Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

we lead 12 pts to 6 at half time..

leading 2-13 to 2-09 midway through the second half...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Nice win

Enough errors at the back to keep them honest

Leo talking up cian lynch for the seniors

thought colin ryan was good from what I heard

await the reports

3-17 to 2-11 Good win and good score to put up.
    Remember, there is no such thing as a weak Tipp team.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

A very good display from the minors, not perfect but impressive. Tipp weren't really at the races tbh, poor enough on the day. In the first half, they kept in touch with frees- some silly ones to give away... but only for one period did they really look like threatening. Tynan dropped back and won a huge amount of ball, we found it hard to stop his direct running but it was really individual errors that led to their goals and that gave them a bit of hope, but we killed them off nicely in the end.

Cian Lynch is just a class hurler, he was immense tonight, almost everything he touched turned to gold. He works extremely hard, his touch is immaculate, he's got a sidestep that would bamboozle anyone and he can hit scores on the run from anywhere. Rare that you see a hurler as naturally gifted as him. He has physical and aerial ability too- my only criticism of him would be that sometimes he tries to be too spectacular when something simple would be the better option.

Jamie Porter, Andrew La Touche Cosgrave, Ronan Lynch, Barry Nash and Colin Ryan & Conor Fitzgerald were other standouts.

Enough mistakes to work on, thought the midfield found it hard to impose themselves on the game. Some of our backs made poor individual errors that cost us. Our inside forward line struggled to win ball at times, although Ryan really grew into the game and was the go-to man. Impressive stuff from him.

We showed the ability to win clean ball in the air is such an asset, and when you've got overlapping runners, you can cause havoc. Two of the goals came directly from that. Impressed with the management too, weren't afraid to make changes when things weren't working... Doyle had a poor game, didn't look fit, he was pulled off very early- maybe he shouldn't have started but the y weren't afraid to rectify the mistake and his replacement, Fitzgerald was excellent.

Ronan Lynch slotted a free from his own 45 in the first half, that's class stuff from a minor. His physicality and general class on the ball are a great asset. But the minors are a good outfit, they seem to mix the short and long game a lot better than their senior colleagues. Few bad short passes and few aimless long balls but by and large, they used the ball very well. Much better than Tipp on the day, but a little slump in the middle of the 2nd half may be a worry. Cork will be a much bigger test, but if we can get over that, we're guaranteed at least 2 more games. IMO, Cork and Limerick will be the 2 best teams in Munster this year, so it won't be easy and we can't get too cocky after this one.

• Advertisement

I know Eamonn Cregan can be a divisive figure, a lot of people don't like him, and he might be pretty hard to like. But... he was a wonderful hurler, and as a coach, teams he's involved with tend to do pretty well. You certainly can't fault him for what he does, he puts a huge amount into underage hurling in the county, and he does love Limerick. To be honest, if I were to pick a Limerick man to be involved with the senior team, I'd pick Cregan ahead of anybody else. He has won an All-Ireland as player and manager, he knows Limerick, and he is a good technical coach. I don't know if he'd be a great manager, but put him alongside him and he'd do well. I know it's never going to happen at this stage, and I suppose we should be glad he's bringing through good players at underage level. He focuses on the basics first, he coaches, good, solid players but he doesn't coach the spark out of players- he allows inspiration flourish. After all, he was a top player himself.

Anyway, player-by-player:

Eoghan McNamara- Did fairly well, made a good save or two... made one big error which led to a goal iirc. Puckouts good.

Sean Finn- Very good player, pretty much your typical, tenacious corner-back. Covered for the others when they made mistakes, stuck tight to his man.

Darragh Fanning- I think he did pretty well. Tipp's inside line weren't overly threatening in my view. Maybe not great when isolated, but what full-back is.

Jamie Porter- Swept up a huge amount of ball brilliantly in the 2nd half, struggled a bit in the first. Again, you don't want any of the full-back line to be isolated or exposed.

Andrew La Touche Cosgrave- Made a couple of mistakes, sure, but was excellent. Strong in the air, performed a number of lovely flicks to clear the ball. Great sideline cut, excellent distribution. Fine hurler.

Ronan Lynch- A strong player, I think he'll grow into the centre-back role in time. Strong in the air, strong in the tackle, great striker of the ball. Don't want him to drift though and leave gaps. Made a mistake for one of their goals... but he hurled well and he hit an absolute monster free, plus a few other nice ones.

Lorcan Lyons- Scored a great point after making a big catch. Was good in the air mostly, but his touch let him down a few times and was a bit slow to react. Was taken off at about the right time, wasn't his best day at the office. He is a better player than that but there's lots of competition.

Robbie Hanley- The midfield wasn't dominant... last year we had 2 excellent midfielders, but Hanley and O'Brien didn't impose themselves much. Held onto the ball too long imo. He was left on longer and he did okay, but nothing spectacular.

Cian O'Brien- Tried hard, but again, didn't impose himself. Hit a few aimless balls and also held onto the ball too long. Was taken off. Would have expected better.

Seamus Flanagan- Intelligent hurler. Bit weird though, in loads of space at times, he never looked to shoot. Always looked to pass... it works sometimes but sometimes you just need your forwards to slot the ball over the bar. The quietest of the half-forward line, and he seemed to keep slipping. Good player though, look forward to seeing him exert a bigger influence on games. Set up the 2nd goal with a great crossfield pass.

Barry Nash- He was very good. Powerful in the air, a good, direct runner... and he finished with 2-2 from play. One brilliant point from the sideline, goals were well-taken. A key player this year for sure.

Cian Lynch- A masterclass from Ciaran Carey's nephew. I said he was the best player on the minor team last year and my opinion hasn't changed this year. He has a skill level that most senior intercounty players would kill for. I don't want to give him a big head, I'd say he's not lacking in confidence- he comes across as an arrogant hurler with a bit of swagger, but it's what makes him so good. And he is that good. He works hard, he can win ball, he's strong. As long as he keeps his work rate up and it doesn't go to his head, he will be one of the best hurlers in the country. I know it's not good to hype up players this young, but you can tell he will be a class player.

Tom Morrissey- Kind of player who really needs ball directly on top of him, can be beaten by pace. Struggled at the start, but he did work hard and ball broke off him. Can make more of an impact, particularly on the scoreboard.

Ed Doyle- Not a good day for him, not sure if he was fully fit. Seemed to be way off the pace, his touch was poor. Was taken off early. Harsh on him, I know he's better than that. Hopefully he'll be better next time.

Colin Ryan- Goalkeeper last year, a class corner-forward this year. Super addition to the attack. Took him a while to get going, but when he did, he was excellent. Was on the frees, slotted the close-in ones well. Won one free himself brilliantly after catching the ball and running down the wing. His aerial ability was the thing most notable, he was the person who made the last pass for all 3 goals- the first and last were just class assists. Took one or two going backwards. And finished with 0-4 from play too, I think. Very lively.

Conor Fitzgerald- First sub on, into the full-forward line. Very good player, worked really hard, won some nice ball, set up scores and scored one brilliant one himself. Can't have done much more to get a starting place tbh.

Thomas Grimes- Was brought in the midfield area, although we had Nash and Lynch dropping very deep at times. One excellent run set up a score. Just used the ball simply and effectively. Young player, good option.

Paddy O'Loughlin- Came in in the half-back line. Looked good. Strong in the air, used the ball well.

Shane O'Connell- I really like him as a hurler, would be tempted to start him in either midfield or half-back the next day. Came on as a blood sub early on and replaced Hanley later on... worked very hard, but he's a clever player, waits for the right pass. Skilful too.

Slightly surprised we didn't see Dylan Dawson, I'd have used all the subs, thought we were well on top, couldn't have hurt to try players. But the management were good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Was at the match fireball,and I pretty much agree your report and rating of the players and I said similar in the cork thread.

One thing as I said in cork thread,the influence of jerry wallis cant be underestimated,he is ,i have seen him with minors and u14,15,16 squads saturday mornings ul,with them a Central and key man with ,touch,ball speed and also hooking and blocking .

Taking nothing away from ryan,he has a role ,and is good manager ,overseeing it,but make no mistake creegan has like you say a huge influence and wallis is key to the coaching .He brings a science and innovation that most intercounty teams dnt have .

I would agree re paddy o loughlin ,and seen him a few games and what I hear ,instrumenstal at centre back for charville in kinnane cup,and awesome at 4 in harty for a young man against doon in gaelic grounds and shane o conell,i agree is certain start next day ,can play 5,9 or 12.

O loughlin could start corner back.

Ye seniors ,play cork likey in chareville ,in challenge this night two weeks time .

Was at the match fireball,and I pretty much agree your report and rating of the players and I said similar in the cork thread.

One thing as I said in cork thread,the influence of jerry wallis cant be underestimated,he is ,i have seen him with minors and u14,15,16 squads saturday mornings ul,with them a Central and key man with ,touch,ball speed and also hooking and blocking .

Taking nothing away from ryan,he has a role ,and is good manager ,overseeing it,but make no mistake creegan has like you say a huge influence and wallis is key to the coaching .He brings a science and innovation that most intercounty teams dnt have .

I would agree re paddy o loughlin ,and seen him a few games and what I hear ,instrumenstal at centre back for charville in kinnane cup,and awesome at 4 in harty for a young man against doon in gaelic grounds and shane o conell,i agree is certain start next day ,can play 5,9 or 12.

O loughlin could start corner back.

Ye seniors ,play cork likey in chareville ,in challenge this night two weeks time .

FFS, heading to Scotland for that weekend

Looking at our fixtures in both codes, at all levels for this year.

Our footballers and hurlers both play Tipp on the same weekend, would have been nice if it could have been a double header. But I suppose neither the Tipp hurlers nor our footballers wanted to concede home advantage, and I suppose with them being on two different days means supporters can get to both.

The U-21 hurlers are out the following Wednesday after the seniors, so the likes of Dowling, maybe Carmody/Morrissey/Reidy, will have played two big games in a short space of time.

The minor footballers are our next team up, they're playing this week.

However, interested in seeing what kind of U-21 team we put together. Last 2 years we have been very disappointing, despite some very talented players. It's a big test for Carey, who will need to do a good job, if he ever wants to get near the senior job.

I imagine our U-21 hurlers will be choosing from a group of players such as:

Goalkeepers: PJ Hall (Adare), Colin Ryan (Pallasgreen), Darragh Stapleton (Doon)

Full-Backs: Mark Carmody (Patrickswell), Niall Carmody (Patrickswell), James Carrig (Patrickswell), Michael Casey (Na Piarsaigh), Richie English (Doon), Shane Irwin (Bruff), Mark O'Callaghan (Knockaderry)

Half-Backs: Diarmuid Byrnes (Patrickswell), Evan Fitzgerald (Claghaun), Andrew Hannigan (St. Pat's), Andrew La Touche Cosgrave (Monaleen), Barry Lynch (Feohanagh/Castlemahon), Ronan Lynch (Na Piarsaigh), Dan Morrissey (Ahane), Barry O'Connell (Kildimo/Pallaskenry)

Midfielders: Jamie Butler (Feohanagh/Castlemahon), Diarmuid Dee (Mungret), Darragh Donovan (Doon), Brian Finn (Bruff), Jody Hannon (Adare), William O'Donoghue (Na Piarsaigh), Adrian Roberts (Ballybrown)

Half-Forwards: David Condron (Granagh/Ballingarry), Dave Dempsey (Na Piarsaigh), Leigh Doolin (Ballybrown), Shane Dowling (Na Piarsaigh), Mike Fitzgibbon (Feohanagh/Castlemahon), Gearoid Hegarty (St. Pat's) Jack Kelliher (Patrickswell), Cian Lynch (Patrickswell), Barry Nash (South Liberties), Brendan O'Connor (Croagh/Kilfinny), Eoin O'Farrell (Croom), David Reidy (Dromin/Athlacca)

Full-Forwards: Jack Aherne (Killeedy), Dean Coleman (Doon), Evan Egan (Na Piasaigh), David Hall (Ballybrown), Barry Murphy (Doon), Kevin O'Brien (Patrickswell), Liam O'Sullivan (Knockaderry), Pat Ryan (Doon)

All those players have either impressed at minor over the past 3 years or have been included in U-21 squads in the past or have been noticeably good in this year's U-21 Championship (that people have actually said it to me). That's 45 players, they're obviously not all going to make the panel, but there may be a few who aren't listed here who will make it.

Those in bold have made the senior panel in the past.
    Those in bold & italics are still in the squad for the Championship.
    Those underlined were in the U-21 panel last year.
    Those in just italics are still minor and may not be included, I don't know what the policy will be.

• Advertisement

Below was the team I said I'd like to see start for the 21 Championship, if everyone was fit. I've actually changed my mind somewhat.

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Fwiw, come summer, and if everyone is fit, I'd like to see something like:

1. PJ Hall
    2. Shane Irwin
    3. Barry O'Connell
    4. Mark Carmody
    5. Barry Lynch
    6. Ronan Lynch
    7. Richie English
    8. Dan Morrissey
    9. Shane Dowling
    10. Cian Lynch
    11. Mike Fitzbibbon
    12. David Reidy
    13. Kevin O'Brien
    14. David Dempsey
    15. Jack Ahearne

That's a very strong-looking team imo... maybe even throw Dean Coleman in there somewhere, one of the form players in the club championship.

Now I'd probably go for:

1. PJ Hall
    2. Shane Irwin
    3. Richie English
    4. Mark Carmody
    5. Diarmuid Byrnes
    6. Barry Lynch
    7. Dan Morrissey
    8. Barry O'Connell
    9. Ronan Lynch
    10. Cian Lynch
    11. Shane Dowling
    12. David Reidy
    13. Kevin O'Brien
    14. Dave Dempsey/Dean Coleman
    15. Jack Aherne

16. Darragh Stapleton; 17. Michael Casey; 18. James Carrig; 19. Diarmuid Dee; 20. Jody Hannon; 21. Darragh Donovan; 22. Mike Fitzgibbon; 23. Brendan O'Connor; 24. Dave Dempsey/Dean Coleman

Although, knowing me, I'll have changed my mind again before then.

We do have loads of options, lots of skilful hurlers around. Have to get the right mix of wristy ability, with a bit of ball-winning ability and work rate too.

Getting a natural full-back, centre-back and the right pairing in midfield will be interesting. English played full-back for the minors and is probably the only real full-back there, Barry has played there at minor and U-21 level but is more comfortable up the pitch, same with Dan Morrissey. Then at centre-back, we have the option of Morrissey/O'Connell/2 Lynches/Byrnes... I picked Lynch and flanked him with 2 of the others. Then Barry and Ronan Lynch, two unbelievably skilful hurlers who should be able to sweep up well, as long as they keep their work rate up.

Cian Lynch is a good ball-winner, although 21s backs will be a different prospect. Dowling is also well capable of winning his own ball, and Reidy has been utilised as an option at senior level. Maybe you'd need someone like Fitzgibbon here who the others can anchor off but I think those lads would do well..... then Dempsey/Coleman to join the lads inside, depending whether you want loads of pace or a more physical option.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭glasagusban

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Below was the team I said I'd like to see start for the 21 Championship, if everyone was fit. I've actually changed my mind somewhat.

Now I'd probably go for:

1. PJ Hall
    2. Shane Irwin
    3. Richie English
    4. Mark Carmody
    5. Diarmuid Byrnes
    6. Barry Lynch
    7. Dan Morrissey
    8. Barry O'Connell
    9. Ronan Lynch
    10. Cian Lynch
    11. Shane Dowling
    12. David Reidy
    13. Kevin O'Brien
    14. Dave Dempsey/Dean Coleman
    15. Jack Aherne

16. Darragh Stapleton; 17. Michael Casey; 18. James Carrig; 19. Diarmuid Dee; 20. Jody Hannon; 21. Darragh Donovan; 22. Mike Fitzgibbon; 23. Brendan O'Connor; 24. Dave Dempsey/Dean Coleman

Although, knowing me, I'll have changed my mind again before then.

We do have loads of options, lots of skilful hurlers around. Have to get the right mix of wristy ability, with a bit of ball-winning ability and work rate too.

Getting a natural full-back, centre-back and the right pairing in midfield will be interesting. English played full-back for the minors and is probably the only real full-back there, Barry has played there at minor and U-21 level but is more comfortable up the pitch, same with Dan Morrissey. Then at centre-back, we have the option of Morrissey/O'Connell/2 Lynches/Byrnes... I picked Lynch and flanked him with 2 of the others. Then Barry and Ronan Lynch, two unbelievably skilful hurlers who should be able to sweep up well, as long as they keep their work rate up.

Cian Lynch is a good ball-winner, although 21s backs will be a different prospect. Dowling is also well capable of winning his own ball, and Reidy has been utilised as an option at senior level. Maybe you'd need someone like Fitzgibbon here who the others can anchor off but I think those lads would do well..... then Dempsey/Coleman to join the lads inside, depending whether you want loads of pace or a more physical option.

There's definitely the makings of a good team there, though a lot of the players have a few years to go at this level or are even still minor. It's hard to call where a few players will start. Carmody could just as easily go midfield and O'Donoghue is another option there that has played a lot of high level hurling this year. The two Lynch's are both probably best at half forward. Dowling has never played much at 11 and seems best on the wing or at full forward. I reckon Byrnes will be centre back. Flanked by two of Morissey, O'Connell, Ronan or Barry Lynch and that's a decent line.

Expectations are low enough as Clare are runaway favourites to win it out, and rightly so. But some good performances and improvements in players and it'll be a good start for Ciarán. I expect Carey to at least pick a well balanced team with no glaring omissions or off positional selections, and hopefully they will be well coached and prepared. There are a good few there with promise to be future senior players.

Hall
    Casey O'Connell English
    B Lynch Byrnes Morrissey
    Carmody O'Donoghue
    R Lynch C Lynch Reidy
    Coleman Dowling Dempsey

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭francozola

Seen the highlights of the Minor match last night. Colin Ryan seemed to do everything right. Noticeable to see how much Cian Lynch and a few others have bulked up in a year.
    The only minor at this stage who should be under consideration to play is Ronan Lynch.

Posted a few weeks ago that Limerick beat Galway in a challenge and seemed to be a drilled outfit.

Also no mention of Darragh Kennedy is any of your squads, only recently after being dropped from the seniors.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭glasagusban

francozola wrote: »
    The only minor at this stage who should be under consideration to play is Ronan Lynch.

For the 21s? I would say Cian and Ronan are both certs to start.

Seen the highlights of the Minor match last night. Colin Ryan seemed to do everything right. Noticeable to see how much Cian Lynch and a few others have bulked up in a year.

Posted a few weeks ago that Limerick beat Galway in a challenge and seemed to be a drilled outfit.

Also no mention of Darragh Kennedy is any of your squads, only recently after being dropped from the seniors.

Why Ronan and not Cian? A good few of those lads are playing senior... if you're going to include them at all, you should pick the ones that are talented enough, and Cian is the most talented of the lot. I could understand not picking them while they're involved, it's not as if we don't have plenty of players available.

As for Darragh Kennedy, I don't mean to be harsh, but it was a massive shock that he was included for the seniors. He struggled to start every game for the minor team. A decent player but I wouldn't have had him in the top 10 minors last year. Hopefully he goes on to fulfil whatever potential O'Grady/Ryan saw in him.

Ronan mainly because he's further down the line in terms of physical development in my opinion.
    My fear with Cian would be that no doubt he is a great athlete and a skillful hurler but this is a big step up in terms of size and strength from Minor to U21.

In 2011 - Hannon and Dowling both were starters but both had the physique as well.
    Cian is not the dominant aerial threat and certainly I would not have him in the half forwards.

On Darragh Kennedy, my point was in relation to the rumours going about that Kennedy was called upto the panel in a case of mistaken identity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Ronan mainly because he's further down the line in terms of physical development in my opinion.
    My fear with Cian would be that no doubt he is a great athlete and a skillful hurler but this is a big step up in terms of size and strength from Minor to U21.

In 2011 - Hannon and Dowling both were starters but both had the physique as well.
    Cian is not the dominant aerial threat and certainly I would not have him in the half forwards.

On Darragh Kennedy, my point was in relation to the rumours going about that Kennedy was called upto the panel in a case of mistaken identity.

Jaysus he looked pretty dominant last thursday night and infact made a catch in the first half that was simply breath taking.

Would be very reluctant to start minors in u21 personally but I certainly wouldnt worry about him from a fielding perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Jaysus he looked pretty dominant last thursday night and infact made a catch in the first half that was simply breath taking.

Would be very reluctant to start minors in u21 personally but I certainly wouldnt worry about him from a fielding perspective.

Cian Lynch is well able for the Limerick 21s. Seniors is still a stretch for him, for anyone thinking he's good enough for them. Now i'm not saying he wouldn't make an impact as an impact sub at senior level like he has done for Patrickswell seniors but it's way too soon for him and it'd only go to his head.

Premier - agree with your point about being reluctant to minors at U21 level.
    There is a step up in speed, skill & size compared to Minor.
    That would be my main concern, would he bullied out of the game.

He has everything at this moment in time but that's at minor level.

I see Lynch as having the same potential/skill/style as Tony Kelly and as good as Kelly was at Minor, he was not on the Clare U21s in 2010 whilst on the Minor panel.

Minor footballers face Cork tonight in Páirc Uí Rinn. Throw-in at 7pm.

Don't hold out much hope, but hopefully we can put in a good performance. Don't really know much about many of the players, recognise a few players

LIMERICK: Andy Brudair (Newcastlewest); Luke O’Connell (Mungret), Sean Murphy (Newcastlewest), Stephan Brosnan (Monagea); Sean Ivess (Newcastlewest), Cormac Flanagan (Crecora), Fiachra O’Grady (Oola); Tommy Childs (Galtee Gaels), Mark Reidy (Croom); Mikey Morrissey (St Mary’s/Sean Finns), Richard Hayes (St Senans), Kieran Daly (Na Piarsaigh); Shane Stack (Newcastlewest), Conor Burke (Crecora), Killian Ryan (Mungret).

Subs: Raymond Noonan (St Kieran’s), Brendan Stack (Gerald Griffins), Robbie Graham (Na Piarsaigh), Dara Noonan (Gerald Griffins), Gary McCarthy (Galbally), David Hanley (Ballysteen), David Mackin (Crecora), Brian Hurley (Newcastlewest), Ciaran Kelly (Ballylanders).

Extended Panel: Ross Kennedy (Murroe Boher), Jack O’Donoghue (Granagh-Ballingarry), Robert Casey (Galbally), Colm Nicol (Ballybricken/Bohermore), Ciaran Brudair (Monagea), Dylan Noonan (Ballylanders), Declan Guerin (Ballysteen), Jamie Shinnors (Croom).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

I see Lynch as having the same potential/skill/style as Tony Kelly and as good as Kelly was at Minor, he was not on the Clare U21s in 2010 whilst on the Minor panel.

Kelly did play u-21 in 2011 while minor though.

Sorry got my years out by one so. Reading his bio now, can't believe his still U21 this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Any challenge games lined up for the senior hurles?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Vanolder wrote: »
    Any challenge games lined up for the senior hurles?

V cork chareville 26th

Does anyone know if the GAA Season ticket allows entry into Sunday's matches or not?
    As a neutral I might go in as it probably be the only decent inter county hurling the Gaelic Grounds will see this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Does anyone know if the GAA Season ticket allows entry into Sunday's matches or not?
    As a neutral I might go in as it probably be the only decent inter county hurling the Gaelic Grounds will see this summer.

it dose yeah it covers all league games, not just your own county so just turn up with it , mackey stand only though as far as i know.

Hearing the senior camp is a total mass. Players from one club walked out of training during the week. A lot of the squad cant work with one of our managers. Some comments that were made in the time of the strike by certain people being dragged up apparently. Saturdays game will be interesting, gutted to be missing it.

A decent crowd today in the Gaelic Grounds on a lovely day for hurling. Pitch was in good condition, the matches were fairly enjoyable, if not absolute top quality.

I wouldn't say any of those teams on show were ahead of where we were in the Championship last year. But they were miles ahead of where we were in the league... and if you're expecting them all to step up again, then we could be in trouble.

And if those rumours from the camp are true, then we're fcuked. It would be an awful pity to have another year down the drain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭eigrod

Donal O' Grady has advised the players this evening (by email) that he has stepped down as joint manager of Limerick Senior Hurlers.

Liam Aherne on Twitter : Players informed of O Gradys departure by email at 10:40 tonight. Rest of the management team stays in place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Donal O Grady is gone - fall out with the county board is to blame.

Examiner has a two page piece on it for tomorrow, so they heard before the players I'd say!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement