Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

i don't know what possessed me, but i started watching animal cruelty videos on youtube .Such horrible stuff! i cried more than i did in a long time watching them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

allydylan wrote: »
    i don't know what possessed me, but i started watching animal cruelty videos on youtube .Such horrible stuff! i cried more than i did in a long time watching them

why did you watch them if you know they make you teary eyed?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

oh god i cant watch them..... animals get me upset far more than humans
    its important to know what goes on. but i know its there i cant watch it too, its heart breaking that there are such b^stards out there

@wonderwomen, well i guess i wanted to know what was going on in some places with my own eyes. Animal cruelty happens all the time, personally i don't feel i can close my eyes and pretend it doesn't happen. the videos have certainly put me of meat for the foreseeable future

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

It done the same to me Ally. I actually became a Vegetarian for well over a year. I had to go back on meat due to extremely low Iron levels.

• Advertisement

It done the same to me Ally. I actually became a Vegetarian for well over a year. I had to go back on meat due to extremely low Iron levels.

i'm actually very anaemic at the moment, so no longer eating red probably isn't the best think to do, but well see what happens

@wonderwomen, well i guess i wanted to know what was going on in some places with my own eyes. Animal cruelty happens all the time, personally i don't feel i can close my eyes and pretend it doesn't happen. the videos have certainly put me of meat for the foreseeable future

True - times like these the animals need us more than ever

thankfully there are plenty of good people out there too:

299656_227651757295618_100001523875195_629041_108849766_n.jpg

that age old question what would you grab when running out of a burning building? id have the bird cage in one hand, one of the dogs (by the collar) in the other, a cat under each arm and shout for the other dog to follow me.
    everything else can be replaced.
    unless someone needed help too, id get the shower chair and wheel then out whilst the animals are piled on top :D (important to know your fire escape route!)

No real animals to grab I'd grab the photos though , photos of throughout your life can't be replaced

• Advertisement

good point... speaking of those i wonder where the childhood ones are.... ive a rolling walking frame i dont use now, so i could pile a few things on it with the animals. id look like one of those crazy ladies with a shopping trolly with a bird cage and random things sticking out of it

My mum has them at hand ready to embarass me in front of potential suitors

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Somethings are better left unseen especially when you can do nothing to change them. I could not bring myself to watch that sort of thing, just can't stand what some people inflict on poor animals and I would leave me wanting to do those people serious harm!

stephen_n wrote: »
    Somethings are better left unseen especially when you can do nothing to change them. I could not bring myself to watch that sort of thing, just can't stand what some people inflict on poor animals and I would leave me wanting to do those people serious harm!

i get where your coming from, but at the same time if everyone in the world had that way of looking at it then nothing would be done. In the future i can see myself getting involved in different animal rights projects, so i do want to educate myself on what goes on in some cases

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

My Dad is heavily involved in the ISPCA, and he tells me about the cases he has to deal with. The videos you see? Not half of it guys, trust me.

My Dad is heavily involved in the ISPCA, and he tells me about the cases he has to deal with. The videos you see? Not half of it guys, trust me.
    I used to be more heavily involved with fundraising for different animal charities. The stuff that goes on is unreal.. I burnt out. As often happens to people who volunteer in that area

thanks for the advice guys, but i still want to do, i want to help and make a difference and stuff ( god that's chessy!!! sorry)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I think it's great, I'm not saying anything against it, I just know from Dad that it's really hardcore. But he LOVES his job. Really does.

Then again, lots of people ask me how I can enjoy working with people with intellectual disabilities and violent challenging behavior. My best ever job was one in which I got punch or kicked at least 3 times a shift. The best explanation I could give was that when the lads were in good form, and not frustrated by their lack of ability to communicate the way they want, they were the sweetest, funniest lads you'll ever meet. The happiness radiating off them when they managed to do something they were struggling with, or the feeling I got when I was able to understand them without them getting frustrated and hitting themselves or someone else was amazing.

I really miss it, actually. research isn't quite as rewarding in the short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

((completely off topic but very excited))
    Back in Dublin and collected the wedding photos *excitement*

Great rise2! The pics extend the wedding celebrations :)

I'd love to say... At least walk dogs for a local shelter or use my oh-so-slight grooming skills. But I can't get out for it and they all tend to be in the middle of nowhere.

I'll find a way to help more, it was strenuous but rewarding stuff

• Advertisement

Im officially gone loopers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

All About My Mother on Film4 tonight at 9. The write up looks good, has anyone seen it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

Looks interesting, might give it a watch... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

All About My Mother on Film4 tonight at 9. The write up looks good, has anyone seen it?

That's my evening sorted. :pac: Thanks for letting us know it's on. It sounds good :)

My evening involves talkin to a few awesome people off here :)

Now ! Wheres my daime bar

Im on a roll (not to be confused with the tubular sammich!)
    I made jewellery for the first time in 4-5 months earlier. I'm doing gingerbread cookies now.

You should go for that programme on bbc - they have a bake off and i think you win money

You should go for that programme on bbc - they have a bake off and i think you win money
    Maybe beginners luck would be on my side. Who'd say no to a bit of dosh?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Aishae wrote: »
    Maybe beginners luck would be on my side. Who'd say no to a bit of dosh?!

I think you should bake and bring cookies to the next beers meet up :p

• Advertisement

I think you should bake and bring cookies to the next beers meet up :p

That - Or she could just bring them to mine :p

Advertisement