Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 458

DeeDee90 wrote: »
    Hey, saw your posts and just thought I'd let you know that I'm living in Ruwais now and not much to do but we head out to Abu Dhabi or Dubai most weekends cause its cheap to get there.

Its good craic, its not a city but we make it our own, at the moment there are about 20/30 Irish graduates. Everyone is friendly and the school provide free buses to Abu Dhabi at the weekends because of the rural locality. There is a hotel (and BRUNCH, which is good craic) where you can go to the pool, beach etc

Think you guys maybe out on the 14th of August but we'll be back out on the 23rd/24th? give or take a day.

About 20 of us are returning for second and third years. Hope this helps, any more questions just get in contact. How many of you's are coming out? quite a few from Munster and a few from Leinster here. Where you guys from?

Do you know if you can stay in the UAE during the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭namurt

ADEC is the Abu Dhabi Education Council. I got the job by applying with teachanywhere.

I had to bring the originals and a photocopy and the notary just signed and stamped the photocopies. The info we got was that they should stamp the back of the originals as well but he said there's no way the original should be "defaced". I rang the Department of Foreign Affairs today and they said they just need the notarised copies.

The three documents were:
    1. My actual certificate
    2. The official translation of the certificate because it's in Latin
    3. My teaching council registration because I did a B.Ed and they won't accept just your degree as proof of teaching...or something like that.
    Different companies may have different requirements though so just go with whatever you've been advised.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 afordy

Am very confused about getting my degree stamped. Firstly do we only get our photocopied degrees stamped? Second, they said we need 3 stamps, one from university, one from department of foreign affairs and one from UAE embassy in Dublin so why are people saying we need a solicitor to sign it? Lastly, in the email they sent they say "Also note that we would like you to get the photocopy of the transcript for your degree stamped by the University as a true copy. We do not require any other stamp on this document." after saying we need 3 stamps??? Would love if anyone could simplify this a little bit? :)

afordy wrote: »
    Am very confused about getting my degree stamped. Firstly do we only get our photocopied degrees stamped? Second, they said we need 3 stamps, one from university, one from department of foreign affairs and one from UAE embassy in Dublin so why are people saying we need a solicitor to sign it? Lastly, in the email they sent they say "Also note that we would like you to get the photocopy of the transcript for your degree stamped by the University as a true copy. We do not require any other stamp on this document." after saying we need 3 stamps??? Would love if anyone could simplify this a little bit? :)

You need the solicitor (or public notary) to sign the photocopy of the degree cert, so the DFA can authenticate it.

For the transcripts you just need the university's stamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭maggie_cork

458 wrote: »

Hey yes you can stay in UAE in summer.
    The accommodation provided by your employer is yours for as long as your contract. so for example if yours is a 2 year contract u will have accommodation

Will tel you though that Im unsure if you will want to stay for the summer as it will be HOT HOT HOT!!!!

also your school will be providing your flight home in summer time, so if you decide to stay on just ask the schol for the price of the flight in cash instead, I know people who do that when they want to travel around UAE for summer they take the money and put it towards their own flight

• Advertisement

Hey yes you can stay in UAE in summer.
    The accommodation provided by your employer is yours for as long as your contract. so for example if yours is a 2 year contract u will have accommodation

Will tel you though that Im unsure if you will want to stay for the summer as it will be HOT HOT HOT!!!!

also your school will be providing your flight home in summer time, so if you decide to stay on just ask the schol for the price of the flight in cash instead, I know people who do that when they want to travel around UAE for summer they take the money and put it towards their own flight

That's good to know. :D. Well I wouldn't worry too much about the heat. I think the cold is the worst. Back in the cold snap there, we had minus 15 degrees on one day. There was frost on the inside of the window and I had to wear a coat and hat in the house. Brrrrrrrrrrrr :eek:

That's good to know. :D. Well I wouldn't worry too much about the heat. I think the cold is the worst. Back in the cold snap there, we had minus 15 degrees on one day. There was frost on the inside of the window and I had to wear a coat and hat in the house. Brrrrrrrrrrrr :eek:

OOh jeany!!! well it will be a complete flip so when you get here to UAE.. it was 38degrees today.. LOVE IT!!! sorry to rub that in!! but you will have it soon enough yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DeeDee90

Yea you can, your visa should allow you too..maybe not in the accommodation provided for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Katy_B

At our interview we were told that you can stay there for the summer :)

Yip defo can stay here in the summer.. I know people who did last year and are again this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 JezZCaa...X

Melli wrote: »
    Hey @JezZCaa

I got placed in Muscat too, I've a friend out there and she loves it so I'm happy to accept and hope for the best :) Fingers crossed we'll like it!

Oh thank God, it's not just me! ha! Did you ask for the UAE in the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 bluebee

Hey! I was convinced from my interview that I had Sharjah, but I actually got Muscat! Are you two excited?? I've a few documents to sort out still, but I can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Katy_B

Hi I'm just wondering if any1 else studied in the UK? I have to get my degree attested in England so I need to send everything there and then onto the Embassy in London. There are companies that will do this but they are quite expensive. I'm just abit worried about how long it will take to get everything back if I just post the documents myself. hopefully not too long. :confused: does anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Camog88

Didn't think I'd get Ruwais as it wasn't one of my preferred locations...but after reading this it seems there's a few heading there! Myself and three others that I know will be heading there so at least there will be loads of us there. I wonder what we'll be teaching and when we will find out! DeeDee...are there any sports teams there for us to join? And what is the school like? My friend in AD loves her location but hates her school as it's so strict compared to others... I hope the school in Ruwais isn't as bad! :)

Camog88 wrote: »
    but hates her school as it's so strict compared to others... I hope the school in Ruwais isn't as bad! :)

Strict in what way? Cultural rules? Code of conduct? I'd be curious to know as I am off to (well I think I'm off to) Abu Dhabi city. My friend says the Emirate of Abu Dhabi is more conservative than Dubai. Well I mean it wouldn't bother me too much, in terms of culture, but worried about being with management who are a right pain....hmmm.

but hates her school as it's so strict compared to others... I hope the school in Ruwais isn't as bad! :)

Strict in what way? Cultural rules? Code of conduct? I'd be curious to know as I am off to (well I think I'm off to) Abu Dhabi city. My friend says the Emirate of Abu Dhabi is more conservative than Dubai. Well I mean it wouldn't bother me too much, in terms of culture, but worried about being with management who are a right pain....hmmm.

She loves being in AD but the management in the school is crazy to work for!! Just unrealistic expectations of employees etc. That's great that you got Abu Dhabi City...that's where she is and she loves the location. I got shipped off to Ruwais but hopefully the school will be nice to work in. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 873

Has anybody been placed in Al Ain? It's in the middle of the desert! :eek:

She loves being in AD but the management in the school is crazy to work for!! Just unrealistic expectations of employees etc. That's great that you got Abu Dhabi City...that's where she is and she loves the location. I got shipped off to Ruwais but hopefully the school will be nice to work in. :)

Hmmmm. I'm more interested in good working conditions than location, but anyway, with the ball rolling, just got to muscle on with it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JezZCaa...X

bluebee wrote: »
    Hey! I was convinced from my interview that I had Sharjah, but I actually got Muscat! Are you two excited?? I've a few documents to sort out still, but I can't wait :)

Yeah, I'm excited! Surely, it has to be better than Limerick! :D

@458 Are u definitely in Abu Dhabi? Did you get khalifa city A? Even though I got Ruwais all my documents need to go to AD as Ruwais is part of the AD emirate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Melli

UAE was my second choice because I don't know anyone out there. Muscat was number one, purely because my friend is staying a second year. Otherwise I would have opted for UAE. I can't wait, kinda nervous though, prob won't hit me til I'm in the airport that I'm actually off :)

@458 Are u definitely in Abu Dhabi? Did you get khalifa city A? Even though I got Ruwais all my documents need to go to AD as Ruwais is part of the AD emirate.

Well the address that my documents have to go to is in Abu Dhabi city. There's no mention of Ruwais or Khalifa City A in any e-mail I got. Did you get it in writing that you will be working in Ruwais?

Well the address that my documents have to go to is in Abu Dhabi city. There's no mention of Ruwais or Khalifa City A in any e-mail I got. Did you get it in writing that you will be working in Ruwais?

The subject of the email was ISC-Ruwais. When I saw that first I was so nervous but I'm coming round to the idea now after seeing posts here about Ruwais. I'd imagine that your in AD so...that's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 shamcga

Does anyone know of any on going to Al Najah or who has worked there? I got offered a job there but im kinda nervous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 steph1990

Hey I signed my contract in march, got an email to say i would hear from the school i am being placed in by the end of april and i still have not hear anything yet..anyone else in the same boat? the two people i was interviewed with have heard from there schools, getting kinda worried now

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Melli

bluebee wrote: »

Hey @bluebee I'm really looking forward to it, relieved to find out there's a few of us going to Muscat! It doesn't seem to be a popular preference, but looks fab from my googling of it ha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Funkychicken12

steph1990 wrote: »
    Hey I signed my contract in march, got an email to say i would hear from the school i am being placed in by the end of april and i still have not hear anything yet..anyone else in the same boat? the two people i was interviewed with have heard from there schools, getting kinda worried now

Hey steph1990, your not alone on that one, i signed my contract in march and also got the same email. Where was your preference ?hopefully we will hear soon!

Hey steph1990, your not alone on that one, i signed my contract in march and also got the same email. Where was your preference ?hopefully we will hear soon!

Oh that's okay then :). Hopefully we hear this week. I just said the UAE but am hoping for Dubai. It seems everyone wants there so probably won't get it, I don't mind really. Where was your preference?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Funkychicken12

Oh that's okay then :). Hopefully we hear this week. I just said the UAE but am hoping for Dubai. It seems everyone wants there so probably won't get it, I don't mind really. Where was your preference?

I said the UAE too, definately seems the most popular! really hope so anyway the waiting is hard:confused:

• Advertisement

I said the UAE too, definately seems the most popular! really hope so anyway the waiting is hard:confused:

I know I'm going crazy waiting. If I don't hear soon I may email them cos they did say someone would be in contact by the end of April like

Advertisement