Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Asry wrote: »
    helllooooooo I return yet again. Again again.

I'm looking for somewhere to live for just me, as the cohabiting partner & I have, sadly, parted ways. Just a room, really. I was looking around daft, & thought I'd check in here to see if anybody else was looking for somewhere/one to share too.

I'm afriad I can't help on the room score, but :( for the split. You ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Moving to Lanzarote this Saturday...maybe I should support Spain. :P

Edit:Yup, should just support Spain. Adios Euro 2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

Moving to Lanzarote this Saturday...maybe I should support Spain. :P

Edit:Yup, should just support Spain. Adios Euro 2012.

Traitor :p

Pedant wrote: »
    Traitor :p

Ah if I really meant it I would have supported them from the start. Ireland never had a chance, Spain are far better than us.

That said I don't get the huge deal the commentators made of the fans still singing. It's nice sure but magnificent? Really? Think that's overstating it a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Warden13

Anyone got book for the Spanish goal keeper

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

hope you're all enjoying the nice summer hey :)

Babybuff wrote: »
    hope you're all enjoying the nice summer hey :)

Isn't it gorgeous? :rolleyes:

Oh, if anyone remembers a while back I had a job interview, well- I got it! WOO! I can afford to buy new socks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Oh, if anyone remembers a while back I had a job interview, well- I got it! WOO! I can afford to buy new socks again!

Congratulations nice to hear some positive news!

Being shy in a foreign country is awkward...they all just think I can't speak Spanish...

I forget how sarcastic my face looks in real life and how that doesn't translate as well into text. congrats on the job :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Traveling on your own abroad for the summer ... good idea, bad idea?

Good idea!:D
    I would find it so unnerving but very exciting to just take off somewhere. I wanted to go abroad for a few months this year considering I'm doing fuck all atm but it didn't pan out. I'll get around to it eventually... I hope!

Good luck with your trip:)

@babybuff happy?

1ZRed wrote: »

@babybuff happy?
    effkin ecstatic, glad you asked ;)

edit, now get your arse over to the summer meet thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Traveling on your own abroad for the summer ... good idea, bad idea?

Good idea. Definitely.

I'm home two weeks after four months in China (mostly spent working but got to travel a little bit) and it already feels like I've been home two years, such is the boredom and tedium of the life I've returned to. :( If I could I'd take off again straight away, travel somewhere else. Wanna see much more of Europe and eventually get around to Japan, US, Canada, Mexico and New Zealand at some point.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I'd love to see China, but knowing me and if I were allowed I'd spend a year in a Shaolin Temple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I wouldn't have a lot of interest in going to China but I'd love to go New Zealand.
    That trip would be a long way off though! I think the closest I could get is heading out to my sister in Brisbane and bumming off of her for a while:D

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I met Nils Muižnieks - The Council of Europe Human Rights Commissioner today

He's such a nice man and very intelligent and knowledgeable

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I met Nils Muižnieks - The Council of Europe Human Rights Commissioner today

He's such a nice man and very intelligent and knowledgeable

A friend of mine is working in Geneva with a lot of the EU and COuncil of Europe folks as part of her PhD. I'm very envious of the people she's meeting with and working with. Were you at the Electric Burma thing? I'd have loved to have gone, she's so amazing.

A friend of mine is working in Geneva with a lot of the EU and COuncil of Europe folks as part of her PhD. I'm very envious of the people she's meeting with and working with. Were you at the Electric Burma thing? I'd have loved to have gone, she's so amazing.

Nope - This

http://www.osce.org/event/internetfreedom2012

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

I'd love to see China, but knowing me and if I were allowed I'd spend a year in a Shaolin Temple.

Sadly I didn't make it to the Shaolin Temple (although looking at a map of China now I wasn't too far from it.) And like I said I didn't get to travel that much outside the city I was based in but I can recommend a few places:

Shanghai, 'cause it's a perfect mixture of east and west and has an insane nightlife. Also has a wonderful museum, so it's not devoid of culture or history like many people think it is.
    Suzhou 'cause it's a pretty water city, has loads of great gardens and parks and also has decent nightlife.
    And Chengdu 'cause of the pandas and spicy food! :D

I wasn't too keen on Beijing tbh; the Forbidden City is marvellous but everything else about the place left me a little cold. (And in February it's EXTREMELY cold there!) Nanjing is also a little dull but the scenic Zhongshan area on the east of the city is beautiful.

I'd love to go back some day and see the places I missed (Harbin in winter time, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Chongqing and the surrounding caves/waterfalls etc.)

So yeah, if the opportuniy to go to China arises I heartily recommend it. :D

1ZRed wrote: »
    I wouldn't have a lot of interest in going to China but I'd love to go New Zealand.
    That trip would be a long way off though! I think the closest I could get is heading out to my sister in Brisbane and bumming off of her for a while:D

I would have zero interest in going to NZ apart from seeing where Lord of the Rings was shot. Even then I'd be pushing it a little going there because I don't want to encounter any very large spiders and other insects (I hear they're prevalent in the Oceania region).

I'd rather go to China as it's of way more historical and cultural significant. NZ would be more boring because everyone is white (apart from the Maori) and speaks English; I'm used to that at home already. China would be something new.

Then again, it depends on what you're interested in; history and culture or getting a tan on the beach.

• Advertisement

I'd love to make my way there through the hippy trail across the Middle East and India, through the old Silk Road, then through the Himalayas on the back of a donkey. That'd be amazing. I'd have sympathy for the donkey though, trying to support my weight :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I'd love to make my way there through the hippy trail across the Middle East and India, through the old Silk Road, then through the Himalayas on the back of a donkey. That'd be amazing. I'd have sympathy for the donkey though, trying to support my weight :D

Such a bucket list filler if ever there was one :) Got myself a job in Sligo :D

Well done ITMA!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Anyone know if Funq in Temple bar is still running? Gay nights are so hard to get a hold of, they seem to all close down with no notice :S

Job interview on Monday

Terry Pratchet

Chuchoter wrote: »
    Anyone know if Funq in Temple bar is still running? Gay nights are so hard to get a hold of, they seem to all close down with no notice :S

the website and fb page suggest it's gone

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Job interview on Monday

best of luck mango! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

Job interview on Monday

good luck! Lets us know how it goes :)

Good luuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Mango!!

• Advertisement

weirdly I now have 2 interviews. 1 today and 1 monday.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement