Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

on a completely unrelated topic, I'd like to find some friends who are just down the line straight. When did being gay become so popular. Is everybody bisexual these days? I don't believe it's a case of having a super extraordinary powerful gaydar emitting laser beam but it seems to me that as soon as I out myself to someone they feel the need to confide in me that they are also in the habit of not being straight on occasion. Which is great and everything, unless you're just looking for someone to befriend for the sake of friendship and whatnot. I don't think I'm being unreasonable in that request.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Babybuff wrote: »
    on a completely unrelated topic, I'd like to find some friends who are just down the line straight. When did being gay become so popular. Is everybody bisexual these days?

A lot more people seem or be identifying as bisexual these days. I sometimes wonder if my friend group is a decent representation of most people my age or if I just attract bisexual people, both open and closeted. :P I think bisexuality is becoming more accepted these days and it's just a reflection of that, I could be wrong though.

That said though I do know plenty of straight people. I'm guessing by 'down the line' straight you mean people who are not bicurious nor have they experimented. I do think experimentation, at least among women, is common enough but I do know people who are as straight as can be and even if they have kissed people of the same sex have never doubted their sexuality or questioned who they are attracted to for a second.

A lot more people seem or be identifying as bisexual these days. I sometimes wonder if my friend group is a decent representation of most people my age or if I just attract bisexual people, both open and closeted. :P I think bisexuality is becoming more accepted these days and it's just a reflection of that, I could be wrong though.

That said though I do know plenty of straight people. I'm guessing by 'down the line' straight you mean people who are not bicurious nor have they experimented. I do think experimentation, at least among women, is common enough but I do know people who are as straight as can be and even if they have kissed people of the same sex have never doubted their sexuality or questioned who they are attracted to for a second.
    yep, me too. I don't think I know any girls who identify as down the line straight anymore. I used to, in fact pretty much all my friends at one time or another (15-20 years ago) would have fallen under the straight as a die category so I do find it weird that most girls I know now have sexually experimented with girls at some stage and are definitely open to the idea. (tried and tested) I'm finding myself having to manoeuvre around a lot more obstacles to get to the friendship part and I'm really just missing it.

can we just be friends please

• Registered Users Posts: 41 EmmaAstra

Add the Q.

Gwan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Most of my friends are straight... I don't know if what you're looking for is straight friends, just friends that don't care about sexuality.

that would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Most of my friends are straight, tbh I don't have many lesbian friends. Everyone is cool about it, obviously. I like girls, they like boys. Simples.

Off topic once more, my gf and I are currently making an ikea study desk into a custom hamster cage for my little Isabella, it's all very exciting. Since I'm not really allowed use power tools I'm in charge of the screwdriver and sanding. I even have a blister!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Life is repeatedly slapping me with wet fish at the moment. Being a grown up is so overrated :/

Most of my friends are straight, tbh I don't have many lesbian friends. Everyone is cool about it, obviously. I like girls, they like boys. Simples.

Off topic once more, my gf and I are currently making an ikea study desk into a custom hamster cage for my little Isabella, it's all very exciting. Since I'm not really allowed use power tools I'm in charge of the screwdriver and sanding. I even have a blister!

Friggin' love Ikea stuff. It's like Lego. For big people.

Isabella's one lucky hamster
    :D

• Advertisement

I do feel I'm blessed in having friends who don't care about my sexuality, I try not to take it for granted. I've never understood people who make a big deal out of sexuality, especially those who let it define them. It's part of who I am but it is not all I am.

maybe I need better friends.

This is it, nearly done. We have to attach the doors still, but she loves it already!!

205949.jpg

And yes I am turning into crazy hamster lady but i so don't care!!!

Ah feck it, here's a random cute picture of her in her little house to cheer everyone up!

205950.jpg

:D:D:D

I'd live in that

I'd live in that

Room for one more?!

I have to say it does look pretty slick, hopefully once we get her digging pit and little house and everything in it she'll like it. It's pretty crazy though, here am I on the dole buying 'value' everything and I go spending money on a custom cage. I must be mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

D'awh!

I miss having a pet. Well we have a load of stray cats who live in our shed but unless you have food and are happy to look and not touch they aren't coming anywhere near you. I've tried taming them in the past but unless you keep them inside, at least temporarily, it's pretty impossible.

I'd really love a cat. I grew up with loads of pets, but we had the space for them then, down the country. Now I live in a little flat in the city, no way I could keep anything bigger than a hamster! I have to say it's lovely having her in the house, she keeps me company and pops up at the oddest times to say hello! It's been great since I started my break from my PhD, she's helped my mental health out no end.

I'm in two minds whether to get my dog a friend. She gives me no peace at all these days and I'm lucky if she's not sitting on my face when I wake in the morning.

• Advertisement

EmmaAstra wrote: »
    Room for one more?!
    grab a bale of straw.

Do you leave her run free bandc? Ever since our buns were litter tray trained we've let them run around loose in the evenings when we're home. They're like extra fluffy/thumpy dogs :3

I'm in two minds whether to get my dog a friend. She gives me no peace at all these days and I'm lucky if she's not sitting on my face when I wake in the morning.

I completely missed the first sentence of that post and thought you were talking about something else ENTIRELY. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

yeah, it's sad but thats the only thing sitting on my face in the mornings

:D

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Do you leave her run free bandc? Ever since our buns were litter tray trained we've let them run around loose in the evenings when we're home. They're like extra fluffy/thumpy dogs :3

Not really, because she's pretty small and eats everything. Like, my laptop charger was up on the couch one evening (I let her out on the couch for a run and to sit and chill with me watching tv) and I turned around for like a second and she had some of the plastic coating off. So I don't think I could trust her to just wander around and not electrocute herself or something!!! She gets a long run in her ball where she can go wherever she likes, and then lots of couch and playtime. She fell asleep on me the other night when I was watching family guy, too cute!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

pets can be great company, they have a particular 'normalizing' effect on the psyche.
    My little Caitche (a cat) is growing old now back home; you can see her come up or down the stairs more carefully like she's hopping each step to so's not to worry her aging joints.
    but she's still as funny as ever. She's such a funny cat, and she behaves like a person.

Daughter thought it would be hilarious to put a load of dubstep on my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Daughter thought it would be hilarious to put a load of dubstep on my phone

I don't really get Dubstep it's like dance music for people who are ashamed to like dance music!

stephen_n wrote: »
    I don't really get Dubstep it's like dance music for people who are ashamed to like dance music!
    I like it, suppose I grew up on dance music so it's a comforting and familiar sound. Like other stuff too, its just when it comes on when your least expecting it as you're walking peacefully through the park is another story.

• Advertisement

So who I've worked with for about 3 months realised today I was gay. It was one of those slow, drawn out, dawning of realisation on their face scenarios. She then spent the rest of the evening dropping 'subtle' remarks about how gay people should be allowed to marry and adopt children and save the world etc. Bless! :)

Advertisement