Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Snow - Midlands, West, North 5 - 15cm+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

getting heavy now in Kinnegad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

I sit and I read and I wait. Come to daddy !!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭arctictree

Still snowing here but a bit lighter. 0.7c ATM. Hopefully that will drop a bit after dark. About an inch of snow here on the ground.

Anyone want a toboggan?! :

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/toys/1126168

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭Rougies

DOCARCH wrote: »
    0.9c DP 0.4c now. Snow has eased up a bit.

Just a degree lower and we'd be in business. Turned very sleety now, only the heavier bursts are all snow.

Do we expect the temps to rise from now on?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rougies wrote: »
    Just a degree lower and we'd be in business. Turned very sleety now, only the heavier bursts are all snow.

Do we expect the temps to rise from now on?

I'd be very surprised if they didn't rise soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Snow turned to rain this afternoon and now its back snowing again.

1.8C

yeah just looked out window and saw that too though it looks sleety and ground too wet! in fairness this is most surprising and there looks like a lot of heavy precipitaion on the way judging by met eireann 3 hour forecast. maybe another drop or two in temps and we could be in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

still very light snow twirling around in the breeze. air temps should be dropping from now on so hopefully, if/when it gets heavier, it'll start to stick

As usual its jumped Ballinrobe, nothing at all here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

ch750536 wrote: »
    cool, give it 20 mins should be snowing here again then.

Temp 1.4C and heavy snow now. Looks nice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

Tipsygypsy wrote: »
    belting down masssive flakes in Craughwell now - come on the snow, please, please stick.

What's your temp, neighbor? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

congrats to every1 in d west who waited all winter for decent snow,enjoy,light rain here doing its best to b sleet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Vizual Pics

Some nice red pulses hitting the south now on the UKmo radar, any Corkonians to verify whats coming north?

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

Temp 1.4C and heavy snow now. Looks nice :)

more sleety here - you far outside mallow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

To all you waiting for snow further north, I am sure this music would best sum up your expectations:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

still light snow grains here, with the odd bigger flake now starting to fall.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Bit of an on off mix of light rain and sleet now with some snowflakes.

1.0c DP 0.4c

Dusting of wet snow (other than roads and pavements).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

picture this.
    Me waiting for snow all winter, rings OH at home.

OH: hey it's snowing really heavy out here.
    Me:REALLY! great, hope it's still there when I get home
    OH: he he! only joking, there's just sleet out here.
    ME:#@#* off..........................:mad:

Evil, just evil!

picture this.
    Me waiting for snow all winter, rings OH at home.

OH: hey it's snowing really heavy out here.
    Me:REALLY! great, hope it's still there when I get home
    OH: he he! only joking, there's just sleet out here.
    ME:#@#* off..........................:mad:

Evil, just evil!

Cruel!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Some nice red pulses hitting the south now on the UKmo radar, any Corkonians to verify whats coming north?

Look at the NW shield come into action. Watch the 15:30 radar and then the 16:00!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Alot of snow in the Northwest in particular over the next 36 - 48hrs. I know most are concentrating on this event but Friday could have even more snow across the country.

gfs-2-84.png?12

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

How's Dublin looking? Been snowing/sleeting since the weekend really without ever threatening to stick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

To be honest its just drizzling here - has been all day. Never stopped or started raining if you know what I mean. To be honest its a perfectly sh**ty day!

I know I already asked this but does anyone have a handle on what happens from now? UK sites say my temp will be 10c tomorrow but the temp here hasn't gone above 3c all day and will surely fall now - I think this is a deviation from the forecast? I thought my temps would rise all day? If temps drop overnight could we all get snow (he asked hopefully but knowing full well the answer).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

Snow getting stronger in Galway. Niiiicceee :D

darkman2 wrote: »
    Alot of snow in the Northwest in particular over the next 36 - 48hrs. I know most are concentrating on this event but Friday could have even more snow across the country.

i thought things were to get milder not colder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Light/moderate snow continue falling here.

rhonin wrote: »
    Look at the NW shield come into action. Watch the 15:30 radar and then the 16:00!!

Not again !! Gets within 30 miles of me after waiting all day and it stops dead and vanishes. WTF !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

irish1967 wrote: »
    Not again !! Gets within 30 miles of me after waiting all day and it stops dead and vanishes. WTF !

Well you did switch on the web cam this morning so no one to blame but yourself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

snowing at a light to moderate now. not sticking at all though):
    ah hopefully it will if it gets heavier.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

What's your temp, neighbor? :)

Wish I could tell you but the nearest thing I have to a reading is what the good people on the Irish Weather Network tell me is happening in Oranmore! Cold enough for snowing but too warm for sticking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭davehey79

nice bit of snow falling now in Longford town been steady big flakes for the last 20mins or so where i am

• Advertisement

The minute I see the first flake .... Even if it's a cornflake I am posting a Yesssssssss in the biggest font size possible!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement