Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

josip wrote: »
    Just managed to get in shot

i1mgF80.png

And the other prat George labour lawlor sticking his hand up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

josip wrote: »
    ??
    Maps on Android are still showing via Ballycanew with an alternative through Enniscorthy.
    What do you mean by N25?

I'm wrong!

MAJJ wrote: »
    I'm wrong!

M still not updated for me???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

road_high wrote: »
    The PR spin is totally OTT for this scheme- goes to show little big road building is going on that the Taaoiseach and entourage had to show up- previous more important and busier motorway sections opened with barely a whimper before with council dignatories and maybe the Transport minster. Seems now they just milk every thing for all it’s worth for PR

Even Verucca would find it hard to make a fcuk up of cutting a ribbon although if there's anybody I'd trust to do it..............
    Larry, Curly and Moe centre shot, sure what could go wrong.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

m17 wrote: »
    There must be a great buzz around the people of enniscourty have the town back to them selfs
    TomTom updated already...

485614.PNG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

kneemos wrote: »
    Some serious queues in Oylgate apparently. Temporary hopefully.

I was on the road this evening. Great job and some great vistas.

But that's the thing that struck me. This will take traffic off the Ballycanew - Wexford town road. So it'll mean more traffic through Oylegate.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,416 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I was on the road this evening. Great job and some great vistas.

But that's the thing that struck me. This will take traffic off the Ballycanew - Wexford town road. So it'll mean more traffic through Oylegate.

Couple of reports on Facebook at 4.30 and 5.30 of a kilometer long tailback.

Beyond comprehension that they couldn't see the outcome for the quality of life for Oylgate residents. Even if they' are going to extend it,it will be many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Is the the part from Scarawalsh to Clonroche open too.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Last Stop

Beyond comprehension that they couldn't see the outcome for the quality of life for Oylgate residents. Even if they' are going to extend it,it will be many years.

Part of me thinks this is a deliberate ploy to get schemes built. Another example was Newlands cross increasing the need for M7 widening. Putting Oylgate in the original scheme would have upped the price and potentially made it too expense. Now TII can go to the government and say something needs to be done urgently. A 5km bypass as a stand-alone project can be justified pretty quickly.
    Remember that the Tuam bypass was not part of the original planned scheme and isn’t part of the M17/18 PPP. Thank Christ they added that one in.

Is this a low noise road?

• Advertisement

SCOOP 64 wrote: »

Not yet.

20190718-163544.jpg

Two questions:

Why does the M11 in Dublin start at Junction 4?
    Why is the route from Junction 6 (or Junction 3 as it should be) to Junction 14 (should be Junction 11) classed as the N11? Shouldn't it be upgraded to motorway standard?

Historically there was 3 more junctions north of the current start. It would be too confusing to change it now. Like no junction 8 on M50.

There are a number of entrances on this stretch meaning it can’t be classed as motorway. I believe the plan is to upgrade it but it’s tight in parts in part Kilmacanogue. There’s a whole other thread on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭BelfastVanMan

SCOOP 64 wrote: »

Not yet. :-/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

I can't see any reason why this shouldn't happen.

Also, as I have asked, why does the M11 at the M50 start at Junction 4 and not Junction 1?

If the M50 Eastern Bypass we’re built, the Eastern Bypass would become the M50 and M50 J14-J17 would become M11.

Thus M11 J1 would be current M50 J14, Leopardstown would become J2, Cherrywood J3, the current M50/M11 would become M11 J4.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,416 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

What about the N11 from J6 to J14? Shouldn't that be upgraded to the M11?

They will be in time

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Not yet.

20190718-163544.jpg
    Interesting road markings. Is there anything stopping me overtaking and crossing right over to the right lane there?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭badgerbroc11

8 minutes saving for me on my journey home tonight. 6kms longer.

Waze app tried to route me on the new N30.

Nice road to drive with some great views. I still find the Gorey bypass boring but the Enniscorthy drive should be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 20 thethinker

Passed this car heading south on the the motorway about 5:30pm today. No google maps marking - yellow reg - wonder who they were operating on behalf of?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Any potential timeframe?

A whole thread on it here ...

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057631449

There's a study currently being carried out by consultants.

Some parts will be relatively easy the further south you go, but areas like the Glen of the Downs, Kilmac and around the Enniskerry turnoff will be far from trivial to implement.

• Advertisement

thethinker wrote: »
    Passed this car heading south on the the motorway about 5:30pm today. No google maps marking - yellow reg - wonder who they were operating on behalf of?

It's emblazoned on the side of the car!

https://www.here.com/

How will it not be easy to implement?

There is little room for expansion either side or to provide a link road to take all of the junctions off the mainline. Possible but not easy. The joys of engineering :D

Alun wrote: »
    It's emblazoned on the side of the car!

https://www.here.com/

Ha! Never occurred to me that was their name. I just thought it was some sort of marketing message. Have I been living in a bubble; are they well enough known to leave it at "here" - no need for a website or description of product?

Ha! Never occurred to me that was their name. I just thought it was some sort of marketing message. Have I been living in a bubble; are they well enough known to leave it at "here" - no need for a website or description of product?
    They're the company previously known as Navteq supplier of mapping data to many car companies for their in car satnavs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,397 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Likes of Adare et al have been waiting many decades and are far worse bottlenecks. Oilgate is a few houses at a crossroads. It won’t happen for a long time as it’s not a priority scheme given the scale of problems elsewhere

murphaph wrote: »
    Interesting road markings. Is there anything stopping me overtaking and crossing right over to the right lane there?

Nope, just that solid white line.

Nope, just that solid white line.

Is there not a barrier in between? Well that’s a death trap in the making

murphaph wrote: »

Was the picture taken today on a road that is open? Just asking as it looks confusing/dangerous. Where is the road, and what direction was the camera pointing?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭BelfastVanMan

I think it's laid out that way because it's a temporary terminus.
    The M11 will most likely now be extended to Rosslare, as mentioned before.
    Whenever that might be..

• Advertisement

Was the picture taken today on a road that is open? Just asking as it looks confusing/dangerous. Where is the road, and what direction was the camera pointing?

Taken today on the Scarawalsh to Dunsinane/Clonroche road, Enniscorthy bypass. It's not open yet.
    Pointing northeast to where the unopened road crosses over the L6124.

Advertisement