Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

27 ITMA - been using the net since 13 *le geek*
    you can enter questions into google. with msn etc the best results came when you left out unnecessary words and so on. handy... except every time i enter a question cos im feeling too search-savvy lazy it it gives me this suggestion 'am i pregnant?' 'how to get pregnant' 'how long am i pregnant' etc.... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

:( FML

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

27 in a few short months. The you'd remember how slow dial up was. Depends on the question you're asking.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

:( FML

Oh whats up sweetie?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The you'd remember how slow dial up was
    Fun times. :pac:

• Advertisement

nothing major

omg 56k :eek:

I wish you'd all stop talking about internet like it was the tenements :rolleyes:

I wish you'd all stop talking about internet like it was the tenements :rolleyes:

java chat applets on websites (before mschat) :eek:

Aishae wrote: »
    omg 56k :eek:
    java chat applets on websites (before mschat) :eek:

Try 28k :P I loved msnchat.

Definately a good time to be had.

• Advertisement

ah jaysus we had one of those old ones that was solely a green screen word processor - i dont even know the specs :confused:

mschat - when it was cool to hit people with smelly trouts, wavs were the norm and omg the macros!

ah jaysus we had one of those old ones that was solely a green screen word processor - i dont even know the specs :confused:

mschat - when it was cool to hit people with smelly trouts, wavs were the norm and omg the macros!

Now you're just showing your age :p

yep
    and it was all
    A/S/L?

Ahhh the memories :)

Ah your just jealous because we're 80's babies and because some of us still have an appriciation for ridiculously bad fashion. :P

yep
    and it was all
    A/S/L?

now thats how you know if someones a perv ;)

yep
    and it was all
    A/S/L?

Chatting to complete strangers from all over the world was a bit of fun and I never met the same person twice. A little like chat roulette.

Ahhh the memories :)

Ah your just jealous because we're 80's babies and because some of us still have an appriciation for ridiculously bad fashion. :P

when fashion was whatever fell out of the wardrobe your broke mammy got for you :pac: oh god, i had some shocking coloured clothes :eek:

even that word processor came from a skip. when we got the 56k itt was polished daily like a piece of inanimate royalty.

i stuck with a server called PDE for a few years there. the mods went power mad. i dunno why exactly people still hung aroud. i guess sitting in a chatroom going
    hi
    lol
    etc
    was more fun than trying to navigate the web :rolleyes:

i was an impressionable child corrupted by dodgy macros and horny americans :pac:

i was an impressionable child corrupted by dodgy macros and horny americans :pac:

I was corrupt by horny asians :rolleyes:

Oh the fun of it all :P I'm sure if I think hard about it I could put some decent clothing from the 80s together to look haif decent despite all the color :P

i had my mams handmedown shell tracksuit (her mam bought it, she hated it) it was vivid lilac with neon green bits and pink/blue/green triangle design on the sleeves :eek:

• Advertisement

You 80's babies are freaks :P

A fashion crime against humanity only the hague could deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Hands up who remembers geocities and angelfire?

Did anyone here have a Unison tv box for getting onto the internet through your tv?

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336280b2fe2bbef411922602b608d6ea3d0.jpg

God I remember reading Bad Girls and Buffy and Star Trek fanfic on our one til 3 and 4 am, desperate for hot erotic lesbian action!

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

God I remember reading Bad Girls and Buffy and Star Trek fanfic on our one til 3 and 4 am, desperate for hot erotic lesbian action!

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Quote of the night :p

oh god geocities and angelifire - the only free website hosts of the day!

one site i did peruse when i was 13 - the star trek continuum

i remember at one stage someone on the pde forum set up a sort of fantasy star ship on a geocities site

This is starting to become a technological history lesson for our younger members :P

This is starting to become a technological history lesson for our younger members :P

As soon as you mentioned that I became disinterested - Never liked history:rolleyes:

ah but history is fun when you're a part of it :D

i remember a girl getting involved with a bloke in the states... then another couple who met and married online. then another who met a woman that took all his money and another had stalker. so boys and girls, the stories are occasionally true. being online is real enough :cool:

Downton Abbey :D

• Advertisement

ive been spotted - im a celebrity, pass me the mojito :pac:

Advertisement