Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Is there nowhere selling books for tourists? I'm in Spain atm and came across 50 shades in the English section of the nearest bookshop.

Well as far I know the town I live has no bookshop (well except the German one). The supermarkets sell English, Spanish and German books but no sign of 50 shades. That said a lot of it chick lit so might pop up yet. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

Read a hilarious status (yes facebook) last night: the Irish version of 50 shades... Thought I'd psml - and now I don't need to read it as I know what happens :)

I can't repost it here as its probably a bit too graphic for boards. But you might find it with google (it's a joke not a whole book)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

They're friendly and funny and interesting. (at least most of them are)

Sounds pleasant alright :-) don't think I'd fit in!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Light the lightning bolt gremlin this morning!!!!! Just landed myself a job with IBM :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Nyan Cat wrote: »
    Read a hilarious status (yes facebook) last night: the Irish version of 50 shades... Thought I'd psml - and now I don't need to read it as I know what happens :)

I can't repost it here as its probably a bit too graphic for boards. But you might find it with google (it's a joke not a whole book)

#irishshadesofgrey on twitter

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Itzy wrote: »
    Light the lightning bolt gremlin this morning!!!!! Just landed myself a job with IBM :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

NICE ONE!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

B&C was it yourself I saw on the 123 today? Or your doppelgänger??

RiseToMe wrote: »
    B&C was it yourself I saw on the 123 today? Or your doppelgänger??

I'd imagine that was me, were you on the phone getting on? Because I saw one girl and I was like "LESBIAN!!!!!!!!!!" :p

Yup! Sure was me! I looked at you and was like omg it's b&c!!

Proof that us mods are just regular folks like the rest of you. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

That's why it was down all the time?!
    Haha I was like how hard is to get an app like this running. It seems too much of that is what caused the fcuk up in the first place!

Edit, ah now no ":rolleyes:" emoticon! Just because there isn't a gay woman's version doesn't mean you should be jealous! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

1ZRed wrote: »
    That's why it was down all the time?!
    Haha I was like how hard is to get an app like this running. It seems too much of that is what caused the fcuk up in the first place!

Edit, ah now no ":rolleyes:" emoticon! Just because there isn't a gay woman's version doesn't mean you should be jealous! :p

You know I'm only teasing! :p

Proof that us mods are just regular folks like the rest of you. :p

Ah but its like that moment you see a garda and you just *feel* like you've done something wrong!

Ah but its like that moment you see a garda and you just *feel* like you've done something wrong!

"Yes, that is a ban hammer in my pocket..."

:p

"Yes, that is a ban hammer in my pocket..."

:p

I knew I seen your fingers twitch all John Wayne style! :p

HELP! I have 57 minutes left of my 20's.

How the hell did this happen????!?!?!??!? Surely it's still 2004 and this is still no. 1?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

BIRTHDAY SEX!!!!!!

Let your 20s go with a bang ;)

That was out in 2004???!! Jaysus

Awwwwwwww yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Wife's away in France, kitten is currently climbing the curtains, But I have beer, the tv and a mini lie on

Day two of wife being away. The boredom starts. How in the name of god she copes when I'm in the uk is beyond me.

It's always worse when you're the one left behind. Happened to me loads in the last few years when herself was away in London and China. You realise how much time you spend just hanging out.

I feel your pain. I'm home for a week on my own, before I make a move to Dublin in the next couple of weeks. Time spent without my girlfriend is driving me nuts.

That's it isn't it? Last night I watched tv, if she was here We wouldve done the same buuut it's different!!

In other news I've decided with just five weeks to go to actually look up some of the cities we're going to on honeymoon.

what we used to do was sit down once a week and watch the same thing at the same time with a chat window open. Makes you feel nice and connected. :)

Also- yay honeymoon! Where you guys going?

Everywhere!

We got CP'd last sept but I was starting Uni so we delayed the honeymoon.

We're starting in Poland and finishing in Italy, inter railing all the way down. 13 cities I think!

That sounds like it will be an amazing trip. I don't know why, but I'd rather drive around Europe. Hope you enjoy your trip :)

Driving would be epic but would take too long and after having rented a car the night we landed Spain, just after the CP, only to realise the next day in the scorching heat the air con wasn't working I'm sooooo not renting a car when I'll be driving far away from the rental place again!

• Advertisement

I'd bring my own car. I'd love to drive through France to Germany for a spin on the Nuremberg ring. Through Switzerland for the scenery then up to Norway, Denmark and Sweden to finish off.

Advertisement