Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

Morning all - I have a conundrum .
    Blackberry or samsung galaxy ?
    God. iPhone or andriod! I had a cheap version of blackberry. It was a bitch with the keyboard. I got a stylus for the iPhone. Saves a lot of misspelled headaches!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

Aishae wrote: »
    God. iPhone or andriod! I had a cheap version of blackberry. It was a bitch with the keyboard. I got a stylus for the iPhone. Saves a lot of misspelled headaches!

The cheap versions of the blackberry are meant to freeze a lot so I don't know what to do a lot of people are saying samsung galaxy - has anyone had problems with one of those ?

The cheap versions of the blackberry are meant to freeze a lot so I don't know what to do a lot of people are saying samsung galaxy - has anyone had problems with one of those ?
    I hear them lauded a lot. And the Evo. Good alternatives to iPhone.

Lauded ?

Lauded ?
    Praised

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Thinking caps on please... I need to find a camel before tomorrow, obviously not a real one but don't mind if it's a figurine or soft toy. Had tried a few local toy shops, Argos and even the shop at the zoo. Anyone any bright ideas as to what kind of shop might have one? Am based in Belfast.

Thanks

Thinking caps on please... I need to find a camel before tomorrow, obviously not a real one but don't mind if it's a figurine or soft toy. Had tried a few local toy shops, Argos and even the shop at the zoo. Anyone any bright ideas as to what kind of shop might have one? Am based in Belfast.

Thanks
    Is there a hamleys toy shop up there? They tend to stock all sortsa beanies n figures

No Hamleys I'm afraid

No Hamleys I'm afraid
    Any kind of expensive toy store? Hamleys is like the toy version of harrods. I've seen similar stores abroad...

Think I may have just struck gold with the early learning centre... Off to shop. Thanks Aishae : )

• Advertisement

Samsung it is :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

3 days in hospital and a truck drives into me on my way home. Back to hospital again last night. It's a miracle I'm not dead :eek:

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    3 days in hospital and a truck drives into me on my way home. Back to hospital again last night. It's a miracle I'm not dead :eek:
    Eek!!!
    Was it a bad hit? Jaysus that's some bad luck... :(
    Hopefully it will not mean a hosp stay

Eek!!!

Jesus - you ok?:eek: . Scrap that obviously not - but any breaks or fractures?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Eek!!!
    Well my new car is completely written off :( Nope no more hospital thank gayoverlordinthesky :)
    Jesus - you ok?:eek: . Scrap that obviously not - but any breaks or fractures?

Not one break or fracture, just minor bruises and abrasions.

I'll throw up pics in a bit, seriously miraculous.

Jesus poor car though...

On a sidenote I like ; gayoverlordinthesky!

gayoverlordinthesky!

she needs praising :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Sounds like you had a lucky escape Banzai

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

God, Banzai hope you're doing ok!

I feel like a fraud in comparison now but I can lift my arm another bit more today, so yay!

• Advertisement

on shift - its a slow day thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Combination of stress and transcribing 15 hour long interviews for my PhD!

@WonderWoman: totally. :p

Voice recognition software ftw must be some reasonably priced speech to text software out there for that!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

stephen_n wrote: »
    Voice recognition software ftw must be some reasonably priced speech to text software out there for that!

I've seen the best out there. Takes ages to train and still has the odd hiccup.

I've seen the best out there. Takes ages to train and still has the odd hiccup.

I didn't know they existed

Why are A&E nurses so hot? - are they meant to give you the delusion you've died and gone to heaven whilst you're in a critical state?

I used to work in retail selling all sorts of IT related products. One version of speech to text is Dragon software which actually works well for people with disabilities as most come with a bluetooth hands free kit. Sorry if it sounds like I'm advertising just pointing out that there is some good stuff out there. Even the best though can be slightly problemmatic.

Why are A&E nurses so hot? - are they meant to give you the delusion you've died and gone to heaven whilst you're in a critical state?

Why some people like me are prone to injuries, for the sake of perving.

Why some people like me are prone to injuries, for the sake of perving.

You should become an EMT then :p

I'd be no good as an EMT. The first thing I'd do while approaching the scene of a crash is bring a bag of plasters and a can of Budweiser so the occupants could take the edge of things while they wait for someone useful.

• Advertisement

I use dragon dictate on the iPhone. I use it to send texts and update Facebook sometimes. Though I mainly wanted it to use when somewhere quiet with someone who doesnt know fingerspelling.
    It's quite accurate but you need to know how to dictate really. And also not overdo it.
    I had dragon naturally speaking years ago. Jaysus it was rubbish....

Advertisement