Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Keep searching sweerie and you will find what you're looking for :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Anyone going to Shirley Temple Bar's 15th Anniversary show in June? It would be awesome if we could arrange a meet-up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

McChubbin wrote: »
    Anyone going to Shirley Temple Bar's 15th Anniversary show in June? It would be awesome if we could arrange a meet-up!
    sounds like an idea alright, is about time for summer beers anyways.

Best of luck Itma, I worked for aol very briefly a few years ago, we didn't have slides but we did have pretty much everything else, including an onsite masseuse ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Well I like the sound of that and a service that may be abused at that.

Some might appriciate the new camera I purchased over the weekend:

2127596604_9d597504f4.jpg

Nothing like a 32 year camera for €40. Now I just have to get the film developed :P

I falleded in like with someone, it's lovely and reciprocated. how bad a week is this and it's only Wednesday.

my dad used to be a bit of a photographer Itma, have a few old cameras floating around here just wouldn't have a clue how to use them.

in fact, there's one of these amongst the bunch

20080518_rolleiflex.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

oooh sexy cameras! We should do an LGBT photowalk! That could be fun...

It would be epic :D I'm actually looking to get another lens for my camera, but it's coming in at €60 so I'll have to wait awhile :( That and I need a flash meter for those dull and indoor shots.

I lost the battery door to my dslr around christmas and i'm s*it scared to bring it out in case I loose the battery! So these days I'm playing around with the camera on my iphone, mostly with hipstamatic, I am SOOOOOOOOO addicted. You can get some nice shots though, I have to say...

207066.jpg

207067.jpg

207068.jpg

:D

They look cool. I'll be sure to scan a few photos and make some alterations before uploading in the next week or two. Oh the joy of having to wait to get some money together to have photos developed :P

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

And good luck to you Baby. Always wanted a slide in my work place :P
    Makes me think of that advert from a few years ago with water slides in the office

• Advertisement

A photowalk would be amazeballs. I don't have a camera and don't take many pics but I seem to be surrounded by a bunch of people who do, I'm forever admiring their work. The camera on my phone isn't the best but I've seen the phone pics over in the photography forum too and I'd definitely be willing to give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Well I like the sound of that and a service that may be abused at that.

Some might appriciate the new camera I purchased over the weekend:

2127596604_9d597504f4.jpg

Nothing like a 32 year camera for €40. Now I just have to get the film developed :P

2680.jpg

:p

2680.jpg

:p

Wild Hipster Appears! Hipster is confused :P

Never ceases to amaze me how the overtly religious proclaim how we should all perish or just disappear and how we should follow the word of Jebus. What I do find humorous is the latent hypocrisy of it all.

If we were to follow Gods commandments, half the would have been maimed or executed for something or other.

They're making a Fraggle Rock movie. This makes me incredibly happy.

And I am celebrating this news by watching Labyrinth. Oh yes.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Day one of Bingham cup in Manchester Emerald Warriors played two won two and I'm still walking so all in all a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bob50

Lovely looking camera id say it takes great pics

It's a great little camera. I'm looking for a good telescopic lense on the cheap. Can't wait to get the photos developed and I'll let ye know how they turn out.

Today I found a little baby mouse in the doorway to a shopping centre. It was weird, he was just sitting there at the entrance and people were gathering around him trying to make sure he wouldn't get squished. He was just sitting there eating stuff with his little paws. (I haz pics)

if you don't like mice (it could be a shrew) look away now :)

WztWll.jpg

Hard to tell but that looks a bit more like a shrew to me, but without seeing the face ok it's tough.

Poor lil fella. I love rodents. Was in a pet shop today looking for treats for my hamster and they had the most gorgeous rat. Seriously pretty and so friendly and happy! Soon as I said hello she was straight over to see me. Adorable. Her cage mate was not too interested in me though he just sat there munching his food. Lazy sod!

• Advertisement

someone else said it was a shrew too, I've never seen one before so it's a first. He did make me want to go over and put him in my pocket and take him home alright. cute little thing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

We have mice I can assure you they are not welcome visitors so much so that I'm moving back to Bray that's how much I don't like mice!!!

We had mice before and yeah they're unpleasant but they're still really cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

We had mice before and yeah they're unpleasant but they're still really cute.

Were they not your pets? :P

Hello all. Must say, I was looking forward to seeing some photos me and my girlfriend took at the previous wedding we had attended. The reel had not been forwarded as photos where being taken :P Oh the hazards of aging cameras!

That and I've been poked and prodded like a lab rat for the last week for a new treatment and now I have a throat infection.

allydylan wrote: »
    Were they not your pets? :P

No I had pet rats. We had mice which were not domestic in the house before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

Traveling on your own abroad for the summer ... good idea, bad idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Pedant wrote: »
    Traveling on your own abroad for the summer ... good idea, bad idea?

Suppose it really depends in the person. I myself love a bit of solitude and heading out on my own, but I suppose it would be a bit more difficult if you were a complete social butterfly that became lonely really easily.

Where are you thinking of heading anyway? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

Where are you thinking of heading anyway? :)

Hippy trail to India.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

helllooooooo I return yet again. Again again.

I'm looking for somewhere to live for just me, as the cohabiting partner & I have, sadly, parted ways. Just a room, really. I was looking around daft, & thought I'd check in here to see if anybody else was looking for somewhere/one to share too.

Advertisement