Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I think you should bake and bring cookies to the next beers meet up :p

We should organise another one soon. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

We should organise another one soon. :)

Definitely. Seeing as you shied out of the last one :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

Beer and cookies. Interesting... Vodka flavoured cookies maybe?!

In a non traditional cookie shape (well gingerbread men are usually dudes:p)
    Horses for everyone

Aishae wrote: »
    Beer and cookies. Interesting... Vodka flavoured cookies maybe?!

Horses for everyone

You could make it LGBT themed....although I don't know how. Gingerbread men holding hands?? :p :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

not necessarily - although dudes made of gingerbread would be weird - I bet we all know one guy who'd eat himself if he was one :pac:

• Advertisement

Definitely. Seeing as you shied out of the last one :p

Novembeers?

Novembeers?

Im up for that:D

Novembeers?

Sounds good! I shall be busy on work placement in November but hopefully it will be in Dublin this time and not too hectic!

Amazing the amount of Songs I've composed out of boredom - Should make a profit :cool:

ahhh - random lyrics :D

wrote this about 10 years ago, one boring school day: (all fluffed up - all shook up
    Ah well a kiss my paw,
    What'sa wrong with me?
    I'm itchin' like a dawgie with a bag of fleas,
    My homies say im walkin' with a wiggle and a shake,
    I'm in Love,
    I'm all fluffed up,
    Mm Hmm Hmm, uh huh, yeah yeah!

had to do a bit of digging - i put this on amiright years ago (parodies/ misheard lyrics site)
    tribute to Janeway it was:

(you're the key to my life)
    Again by the window sippin' with jest,
    Of all the coffees, Brazilians the best,
    And how I love caffeine so,
    I sit and sip or on the go.

Stain on the desktop where coffee cup lay,
    The wonders of beans forever will stay,
    And the scent of you brewing,
    And the steam on my face keeps me sane.

(Chorus)
    And I never give up hope when the bean ain't around,
    I just chew on my fist and pray you will be found.
    Cos caffeine's a serious thing, i've nothing without the BEAN!
    It makes life worth living, what else can I saaaaaaaay...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Sounds good! I shall be busy on work placement in November but hopefully it will be in Dublin this time and not too hectic!
    Someone want to put up a thread? (btw pleeeeease dont have it at the end of the month, though if it was the last friday in the month it would be ok!)

Meesared wrote: »
    Someone want to put up a thread? (btw pleeeeease dont have it at the end of the month, though if it was the last friday in the month it would be ok!)

I would organise it but, like I said, I don't know what the story with my placement is. I could be down the country and I could have a very limited number of days I'm free so I wouldn't want to restrict everyone based on my availability :pac:

I'll stick up a thread anyway and see if anyone else can organise it.

Meesared wrote: »

I wish i could help out but i couldnt organise a p!ss up in a brewery:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

2,000th post!

VICTORY DANCE!

:p

^ Why did I not know about this for my 20,000th post?

Holy Smokes how long have yous been around?

Holy Smokes how long have yous been around?

8 years on this account, created my first boards account in 2001. :cool:

(I remember using boards on dial-up, and being able to go make coffee while waiting for pages to load...)

(I remember using boards on dial-up, and being able to go make coffee while waiting for pages to load...)

were there people back then who dont come on anymore ?

were there people back then who dont come on anymore ?
    I only joined boards earlier in the year but have been on other forums where some people stuck. And some came and went.

Boards also has more staying power! I've seen popular forums die off for diff reasons. Came across boards a lot in google searches over the years

I only joined boards earlier in the year but have been on other forums where some people stuck. And some came and went.

Boards also has more staying power! I've seen popular forums die off for diff reasons. Came across boards a lot in google searches over the years

so did I - thats probably why I joined to begin with .

There's so many people - you'd swear half of Ireland was on this thing

• Advertisement

I'd no idea anyone I knew was on boards. Recently discovered at least 2 people are.

Someone has been spreading their flu's over the cyber-waves! Choo.

I recently discovered someone I know is on boards too. But she doesn't know I know. It's all very top secret stuff :pac:

I recently discovered someone I know is on boards too. But she doesn't know I know. It's all very top secret stuff :pac:

On this forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Recently found out my sis is on boards.... though not on this forum before anyone asks :D

It wouldn't surprise me that anyone I know is on boards. Unles it was my granny!

On this forum?

Nope
    Recently found out my sis is on boards.... though not on this forum before anyone asks :D

Does she know you know? :pac: I feel so deceitful cos I see posts from her now and again on boards about her life (nothing dramatic/scandalous) and it's just weird. I keep thinking one day I'll see her and be like 'Hey how did xyz go?' and she'd be like 'how the fúck did you know about that?!' :p

It wouldn't surprise me that anyone I know is on boards. Unles it was my granny!

what do you have against G-ma ?:D

Debating whether a night out in Cork is worth it especially when you see the aftermath of a Friday night :cool:

Does she know you know? :pac: I feel so deceitful cos I see posts from her now and again on boards about her life (nothing dramatic/scandalous) and it's just weird. I keep thinking one day I'll see her and be like 'Hey how did xyz go?' and she'd be like 'how the fúck did you know about that?!' :p

I don't look for her posts tbh, would feel like I was reading her diary. Don't know if she looks for mine, but I'd have no issues if she did. I'm a say it as you see it kinda girl lol

I'm a say it as you see it kinda girl lol

I actually didn't know you were a girl - (I dont mean that to sound at all rude)

• Advertisement

I actually didn't know you were a girl - (I dont mean that to sound at all rude)

Thank you for a full bellied laugh! And no offence taken :)

Advertisement