Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Heritage] ITG: 141 Farewell and A39 Launch. Who is going?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

No I'm nearly sure now thats what it was. There was a tour due to run up from Sligo to Belfast as well by a guy from down here in Waterford and it was cancelled too. There was a load off angry people on MSN railway news about it, can't find it now but I distinctly remember it.

Actually now that I think of it is the old MSN railway news site gone. It was a handy yoke for finding out bits about railtours but I can't seem to find it. Pity if it is.

The MSN site morphed into IRN. They changed to Yuku forums but i think the picture gallery still exists in MSN cyberspace somewhere!

Edit: Here's the pics-http://irishrailwaynews.multiply.com/photos

MSN Groups was closed down and that took IRN with it. They moved to http://irnirishrailwaynews.yuku.com but they now forbid dicussion of railtours unless the operator seeks permission to promote it. The photo gallery was moved to Multiply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 kingstapler

I see now, thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭GM071class

lord lucan wrote: »
    Go on,you know you want to!:p

Its simply to shrouded in politics and 'big headed fools' to really push for answers on this one! You can find that a wrong word can result in many noses being knocked outta joint.

But the RPSI are a TOC (Train Operating Company), they have their own stock and loco's and so on, the ITG aren't seen in the same light.

Anyway just thought I'd mention I stuck some pic's up from the 'Easter Eggs-press' RPSI trip to Mullingar. www.IrishMotivePower.fotopic.net

Regards,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Karsini wrote: »
    MSN Groups was closed down and that took IRN with it. They moved to http://irnirishrailwaynews.yuku.com but they now forbid dicussion of railtours unless the operator seeks permission to promote it. The photo gallery was moved to Multiply.

IRN forbid discussion on anything other than trainspotting threads by assorted Tarquins (and their fellow travellers) and seem determined to protect certain despicable individuals from criticism. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

IRN forbid discussion on anything other than trainspotting threads by assorted Tarquins (and their fellow travellers) and seem determined to protect certain despicable individuals from criticism. :D

And whom might these certain dispicable individuals be?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

shamwari wrote: »
    And whom might these certain dispicable individuals be?

Probably the people who banned Judgement Day from IRN:D

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Transportuser09

Despicable individuals? Really? What sort of hidden atrocities would they be covering up in the railway world? And as for these continued references to 'Tarquins', I'm as Irish as the next guy but you come across as a bit, well, Anglophobic in some of your posts to put in mildly. You're not the only one either mind. Regardless from looking at IRN I get the impression that many of the posters are Irish anyway. I doubt theres many English people who come over to give daily recordings of what 29000 worked what and the like. And there does appear to be some non-trainspotting threads there too, including discussions on the Rosslare-Waterford line just like there is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭dowlingm

let's not go down this road again eh?

Let's concentrate on real villains - the D of T incl. the minister, Ciaran Cuffe the hypocrite, the local authorities who want everything if someone else pays for it, and the Irish Rail management.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Hamndegger wrote: »
    Probably the people who banned Judgement Day from IRN:D

I wonder why you were kicked off, JD?

• Advertisement

Hamndegger wrote: »
    I wonder why you were kicked off, JD?

Indeed. Oh and I note another person who posted here (not JD in fairness) who mentioned the names of a few people on IRN as being of UK bent and making the usual tarquin / trainspotter comments. On a quick trawl from IRN, I saw one of these named "UK" people posting something in Irish!

I didn't know Irish was on the curriculum in UK grammer schools, nor I bet is the disgraceful, disgusting, and totally unjustified prejudice displayed by some here towards people from the UK. Folks, it is time this nonsense stopped for good.

I urge anyone who agrees with me to please put a "thanks" at the bottom of this post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Indeed. Oh and I note another person who posted here (not JD in fairness) who mentioned the names of a few people on IRN as being of UK bent and making the usual tarquin / trainspotter comments. On a quick trawl from IRN, I saw one of these named "UK" people posting something in Irish!

I didn't know Irish was on the curriculum in UK grammer schools, nor I bet is the disgraceful, disgusting, and totally unjustified prejudice displayed by some here towards people from the UK. Folks, it is time this nonsense stopped for good.

I urge anyone who agrees with me to please put a "thanks" at the bottom of this post.

You may be surprised to read this page - post #62 http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055760635&page=5 but this does not prevent me poking fun at the Nigels and Tarquins. :D

Poking fun is one thing, and I like most reasonable people could well live with that ;)

On the other hand, it is the clearly bitter vitriolic stuff that has not place here. Thanks for the above JD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭FlameoftheWest

You make it sound racist which it isn't. Grow up FFS. Trainspotters are not a separate ethnic group with their own customs, native dress and specfic dietary needs.

trainspotter.jpg

He could be just like anyone else.

Despicable individuals? Really? What sort of hidden atrocities would they be covering up in the railway world?

There was case of the Nigel from Burrow in Furness who became an outcast among his peers when he incorrectly identified the foundary casting number on a Class 52 bogie underfame. An unforgivable crime to these types. Rumour has it when the moon is full you can see him flicking through a 1986 Network SouthEast diagram chart on the platforms at Temple Mead station while screaming for justice.

You make it sound racist which it isn't. Grow up FFS. Trainspotters are not a separate ethnic group with their own customs, native dress and specfic dietary needs.

trainspotter.jpg

He could be just like anyone else.

Eh, dude, I think was referring to the anti-English (tarquin/nigel) stance that a few on this board appear to take in some of their posts.

There was case of the Nigel from Burrow in Furness who became an outcast among his peers when he incorrectly identified the foundary casting number on a Class 52 bogie underfame. An unforgivable crime to these types. Rumour has it when the moon is full you can see him flicking through a 1986 Network SouthEast diagram chart on the platforms at Temple Mead station while screaming for justice.

So from this sarcasm I take it you agree with me that there are no dispicible acts being covered up in the railway world. I thought so. Great.

I think it is you who need to grow up. Your intolerances and prejudices are unbelievable. Carry on as you are man. Your buffonery is hilarious. :D

I think it is you who need to grow up. Your intolerances and prejudices are unbelievable. Carry on as you are man. Your buffonery is hilarious. :D

Yikes the trainspotters are forming an army! So what'll be the main attack strategy? Flicking dried on baked beans off your dead uncle's parka in the direction of the Counter Tarquins?

You do realise that both you and your thumbs up brigade are just validating the sterotype that trainspotters are socially inept borderline aspbergers cases who lack any kind of sense of humour?

Just to clarify:

A) Trainspotters are not an ethnic group, religion or gender. None of you were born with a notebook in your hands. So end the phoney victim complex you'll make WestonTrack jealous. As for the Anti-English stuff that's just bull**** and you know it.

B) What the hell is this thread doing on a board about commuting and transport anyways?

Seems like you are the ones who are taking this board away from commuters and people interested in rail transport issues and turning into a colonial outpost of IRN. So who are you lot to talk about standards when you lot have posted endless images of trains and model locomotives on this board for months now and I do not see "Locos, Real and Models" as the title of this forum. Supreme hypocites I'd say.

Take your own preducies and baffoney back to you natural habitat of IRN and let people who see a train as some to get to somewhere else have their board back please.

Go back to IRN Tarquin and take Nigel with you. Thanks.

Don't worry I won't ask for a show of thumbs up for this post in order to make me feel loved.

Take your own preducies and baffoney back to you natural habitat of IRN and let people who see a train as some to get to somewhere else have their board back please.

Do you realise the irony of your words? (Hint; I've highlighted for you to make it easier to spot).

• Advertisement

Yikes the trainspotters are forming an army!

Ah come on now FlameoftheWest, admit it, up till now you've been able to use this forum as a vehicle to have you're little rants no matter how prejudiced or just plain irelavent they may be. Now people are gradually starting to speak against this and that angers you, doesn't it. For a guy who has claimed to have been a lecturer you really don't think a lot of your arguments through, do you? Many of your posts seem to based around the formula of blaming any group that comes to mind, no need for them to be of relavence to the issue at hand. People started to complain against the anti-English sentiments on this site and you go off on a tarade against trainspotters, you also manage to bring IRN into the debate. Could you're frustration be that maybe you were once banned from IRN, and up till now this site has been a safe haven for you innane rants, but now even here people are beginning to grow weary of you... Mmm, is that it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Go back to IRN Tarquin and take Nigel with you. Thanks.

This was funny the first few times over a yr ago, but it's now as old as the original WRC thread.

Grow up and think of something better to come up with, rather than slagging off an interest/hobby.

I dont see anyone else slagging off the likes of any other hobbies in this forum, such as fishing, or photography.

Each to their own, and let them be. Seeing as you seem to spend most of you're time on this slagging off other people & their interests, perhaps you should consider getting a hobby?
    Or maybe your hobby is slagging off other people's interests.:rolleyes:

And no, I'm not one of these "train spotter fanatics" who is sticking up for the hobby and is creating an army bigger than China to conquer the tratiors to 'dis' trainspotting.......

You know for a guy who hates trainspotters so much you seem to know a lot about the hobby. Although I suppose there are such things as anti-semetic jews so, anythings possible...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭dowlingm

oh baby jesus please close this thread.

As for the Anti-English stuff that's just bull**** and you know it.
    No I don't think so, because you can't take a swipe at the trainspotter brigade without dragging nationalities into it. The same way it wouldn't be right if you were to drag, for example, their religion or the colour of their skin into it. It's time this disgraceful discrimination stopped.

Ah come on now FlameoftheWest, admit it, up till now you've been able to use this forum as a vehicle to have you're little rants no matter how prejudiced or just plain irelavent they may be. Now people are gradually starting to speak against this and that angers you, doesn't it. For a guy who has claimed to have been a lecturer you really don't think a lot of your arguments through, do you? Many of your posts seem to based around the formula of blaming any group that comes to mind, no need for them to be of relavence to the issue at hand. People started to complain against the anti-English sentiments on this site and you go off on a tarade against trainspotters, you also manage to bring IRN into the debate. Could you're frustration be that maybe you were once banned from IRN, and up till now this site has been a safe haven for you innane rants, but now even here people are beginning to grow weary of you... Mmm, is that it?

+1. Couldn't have put it better myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

Indeed it is, hence all the howling ! :rolleyes:

dowlingm wrote: »
    oh baby jesus please close this thread.

Who do you think are allowing the Tarquin Liberation Army to launch this combined sorte.

More plants on this board than in the Botanic Gardens. Not to mention the flexible nature of the Conflicts of Interest thread. Which apparently does not apply to the moderators only to the posters.

Who do you think are allowing the Tarquin Liberation Army to launch this combined sorte.

More plants on this board than in the Botanic Gardens. Not to mention the flexible nature of the Conflicts of Interest thread. Which apparently does not apply to the moderators only to the posters.

Firstly its the Tarquins, then it's the mods following agendas. It always someone bloody else, isn't it? All we are missing now are cries of "Oh woe is me!"

Listen, if you want to know who is responsible for this, start by grabbing a mirror and have a damn good look.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

then it's the mods following agendas. .....

Well, I reckon you should do a little checking before you cite that comment as being possibly wrong or uncalled for.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement