Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Snow - Midlands, West, North 5 - 15cm+

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

tinners wrote: »
    Are you back in Newbridge ? Any sign of action there ? :pac:

I'm leaving now , but looking at the cam on the newbridge weather site it looks like nothing has happened !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

rain rain rain in dalkey....latest GFS show good potential for Friday Night-Sat Morning by the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

I'm delighted for you WolfeIRE, a nice treat after waiting long and hard all winter....Hopefully we get a good hammering this eve/tnight in Mayo.

I presume there isn't a chance of the rain turning to snow in the south after dark?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

I'm leaving now , but looking at the cam on the newbridge weather site it looks like nothing has happened !

I was hoping you had gone all James Bond and put a picture in front of the cam to fool me !!!! :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Heavier now again.

1.3c DP 1.0c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Quite heavy in Portlaoise now with sticking to paths and slush on quiet roads are starting to see some buildup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭arctictree

Shannon radar is back!

Web_radar.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

snowing in Craughwell Galway for the last hour, big flakes at times and wimpy drops at other times. None sticking yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Shannon radar back up (for now), precipitation right across the country, next heavier burst coming onto the Cork coast ;)

Web_radar.gif

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Big snowflakes now and sticking! :)

1.2c DP 0.8c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

still very light snow twirling around in the breeze. air temps should be dropping from now on so hopefully, if/when it gets heavier, it'll start to stick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

stopped here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Light snow at last !!!!!:D:D:D
    Not sticking but I'm happy just to watch it fall - your turn next Nacho:p
    Just noticed your post above - enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Snow turned to rain this afternoon and now its back snowing again.

1.8C

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    did for me too WC for an hour. Has come back heavier than ever

As the biggest snow enthusiasst on here I'm delighted you got your heart's desire WolfIre!

Grass, flowerbeds, car, roofs turning white now! :) Not sticking to roads or pavements. Did not expect this!

1.1c DP 0.8c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Grass, flowerbeds, car, roofs turning white now! :) Not sticking to roads or pavements. Did not expect this!

1.1c DP 0.8c

yes was a heavier burst of precipitation...here on the coast it turned the rain to sleet...stopped now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

Just been rain in the north of Finglas for the past half an hour. The odd white stuff blowing around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

Its here! Snowing at 3.2temp.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭Rougies

DOCARCH wrote: »

1.1c DP 0.8c

Indeed, the best snow is suprise snow :)

Temps seem do be dropping too (car thermo went from 2c to 1c between 15:00 and 16:00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Heaviest it has been all day Newcastle Dublin:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

As the biggest snow enthusiasst on here I'm delighted you got your heart's desire WolfIre!
    thanks m8 :)

Really beautiful out there lads. I wish many more of you see the same today.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    thanks m8 :)

Really beautiful out there lads. I wish many more of you see the same today.

it's too bad you are in hiding

just kidding:D

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

Snow grains falling here at the moment - barely visible unless you go outside!

Rougies wrote: »

Temps seem do be dropping too (car thermo went from 2c to 1c between 15:00 and 16:00

0.9c DP 0.4c now. Snow has eased up a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

Hey folks! Light snow in Galway, started about 20m ago :)
    No rain in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Snow turned to rain this afternoon and now its back snowing again.

1.8C

cool, give it 20 mins should be snowing here again then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Portlaoise is white - paths, roofs, grass and untreated quieter roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭dclifford

Rougies wrote: »
    Indeed, the best snow is suprise snow :)
    I thought Thunder Snow was the best kind of snow.

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

belting down masssive flakes in Craughwell now - come on the snow, please, please stick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement