Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King Of Fighters XIII discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

so stupid **** unlocks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

It takes around 5 minutes to unlock him.
    That being said, I'm sick of doing it since I've had to do it 4 times already.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Sup guys, having a little trouble with a combo as K' and was hoping to get a second opinion here.

Okay so, it's basically: j.D, c.HP, HD , c.HP - Ex Ein trigger - HK -> HK Minute Spike -> LP DP- HD Cancel LK Minute Spike (x3), Then it's supposed to go HP DP- HD Cancel Ex Ein trigger - HK -> One inch -> Ex Shades.

The problem lies in the link from the Heavy DP and Ein Trigger. The input is pretty weird, I've gotten it once or twice but it seems totally inconsistent. I either input the cancel too fast and end up with the fireball DM or too slow and completely whiff Ein Trigger.

Anyone care to shed some light on this? It's becoming infuriating.:pac:

I can't get to my PS3 right now but Saiki has something similar, a DP cancel into a qcf. Instead of doing a qcf motion after the dp, just try finish off the motion (ie forward, down, down-forward, HP, forward, LP-HP). Does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

If you press back/select on these characters during their palettes selection, you get their alternative costume

1) Kyo
    2) Yuri
    3) Elizabeth
    4) Joe
    5) Andy
    6) Takuma
    7) Raiden
    8) K'
    9) Ralf

• Advertisement

Naphiel wrote: »
    I can't get to my PS3 right now but Saiki has something similar, a DP cancel into a qcf. Instead of doing a qcf motion after the dp, just try finish off the motion (ie forward, down, down-forward, HP, forward, LP-HP). Does it work?

It's a start, but now I have another problem. I'm getting Ex DP more than Ein Trigger for some reason. Haven't gotten the DM fireball doing it that way yet.
    It's probably just going to take some getting used to.

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    It's a start, but now I have another problem. I'm getting Ex DP more than Ein Trigger for some reason. Haven't gotten the DM fireball doing it that way yet.
    It's probably just going to take some getting used to.

Tested it myself and got the same results. I'll test it out myself more and tell you if I find out anything.

My current team is EX Kyo, King and Saiki. As far as DLC goes I can just bring it to casuals/tourney and play with them on USB stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

Tried the net code last night.......... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNUr__-VZeQ

Totally not what I need going up against K', Kyo and Shen lol

All the best,
    Razer

I've finally figured it out. It's pretty tricky but at least it's consistent.

Naphiel: You were right about the input, the trick however lies in the type of DP you use, as well as the type of Ein Trigger.

You'll whiff if you use Light DP into Ein Trigger, because any light DP/Flash kick into this game actually pops your opponent up higher.
    It's the same with Ash's HD corner combo, it's usually heavy flash kick- cancel to light boom, then heavy boom, repeat but if they're dropping too low you need to use a light flash kick or the combo drops.

With K', in a wall HD combo you'll only whiff the Ein Trigger if you try linking from a light DP, because it pops the opponent up too high, however with a heavy DP it links consistently if you get the input right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Just a heads up for anyone who hasn't got this yet, Game have it on sale for £14.98 online. Just about to pay for my copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Neeknak wrote: »
    Just a heads up for anyone who hasn't got this yet, Game have it on sale for £14.98 online. Just about to pay for my copy.
    I was just in town to see about getting it. Nowhere in Cork that I'be been able to check has 360 copies. Might try this cheapo deal.

The game is definitely meeting my expectations and much more. The cast are very diverse and fun, I still can't decide on a team yet, although I think it's definitely Kyo/King/K'(team KKK anyone :L). The engine is fantastic and the game is very good, definitely a great fighting game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Neeknak wrote: »

is this it :
    http://www.game.co.uk/en/king-of-fighters-xiii-143333?pageSize=20&searchTerm=king%20of%20fighters

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Me and Cobelcog had a small set on KoF online.

There was a match where it was down to the last round, and I had Cobelcog in the corner doing pressure and etc and he was just blocking some of the Yuri's divekicks and I eventually won.

And then he told me that he was owning me and that there was something completely different happening on his screen and that I lost on his screen.

GG KoF online

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Me and Cobelcog had a small set on KoF online.

There was a match where it was down to the last round, and I had Cobelcog in the corner doing pressure and etc and he was just blocking some of the Yuri's divekicks and I eventually won.

And then he told me that he was owning me and that there was something completely different happening on his screen and that I lost on his screen.

GG KoF online

The same thing happened at the last Inferno I went to, Stev0 beat Cobelcog in final on our screen but on his screen he won? :confused: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Picked this up a few days ago. im enjoying it and it is rather difficult to get proper long combos out. Shame the internet on it isn't great.

Need to find a set team to play with because no one has interested yet bar Duo

Dropping Kyo for Elisabeth

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Let's be honest here, the male was never going to last.

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Let's be honest here, the male was never going to last.

Shup you :pac:

At least it's not Kula

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Dropping Kyo for Elisabeth

Get out > : |

Sorry but all I can hear is

GRAND RAFALE!!!!

Dropping Elisabeth for Kula

We'll have another K' in no time.

Still wondering what kind of teams i should roll with. anyone any suggestions? or just like go with what you feel like. because i'm currently rocking

Kim/King/Clark.

Im fit with kim and king but im wondering who my third would be

I would put King first as she's a very good point character and builds decent meter and isn't too reliant on meter to do things.

yeah like i realllllly like billy aswell. saiki is fun to mess with but i dont know usual tourney rules so are either of them legal since they both unlocks. im ignoring the DLC characters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

No-one is banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

No ones banned but I've certainly shied away from classic Iori cause DLC characters and unlocks are always a pain in the ass.

Advertisement