Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Snow - Midlands, West, North 5 - 15cm+

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Awh :( No snow at home or at work then. Well sorry actually sorry it is snowing in maynooth but not sticking even a little bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

Just got home, was 2 degrees in car's thermometer when started, was 1 when arrived... too bad it won't show decimals, but the tendency is good :)
    Medium snow intensity, average sized flakes, it could be an interesting evening/night/week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

irish1967 wrote: »
    Jaysus.. :eek::eek::eek:any more posts like that and I am moving away from the coast !

lol I should have said mega-SNOW-tsunami Irish! I was on the phone while I was typing. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

great stuff. you seem like the generous type so send it further north please:D
    I'll do my best nacho:D big fluffy flakes falling now, ground is slowly turning white:)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

irish1967 wrote: »
    K-9.. I should see something an hour before you.. if it dodges round me and hits you first it would be just typical though.

You are up L'Kenny direction aren't you?

Fixed my location there!

Looking at the BBC Northern Ireland map, they seem to be showing it from about 2/3 O'Clock tonight on.

They are showing snow until 6 on Thursday morning! :eek:

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

Started as snow here about and hour and half ago but only lasted 20 mins or so...rain ever since with the odd sleety flake...

Is it likely to stay like this here or is snow possible?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

snow ghost wrote: »
    Very calm here, no precip, no wind, not even a lone snow flake - but there is an powerful intensity to the air that you would imagine it being like just before the end of the World.

You can almost taste the mega-tsunami that is about to bury West Mayo.

wind dropped here and also nothing to report, seems as it hits Galway bay it fizzles out. If this was summer, it would be lashing with rain now!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Driving home from town , reached Newlands cross and it was just snow , got to City west and it was a full on heavy snow Shower ,

From Junction 4 to Junction six visibility was about 100mtrs and it was lashing it down .

Then stopped from about J7-J8

Home in Newbridge now and there is big dark clouds all about but nothing is happening :confused:

Temp 1c

Dp -0.2c

Any sign of deep easterly today?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

snaps wrote: »
    Any sign of deep easterly today?

yeah i was just wondering what it was like in choom. perhaps he's caught in a snowdrift somewhere:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭NoodleMc

Raining in Ballinteer (near Superquinn). :(

Heavy rain here.
    HOWEVER-the snow line is 4 miles inland at about 600ft asl.
    You literally turn the corner in the road and it goes from green fields to white fields and white roads and from sleet to full snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Blizzard like conditions here at present. Up the fields doing some work and the snow would cut the face off ya. No snow sticking lower down but here it is, I would guess the snowline is around 150 metres for sticking snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Heavy snow in Limerick city!!! BELIEVE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭arctictree

Heavy rain here.
    HOWEVER-the snow line is 4 miles inland at about 600ft asl.
    You literally turn the corner in the road and it goes from green fields to white fields and white roads and from sleet to full snow.

Yep, just above the snow line here. Two inches or so on the fields. Was 0.7c for hours. Just dropped to 0.6c.

Edit: Just looked at the radar. I wonder if that heavy lump off Arklow is going to move inland?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Snow trying to stick now to shed etc. The snowflakes are getting bigger now in Galway city:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Heavy snow now, heaviest we've had, and it is sticking at last....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Snow trying to stick now to shed etc. The snowflakes are getting bigger now in Galway city:D

Brilliant isn't it :D:D
    betcha somewhere in the bowels of met eireann Evelyn's smirking :p

yeah i was just wondering what it was like in choom. perhaps he's caught in a snowdrift somewhere:D

Reports of heavy snow are coming in from Tuam... here's one of the first photos:

snow_spray_lkg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Nearly posted my yesss there !!:eek:

OH came home and was reading the last few pages... thought it would be reallllllly funny:mad: to go upstairs and small pieces of white packing foam out the bedroom window ! Funny (not) :mad:

• Advertisement

Snowing very heavy here now in Ballinrobe, Mayo ( 30kms west of chooom), temp has dropped from 2.7c to .4c just like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

The north and north west look like there in for a treat !!!

I looked at these images up till 8.10 pm and I dont think Newbridge or Nass are in for any more unless the wind picks up from the east but dublin seems to be more in line for some fun with them keeping rain (Blue) out in the sea and the snow (Red) and sleet (White) over most parts

106018.jpg

Mnay thanks for posting the chart pistolpetes11. Just looked out here and sky is clear above me, can see dark black couds on the horison (looking south)

Will let you know when it reaches Enniskillen!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

What's the point. Even if it snows this evening and overnight and sticks most of it will be all gone by tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Apparently Moscow is having it's snowiest day since records began.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Mnay thanks for posting the chart pistolpetes11. Just looked out here and sky is clear above me, can see dark black couds on the horison (looking south)

Will let you know when it reaches Enniskillen!!

don't hold your breath

according to raintoday radar it has been precipitating here in Sligo for well over an hour now ...yet it is as dry as a bone and only very insignificant cloud cover

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

sleety snow falling here now :D

Just started snowing here lightly. :)

Min wrote: »
    Apparently Moscow is having it's snowiest day since records began.

That does't matter... it's not in Dublin. :D

What's the point. Even if it snows this evening and overnight and sticks most of it will be all gone by tomorrow.

because it's better to have it for a while than not have it all.

• Advertisement

no sign of sticking here:(

it's got heavier but only sticking on the grass:( i imagine it's all sticking over at knock airport. i'm tempted to take a trip over there just to see what it's like

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement