Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

Thank you for a full bellied laugh! And no offence taken :)

*hugs* - I'm forgiven - yeah?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

*hugs* - I'm forgiven - yeah?:)

Nothing to forgive missus.

On another note, I had a very lovely second date yesterday :)

I have a lovely date for Saturday - buzzin :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

Got a brand spanking new ABI processor today (auditorial brainstem implant) - long story
    But it means I might finally get some benefit from the thing :D

Note: it's not sound as we know it. Imagine tinnitus or walking into a busy pub where all you hear is the mumbling susserous of conversation etc. It benefits people in different ways.
    A girl I know lipreads better with it on. Whereas another girl just feels more tuned into the world etc.
    Thought I'd best explain that as people are usually a bit mystified when I talk about it.

Ah, I love being Borg
    'resistance is optional' and so forth

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Aishae wrote: »

Ah, I love being Borg

Has its benefits, alright...

Seven-of-9.jpg

:p:p:p:p:p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Aishae wrote: »
    Got a brand spanking new ABI processor today (auditorial brainstem implant) - long story
    But it means I might finally get some benefit from the thing :D

Note: it's not sound as we know it. Imagine tinnitus or walking into a busy pub where all you hear is the mumbling susserous of conversation etc. It benefits people in different ways.
    A girl I know lipreads better with it on. Whereas another girl just feels more tuned into the world etc.
    Thought I'd best explain that as people are usually a bit mystified when I talk about it.

Ah, I love being Borg

Bionic Woman springs to mind :P

bionic_06092010152724.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

I don't look for her posts tbh, would feel like I was reading her diary. Don't know if she looks for mine, but I'd have no issues if she did. I'm a say it as you see it kinda girl lol

Oh I don't look for her posts but if I do see them, then yeah..it feels like I'm reading her diary, like you said. Although to be fair most of the things she's posts on boards she tells me (usually something she's complaining/moaning about :p) One of these days I'll be like 'yeah yeah i know you did, i read it on boards' :pac:
    Nothing to forgive missus.

On another note, I had a very lovely second date yesterday :)

Ooh nice one. I must be mad - I declined a date for this weekend cos I have too much college work :( :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Ooh nice one. I must be mad - I declined a date for this weekend cos I have too much college work :( :eek:

Better idea - Invite her over to give you a hand.

Better idea - Invite her over to give you a hand.

:eek:

:p

Well absolute dirt from what I thought was a young fragile mind, little miss JCY :P If you like her, improvise!

• Advertisement

Haha I can't help it :o

To be fair though, bringing her back to my house (bearing in mind I live at home with the parents :rolleyes: ) isn't the best for a second date :pac: That said, we are probably just going to be friends anyway :)

Yeah, would be kind of awkward introducing your potentially new girlfriend to your parents.

Have recently bought into the "what's for you won't go past you" way of thinking :)

Have recently bought into the "what's for you won't go past you" way of thinking :)

I wish I could hold the same viewpoint!

I don't really believe in fate anymore. It'd be nice to think that everyone ends up with who they're supposed to be, or everyone's life is down to 'destiny' but unfortunately I don't think it works that way!

On a similar note, does anyone here believe in karma?

On a similar note, does anyone here believe in karma?

I did, until I realised that people weren't getting there come-up-ance!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I don't know if I believe in 'karma' so much, but I do believe there's a general flow of life that unites everyone, and what is taken away at one time is given in another.

I also don't believe that there is 'one person' for everyone. I think that there are lots of possible someones for everyone. But once you find one, I'd say hold on, as much as you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

Well I do believe what goes around usually comes around. Sadly not always. But if you dole out **** to others its quite often because that person is already unhappy in their own lives in some way. And negativity attracts negativity as well so they cycle continues. I suppose that's a type of karma.

I think 'the secret' was rubbish. They tried to say the sane thing repeatedly in so many ways (to fill the book) it's no secret at all. Positive begets positive.

If you're positive then technically your life may not be different to 'joe' say. But how you deal with life and things that happen to you, that's what Will really affect your happiness etc. Good old make the most it.

Well absolute dirt from what I thought was a young fragile mind, little miss JCY :P If you like her, improvise!

Your mind is no better dear friend :rolleyes:

I don't know if I believe in 'karma' so much, but I do believe there's a general flow of life that unites everyone, and what is taken away at one time is given in another.

I also don't believe that there is 'one person' for everyone. I think that there are lots of possible someones for everyone. But once you find one, I'd say hold on, as much as you can.

Nicely put. I'm not sure if this is your type of music, but after reading that post it reminded me of a song:

Your mind is no better dear friend :rolleyes:

True oh little one. I'm quite warped. Should there be a hell, I'll be going straight there to work on a tan and drink some warm beer.

• Advertisement

I whole Heartedly believe in Karma

I whole Heartedly believe in Karma

Do good and it shall come back. If that is the case, I must have been Hitler.

Life is what we make it. I don't believe we can change what happens but we can choose how to respond to it. Oh my, I am in a good head space at the moment :)

Do good and it shall come back. If that is the case, I must have been Hitler.

Some Weirdo told me I was a gift to womankind - my workmates P!ssed laughing :o

Depends on what he meant by it. Could be a good thing :)

Depends on what he meant by it. Could be a good thing :)

Oh she was totally trying to chat me up ;) - Freaked me a fair bit though

Go for it then :) On another note, got a new car yesterday and have an interview tomorrow.

Go for it then :) On another note, got a new car yesterday and have an interview tomorrow.

Oooh nice. I need a car. Wanna give me a lift to college every day? :p

Is the job interview for something in your field of work or just something to keep you going? You're in IT right? I need you to fix my laptop lol

Oooh nice. I need a car. Wanna give me a lift to college every day? :p

Is the job interview for something in your field of work or just something to keep you going? You're in IT right? I need you to fix my laptop lol

Why not show up in style - I'll drop you off in the ambulance :p

• Advertisement

It's a job to help keep me going for now until I find something better in IT. Yeah I could look at your laptop :P

i093144.jpg

Essentially what I bought without the graphics :P

Advertisement