Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Snow - Midlands, West, North 5 - 15cm+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,513 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

yes very decent bits of snowflake, near claregalway galway, superb
    made it back from stag in one piece too always a plus (brussels dull, great ale thats it, no snow either) anyhow great stuff:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Currently raining in Limerick and I hope it stays like that along the N7 until I get back home to Dublin tomorrow night.

Then it can pelt snow as much as it wants! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

i thought things were to get milder not colder?

Not for the forseeable future. Temperatures will be up a little in the next day or two. Then the cold air comes south again. There is a risk of a major snow event on Friday. The North and Northwest look like staying just about in the cold air tomorrow and Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

irish1967 wrote: »
    The minute I see the first flake .... Even if it's a cornflake I am posting a Yesssssssss in the biggest font size possible!!!

flake.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

more sleety here - you far outside mallow?

About 7 miles west, up on a hill.

0.8C and dropping plenty fluffy snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    To all you waiting for snow further north, I am sure this music would best sum up your expectations:)
    http://www.youtube.com/v/V92OBNsQgxU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V92OBNsQgxU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm just thinking of owenc now with that video.

Still no snow :confused: It's cold enough to have snow :o The man next door to me just had snow, why can't I get it? :mad: :o:rolleyes::eek::confused::P:mad:

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

darkman2 wrote: »
    Not for the forseeable future. Temperatures will be up a little in the next day or two. Then the cold air comes south again. There is a risk of a major snow event on Friday. The North and Northwest look like staying just about in the cold air tomorrow and Thursday.

ok thanks thought it was all doom and gloom here last night! spring had arrived and i was told i was clutching at straws. is the GFS more positive today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

Tipsygypsy wrote: »
    Wish I could tell you but the nearest thing I have to a reading is what the good people on the Irish Weather Network tell me is happening in Oranmore! Cold enough for snowing but too warm for sticking!

Yep, sticking is out of the question here ATM in Ballybrit (about 80m ASL), but it's certainly getting heavier now.
    M6 new section will surely be snowy all over soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

rain in cork.:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

ok thanks thought it was all doom and gloom here last night! spring had arrived and i was told i was clutching at straws. is the GFS more positive today?

No, it has not changed really.

WRT Friday here are the charts.

UK Met Office

UW72-21.GIF?23-17

GFS

gfs-0-72.png?12

Good agreement there, Will have to be watched closely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

The minute I see the first flake .... Even if it's a cornflake I am posting a Yesssssssss in the biggest font size possible!!!
    cornflakes400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

K-9.. I should see something an hour before you.. if it dodges round me and hits you first it would be just typical though.

You are up L'Kenny direction aren't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 N.Dynamite

Steady snow here in Tyrrellspass since about 1.30, not sticking though :mad:. Come on snow....stick around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

It hasn't stopped here in Dublin 15 since my last post (which must be 2 hours ago or so!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

BREAKING NEWS: Trevor Sargent tenders resignation in the Dail

wintry outlook for him too

a bit of a flakey joke there Smashey.. might even go as far to say corny:p

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pokes

Getting pretty heavy here now.

230220101237.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Tiny snow grains (and the occasional bigie) falling thick and fast here - starting to stick to the moss on the window ledge.
    Just shows how much work is being done here at the mo ;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mainly light rain now. 1.4c DP 0.7c

Ah well, 3 hours of snow falling and a slushy dusting - can't really complain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Very calm here, no precip, no wind, not even a lone snow flake - but there is an powerful intensity to the air that you would imagine it being like just before the end of the World.

You can almost taste the mega-tsunami that is about to bury West Mayo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

What does it look like in Balinteer/Dundrum now anyone? Left there at 4 in mid blizzardlike snowfall? Was so jealous as it changed to sleet for me on the way home

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

a bit of a flakey joke there Smashey.. might even go as far to say corny:p
    That's the kind of thing my teacher back in 4th class taught me. ;)

snow ghost wrote: »
    Very calm here, no precip, no wind, not even a lone snow flake - but there is an powerful intensity to the air that you would imagine it being like just before the end of the World.

You can almost taste the mega-tsunami that is about to bury West Mayo.

Jaysus.. :eek::eek::eek:any more posts like that and I am moving away from the coast !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,513 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

wow very heavy now, wind pushing it hard this is great galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Heavy snow here now!! and it's starting to stick:D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    BREAKING NEWS: Trevor Sargent tenders resignation in the Dail

wintry outlook for him too

It's snow joke.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

What does it look like in Balinteer/Dundrum now anyone? Left there at 4 in mid blizzardlike snowfall? Was so jealous as it changed to sleet for me on the way home

Sleety rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

still light to moderate snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

danni2 wrote: »
    Heavy snow here now!! and it's starting to stick:D

great stuff. you seem like the generous type so send it further north please:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭John mac

K-9.. I should see something an hour before you.. if it dodges round me and hits you first it would be just typical though.

You are up L'Kenny direction aren't you?

nothing here either .. I'm about 90k south west of you .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement