Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

I'd be no good as an EMT. The first thing I'd do while approaching the scene of a crash is bring a bag of plasters and a can of Budweiser so the occupants could take the edge of things while they wait for someone useful.

Haha It's tempting sometimes - trust me!

I love the job though - even though we're not immune to getting spat at

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Getting spat at? :eek: I'd give them the defib and tell them to give themselves a quick dart for the luls!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I used to work in retail selling all sorts of IT related products. One version of speech to text is Dragon software which actually works well for people with disabilities as most come with a bluetooth hands free kit. Sorry if it sounds like I'm advertising just pointing out that there is some good stuff out there. Even the best though can be slightly problemmatic.

I think I'll be investing for the typing of my thesis, but for transcription is wont really work. I work with older people with intellectual disabilities, and so speech difficulties is a big issue, making it pretty much impossible for me to use for transcription.

Plus I tend to be making notes for my coding of the results as I go, it helps to transcribe your own material for getting close to your data.

Happened earlier this evenin - almost finishe duty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

Jaysus!!! Spat at. I'm a polite patient. What kind of people have you been servicing :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I'd leave the spitters to suffer for awhile.

Aishae wrote: »
    Jaysus!!! Spat at. I'm a polite patient. What kind of people have you been servicing :o

Again she says that word , unfortunately though we cant chose our patients - the nurses have to deal with a lot worse

Servicing sounded better than rescuing from a dirty minded perspective!

I know a and e nurses must get the worst but still... Being spat at? It's not like you accidentally spit on someone the same way you can accidentally get sick on them

Finished shift now . One nurse got urinated on - she said it wasnt an acciden either

Eek! Better to be spat on for sure

• Advertisement

Im home for the weekend - i will have to turn some nurses.though

Finished shift now . One nurse got urinated on - she said it wasnt an acciden either

I'd go one worse and leave them a suprise in their pillow. That would surely teach someone that bodily functions are best left to the loo.

You mean some fresh chocolate mousse ?

Yes similar in a way. If someone is intent on pulling such a nasty stunt, up the anti alittle and see how far they're willing to go before giving up :P

As a med professional we unfortunately have to exude maturity. - at all times

As a med professional we unfortunately have to exude maturity. - at all times

As a retailer, professional conduct was expected, but that doesn't mean I didn't get away with blue murder when customers became difficult ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭apache

Haha It's tempting sometimes - trust me!

I love the job though - even though we're not immune to getting spat at
    just home from an 18hr shift. i had a bucket of poo thrown over me. i bet your man was marinating it for days! 4 of us got dumped on. i hate it when that happens. it was a pretty **** day!
    i love my job too :D

Blue murder - blue movies , you have a pattern

You young lady are looking for patterns where there are none :P

apache wrote: »
    just home from an 18hr shift. i had a bucket of poo thrown over me. i bet your man was marinating it for days! 4 of us got dumped on. i hate it when that happens. it was a pretty **** day!
    i love my job too :D

You a nurse?

• Advertisement

Have you not noticed, she likes a good pattern ;) for all we know you love the colour blue or maybe you're into dangerous sports!

You should know better than to make them so easy to find than :p

Aishae wrote: »
    Have you not noticed, she likes a good pattern ;) for all we know you love the colour blue or maybe you're into dangerous sports!

Dangerous sports, yes. Blue, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭apache

You a nurse?
    no i'm not a nurse. at least you get some nice patients if you're a nurse ;)

apache wrote: »
    no i'm not a nurse. at least you get some nice patients if you're a nurse ;)

Are you another EMT?

Even though I quit drinking nearly 3 years ago, for some strange reason I have a craving for a Bud and tequila.

Damn I need a sex therapist - either that or the menopause is striking early

A therapist?

I am actually dying of "drought" - my temperature keeps going high n' low

• Advertisement

Sex drought? That's what happens when you leave a relationship.

Advertisement