Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King Of Fighters XIII discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

From my experience it lags the most against irish people. I setup 3bar+ lobbies and get much better games.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

ah sure never mind the netcode,used to bad ones,mks is pretty rough at times
    dont bother with online gaming outside playing irish/uk people anymore anyway

ye i had to go the online route to get bb,were did ya get it from? sadly the site i go to for games has it at "eta month delivery" so ill have a gander round drogheda later see if i get lucky

Just got it off amazon, didn't get any special delivery type and got the deluxe edition in 3 days.
    bush wrote: »
    From my experience it lags the most against irish people. I setup 3bar+ lobbies and get much better games.

Yeah that's weird, I'm the same. UK connections tend to be marginally better.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hate. Still waiting on my delivery after over a week.

Nope, there it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I can't find the deluxe edition online anywhere DooM, got a link? Gonna have to order it online, the trip to dublin + the game price included, I will save going online (plus I hear it's hard got offline too?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ramza wrote: »
    I can't find the deluxe edition online anywhere DooM, got a link? Gonna have to order it online, the trip to dublin + the game price included, I will save going online (plus I hear it's hard got offline too?)

I think every version is the deluxe edition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1690.msg39327#msg39327

Top Japanese KOF player Dune gives his thoughts on the console version:
    Raiden:
    Much weaker, requires skill now.

ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I had a hardcore training session with Kyo today, learned a HD combo, a meterless BnB and the most damage I can get out of his bars.

Yeah, be afraid :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I challenge you to best kyo when i get this game fergus >:|

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I had a hardcore training session with Kyo today, learned a HD combo, a meterless BnB and the most damage I can get out of his bars.

Yeah, be afraid :pac:

Anything I should be doing differently for a meterless BnB or did you just learn the two I use?

I really have to learn how to use HD mode more effectively with him. As awesome as the Fus Ra Dah combo is, I still have plenty of green bar when it finishes. Looks like I have to head to training mode and expand on it.

I have some meterless combos

cr.lk cr.lk st.lk xx hcb k

hop j.hp > cl.hp > df hk > qcf hk > reverse DP hk

I don't think my HD combo will be viable in my order though, it's a little tricky and Yuri's my anchor anyway. I should probably learn a HD combo with her instead.

Actually now that I think of it, I'm gonna go back to training mode tomorrow and see if he can do st.lk or cr.lk into df hk for a better hitconfirm but I really doubt it.

Now to look up his actual best combo meterless and see if I'm far off ;p

• Advertisement

If you land a cr.lk, you can get more damage by going cr.lk, cr.lp, down-forward hk (the sweep), qcf hk, reverse dp hk/hcb hk.

Naphiel wrote: »
    If you land a cr.lk, you can get more damage by going cr.lk, cr.lp, down-forward hk (the sweep), qcf hk, reverse dp hk/hcb hk.

Ah right, will use that then instead :pac:

I think cr.lk cr.lk st.lk xx reverse dp lk > lp/hp dp works too

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Turned this on for a few minutes.

Found out Mature can cancel her far.LK on whiff, so she might be good for tricks/punishes there (it karas her swipes).
    Also, cr.LK, cr.LP is a great hitconfirmer, I can get full qcb+Ax3 or qcb+C~qcb, hcf+C out of it.
    And her srk+C~C ... oooh yeah.

Wait a second, Fergus is playing a male character?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I assume the other two are Athena and Yuri.

Well obviously, but at least it's progress :)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

I was hoping when I scrolled back that he was picking Ash. . . . . . . . that would have been funny :(

DAM IT FERGUS!!!!!! PICK THE EFFEMINATE MAN SO WE CAN MAKE FUN OF IT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I was hoping when I scrolled back that he was picking Ash. . . . . . . . that would have been funny :(

DAM IT FERGUS!!!!!! PICK THE EFFEMINATE MAN SO WE CAN MAKE FUN OF IT

He could have played Saiki too.

Finally decided on a team! Yuri, Clark & Kensou.

I wanted athena, but Fergy stole her... And she's been revamped again xD

No...... :pac:
    Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

I just watched this, it's very very very good. It's not about KoF XIII thought but KoF fundementals in general and nearly all of the video applies to KoF XIII as well. Learned a lot of stuff in this, especially hop pressure

Dropped Elizabeth and picked up Claw Iori.
    My team didn't have enough rushdown.

And Joe, I can only get 4 Orochinagis in a combo. I've let you down.

I cannot for the life of me do Kyo's DP into orchinagi.

I think KoF will force me into learning stick now. I simply can't input fast enough on pad lol

I cannot for the life of me do Kyo's DP into orchinagi.

I think KoF will force me into learning stick now. I simply can't input fast enough on pad lol

I wouldn't let that be the deciding factor, considering you'll almost never use it in an actual match.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭powerofscience

I would let that be the deciding factor, considering you'll almost never use it in an actual match.

typos are the best

I just watched this, it's very very very good. It's not about KoF XIII thought but KoF fundementals in general and nearly all of the video applies to KoF XIII as well. Learned a lot of stuff in this, especially hop pressure

Holy crap, I remember that from about 2 years ago. That's the "HELL YEAH KOF 12 WILL RULE!!!!!! LETS TELL EVERYONE VIDEO" right???

I wouldn't let that be the deciding factor, considering you'll almost never use it in an actual match.

Yeah, But when you do. . . . . . . . . .

Not to sure about Iori as the second character on my team. I really like him, but he takes a lot of meter to do damage. The damage he gets off just a small amount of meter is great but I really want all the meter I need for Kyo. I need to put a battery/zoner in my second place. Might try out Kula and Flame Iori (when he eventually gets released on PSN).

Will probably learn some claw Iori anyway, he's really fun to play.

• Advertisement

Ugh, Iori :pac:

dat command grab.

Advertisement