or can we scan it up? Sorry for all the annoying questions!! :P I'm actually coming around to getting placed in Ruwais....it sounds like there is a good community there so thats good!:D What is the school like? Nice place to work??:) I wonder when we find out what we'll be teaching....so excited to hear!! I'd love to hear when we're definitely flying out too so that I can let my current workplace know!! Fun times ahead...........bring on Ruwais!!;)

I'm delighted to find out other people are heading Ruwais! was getting worried i was the only one :-P good to know theres other irish people there too, will be a little piece of home away from home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 458

I have two questions for anyone who's out in the UAE at the moment. Perhaps you can answer them.

1) What shots do you have to get for the UAE? Health checks? I think they said something about a chest x-ray.

2) Whats the orientation like when you get there? Do you get stuck into induction training straight away, or do they you give you some time to get yourself together? I'm afraid I never travel that well. It takes me a few days to recover from a plane journey

Thanks.

Hi siobhan do you know if it's the same for if you don't have your degree yet and are just using your college results? I think they said just to get it stamped by the college then get a letter from them? I'm so confused on it all

I'm not too sure as far as i know once your have a copy of your results and get it stamped from the college that should be fine... most people don't receive their certs till October ... so you could just get a family member to get it stamped for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 adlima

458 wrote: »
    I have two questions for anyone who's out in the UAE at the moment. Perhaps you can answer them.

1) What shots do you have to get for the UAE? Health checks? I think they said something about a chest x-ray.

2) Whats the orientation like when you get there? Do you get stuck into induction training straight away, or do they you give you some time to get yourself together? I'm afraid I never travel that well. It takes me a few days to recover from a plane journey

Thanks.

Hey. There's no requirement for any shots to be got before you arrive in the UAE. It's very safe health wise, but it would be no harm to get the main ones done if you plan on doing much travelling. You will have to do a health check up as part of your visa process when you arrive. There is a chest x-ray as part of it but you would be wasting your time getting it done before you leave because it must be done in the UAE.
    You'll prob start your training fairly soon after you arrive. We just had a day before training started when we first came.

• Advertisement

Hey, I got an email today from sabis stating that my contracted start date had been changed from the 14th of August to the 21st, has anyone else received the same email?
    Also, is anyone still waiting to hear what school they have been placed in??

Advertisement